Science Forums

Antimatter Bomb: Could We Use Antimatter to Make an Explosive?

Vmedvil

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 7:28 PM, Vmedvil said:

This is a informational peice about anti-matter weaponry, read more at https://futurism.com/strange-science-could-we-use-antimatter-to-make-a-bomb

Do you think NATO should make anti-matter weaponry?

An antimatter explosion would be "clean" no radioactive fallout. Antimatter could also be used to trigger a fusion explosion and result in a clean bomb as well. This is more interesting than you might at first think, such an explosion could be used for peaceful nuclear power. It could be used to create huge canals to connect disparate bodies of water for instance.  

Edited by Moontanman

2 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

An antimatter explosion would be "clean" no radioactive fallout. Antimatter could also be used to trigger a fusion explosion and result in a clean bomb as well.. 

I totally agree with this assessment too. There has been some research on the subject by the US military.

Link = https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Air-Force-pursuing-antimatter-weapons-Program-2689674.php

Edited by Vmedvil

2 minutes ago, Vmedvil said:

I totally agree with this assessment too. There has been some research on the subject by the US military.

Link = https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Air-Force-pursuing-antimatter-weapons-Program-2689674.php

This is not real, sadly fake videos like this permeate youtube. 

Just now, JeffreysTubes8 said:

Not using quantum gravity models. They think a wavelength is either interference patterns or superpositions.

Okay, I honestly don't know if it was using quantum gravity models or not, but  it seems as if they current mainstream equations are doing well.

1 minute ago, Vmedvil said:

I dunno, it seems pretty real to me that video, I cannot personally verify the contents however I thought it was applausable. 

Antimatter cannot be confined the way suggested by the video not to mention that antimatter currently costs trillions of dollars for an amount equal to a kitchen match in energy output. 

Just now, Moontanman said:

Antimatter cannot be confined the way suggested by the video not to mention that antimatter currently costs trillions of dollars for an amount equal to a kitchen match in energy output. 

This is true but the budget of the US military is like what 800 billion dollars i would not put it outside the realm of possibility.

Just now, Vmedvil said:

This is true but the budget of the US military is like what 800 billion dollars i would not put it outside the realm of possibility.

You do realise that a trillion is a thousand times a billion? A single trillion dollars is far more than the entire US military budget. 

36 minutes ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

You don't think it's possible someone somewhere figured it out? They don't even know what a particle is at CERN. Whether it's a wave or a particle, or how it's structured to behave under certain conditions. 

There is obviously a huge amount of things you do not know, and no... no one has figured out how to make element 115 stable, the heaviest stable element is lead, once you get to elements like 115 it's half life is measured in microseconds at best.