Science Forums

The Fountain of Life: Scientists Uncover the “Chemistry Behind the Origin of Life”

Vmedvil5

Origin of life

There are a few theories concerning the origin of life.

[1] natural selection assumes that the weak die off and the more resilient carry on

[2] random selection suggests that mutations take place, some succeed, and others fade away

I believe there is a third possibility called predetermined design.

image.jpeg.25477db03299283dd4e6c48fa656a2d2.jpegimage.jpeg.527fc7767c235b1a8216b8a9d67a5ea5.jpegimage.jpeg.b92e01e6dadfe0727319197d188effed.jpeg

When you look at the diversity of life you will see creatures with highly complex designs.

All of the creatures above are highly complex in design. I do not believe random selection or mutations could account for these complex designs. The same goes for birds, fish, and yes, mammals too.

I believe that aliens deliberately designed/created this diversity in life as some sort of experiment. We are in essence living in a test tube.

Someday they will reveal themselves, welcoming us into the universe of life.

(:-

Edited by atomsmasher

On 10/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, atomsmasher said:

Origin of life

There are a few theories concerning the origin of life.

[1] natural selection assumes that the weak die off and the more resilient carry on

[2] random selection suggests that mutations take place, some succeed, and others fade away

image.jpeg.25477db03299283dd4e6c48fa656a2d2.jpegimage.jpeg.527fc7767c235b1a8216b8a9d67a5ea5.jpegimage.jpeg.b92e01e6dadfe0727319197d188effed.jpeg

When you look at the diversity of life you will see creatures with highly complex designs.

All of the creatures above are highly complex in design. I do not believe random selection or mutations could account for these complex designs. The same goes for birds, fish, and yes, mammals too.

I believe that aliens deliberately designed/created this diversity in life as some sort of experiment. We are in essence living in a test tube.

Someday they will reveal themselves, welcoming us into the universe of life.

I am just going to say this as I do with all post proclaiming God is real, you believe in False Gods and False Religion.

Edited by Vmedvil5

22 hours ago, Vmedvil5 said:

am just going to say this as I do with all post proclaiming God is real, you believe in False Gods and False Religion.

First, you are entitled to your opinion.

But saying that I believe in False Gods and False Religion suggests you know me, or think you know me. you and I never met. I do not know you, you do not know me. We are strangers. Therefore you know nothing about my belief in "God" and/or "Religion".

In my view, God does indeed exist & there is only one God

Religions' exist

All the known religions have the Ten Commandments somewhere in their religious books.

All known religions have something in common. & the Ten Commandments is it

1.     Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2.     Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

3.     Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4.     Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

5.     Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

6.     Thou shalt not kill.

7.     Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8.     Thou shalt not steal.

9.     Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

All religious faith groups believe in the Ten Commandments. 

Edited by atomsmasher

On 10/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, JeffreysTubes8 said:

I don't covet my neighbor he lives in a dorm just like me. I just call into question why someone with a jumbo house is so much happier than me.

What is happiness?

https://tinyurl.com/59be2mty

African children smiling and laughing

The children above are living very happy lives

10 Millionaire Businessmen Who Committed Suicide

https://tinyurl.com/37rac3h5

Tell me who is the happiest of them ALL

Edited by atomsmasher

On 10/13/2022 at 4:19 PM, Vmedvil5 said:

I am just going to say this as I do with all post proclaiming God is real, you believe in False Gods and False Religion.

What is real is the fact that nature follows logical rules in the formation of patterns. Fractals are a perfect example of a natural preference for patterns emerging from chaos (chaos theory).  

The Fibonacci Sequence is another example of a purely logical function.  Human have been able to codify and symbolize these inherent relational values and functions in a discipline we call mathematics. 

Mathematical interactions can certainly be used as a substitute for God as a creative agency. 

One might even declare that human maths are an interpretation of the quasi-intelligent nature of spacetime geometry.

IMO, a "quasi-intelligent mathematical universe" is a perfect description of the universal creative potential and renders moot the concept of a creator god.

Edited by write4u

47 minutes ago, write4u said:

What is real is the fact that nature follows logical rules in the formation of patterns. Fractals are a perfect example of a natural preference for patterns emerging from chaos (chaos theory).  

The Fibonacci Sequence is another example of a purely logical function.  Human have been able to codify and symbolize these inherent relational values and functions in a discipline we call mathematics. 

Mathematical interactions can certainly be used as a substitute for God as a creative agency. 

One might even declare that human maths are an interpretation of the quasi-intelligent nature of spacetime geometry.

IMO, a "quasi-intelligent mathematical universe" is a perfect description of the universal creative potential and renders moot the concept of a creator god.

Welcome back Write4u and I have made my views of God very clear in several threads in the theology forums, link = (The God's Apocalypse Cult - Theology forum - Science Forums , Anti-Christ's Clone,jesus - Theology forum - Science Forums , God Is A Dictator - Theology forum - Science Forums , and Darkmatter2525: How God Favors Evil - Theology forum - Science Forums).  If God exists, he or she is just a kid with a magnifying glass frying human ants with time travel and stuff that may have looked as if it were a miracle or magic to previous generations of humans that didn't know about such things, but I am not buying the bullshit religion sets forward about an all-powerful, all knowing, and etc. type God. He or she is just a human or alien with advanced technology, probably invented at some point in the future, trying to fool the world into where he or she has absolute power over the entire planet by using religion as indoctrination for the masses which believe absolutely impossible things as based in reality about God and Jesus to make his or her rise to power possible in the future. It is a simple underhanded scheme to gain power over a planet. A) send religious books backward in time to indoctrinate people to your cause basically saying that the exact things you do in life are what the things people should look for in a dictator also promising rewards and punishments for those that do or don't follow your commands. B) Use time travel to manipulate someone into doing a "miracles" in the past to show your absolute power using knowledge from the future. C) Send back a book talking about your future conquest over the entire human species making a self-fulfilling prophecy paradox using time travel. D) Use those indoctrinated people to conquer the world at the point you are born in the future claiming that you are "God" and the source of those miracles that are technologically based. The fact that those things exist in the past on this planet is much darker than people ever realize, it is evidence of time travel alterations on this planet not of some all-powerful and divine creator.

Edited by Vmedvil5

On 10/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, atomsmasher said:

Do you have any idea of the number of experiments nature performs from which "natural selection" of adaption to the environment is made and how it improves the species gene-pool in several different ways. Multiply this over some 4.5 billion years and the number of small genetic mutations becomes almost incalculable. Don't forget that what you see today is perhaps just 1% of all the species and varieties that ever lived. All the other natural experiments have failed to produce offspring. 

A little example can be found in a calculation made by Robert Hazen (Carnegie Institute), in regard to the evolution of minerals that may have contributed to abiogenesis on earth.

Hazen estimates that the earth has performed some 2 trillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion chemical experiments in its lifetime.

That is a few more than humans can do in a lab, no?  And this is just the interaction between inanimate chemicals and minerals. No aliens are necessary for any of this besides would they not be subjected to the same physical and mathematical restrictions as humans ?

As Hazen observes, evolution of anything is only limited by natural resources, spatial dimensions, and time.

A really interesting movie is the "Hellstrom Chronicle", a dated but well produced and interesting movie. It'll give you an idea about the insect world.

Edited by write4u

20 minutes ago, write4u said:

Do you have any idea of the number of experiments nature performs from which "natural selection" of adaption to the environment is made and how it improves the species gene-pool in several different ways. Multiply this over some 4.5 billion years and the number of small genetic mutations becomes almost incalculable. Don't forget that what you see today is perhaps just 1% of all the species and varieties that ever lived. All the other natural experiments have failed to produce offspring. 

A little example can be found in a calculation made by Robert Hazen (Carnegie Institute), in regard to the evolution of minerals that may have contributed to abiogenesis on earth.

Hazen estimates that the earth has performed some 2 trillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion chemical experiments in its lifetime.

That is a few more than humans can do in a lab, no?  And this is just the interaction between inanimate chemicals and minerals. No aliens are necessary for any of this besides would they not be subjected to the same restrictions as humans ?

As Hazen observes, evolution of anything is only limited by natural resources, spatial dimensions, and time.

A really interesting movie is the "Hellstrom Chronicle", a dated but well produced and interesting movie. It'll give you an idea about the ionsect world.

Natural selection is definitely what happened on this planet, it wasn't some magical dude in the clouds that created everything.

Edited by Vmedvil5

On 10/14/2022 at 1:38 PM, atomsmasher said:

All religious faith groups believe in the Ten Commandments. 

That may be fundamentally true for the Abrahamic religions, but each has their own interpretation. Check out what Islam has to say about worshipping a different god.  Do you believe in Allah as the same God of the OT?

More importantly these moral messages are not exclusive to religion at all. They are secular in nature and can be found in the animal world as well as in the human realm.

George Carlin actually showed how to reduce the 1o Commandments to just two functional moral messages, that are recognized and practiced in almost all of humanity.

22 minutes ago, atomsmasher said:

Hitler said the same thing

In any case, your God for all intents and purposes is basically Hitler how many do you think God has killed or got killed in his name? Billions or Trillions as far as I am aware Hitler only caused the deaths of like 50 ish million people.

God-and-Hitler-570x456.jpg

Edited by Vmedvil5

16 hours ago, Vmedvil5 said:

A) send religious books backward in time to indoctrinate people to your cause basically saying that the exact things you do in life are what the things people should look for in a dictator also promising rewards and punishments for those that do or don't follow your commands. B) Use time travel to manipulate someone into doing a "miracles" in the past to show your absolute power using knowledge from the future. C) Send back a book talking about your future conquest over the entire human species making a self-fulfilling prophecy paradox using time travel. D) Use those indoctrinated people to conquer the world at the point you are born in the future claiming that you are "God" and the source of those miracles that are technologically based. The fact that those things exist in the past on this planet is much darker than people ever realize, it is evidence of time travel alterations on this planet not of some all-powerful and divine creator.

This is a wonderful little clip of an interview of Ricky Gervais by Stephen Colbert.