Science Forums

Are We Designed to Age?

sciborg

Dear Ids, if you do not believe in God, you cannot beleive in destiny and so the question of aging is up for grabs. If we want to be rid of it all we need to do is better biochemistry.

goku: Maturing is not the same as aging. If we stopped aging we would mature then stay that way forever - suits me. There is all the contrast I need in life. Keith

The more PhDs hte slower the progress. Progress is made by creative people. PhDs are made by conformists. and conformists will never discover anything new and htey will just degrade us back to the caves. Does Bill Gates have a PhD? Look at the record. All the brilliant discoveries are made by drop outs. Keith

That! Is computer science my good friends. All you need is a keyboard and some basic crap. Sure education helps, he self educated himself. Yet, a Ph.D allows one to study at a university level allowing them to bypass ethics and be accepted to continue research.

Alone we can do nothing. But I have noticed that most do not have the spark and no amount of education will give it to them. I think that the best would be to select those who do have the spark. Unfortunatley our whole education system and IQ testing is based on false premises and when you erect a structure on false premises you get a Religion - not a practical technology. Keith

I totally agree. It's pathetic how many people have gone into liberal arts, such as painting, drama, other basic things that have been around since the dawn of time.

The only scientific purpose they provide at most is psychological and cognitive. With moire discoveries in brain science, they do provide some detail. However, I don't think we need more media, more art, more this and that. Any further impact would be societal and cultural.

Other than that, they are very pointless. Mass media, of course, yet intellectuals have been the ones who created the mass media fact of the Internet without a degree in art or communications, it was simply the want to share knowledge. Let those with knowledge have the power to spread it, not idiots with the ability to make others dumb.

Computer science is a good thing to study also, yet there are limits to its creativity as there are those who only go so far and never go further, only to obtain money and live life from day to day without the drive of self-actualization.

Unless the "cell-counter" theory is realized, there's no reason to believe death is genetic. I think it's nutrutional, and that's why industrialized countries have more disease, depression, and violence. (See: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price)

Furthermore, the nutritional line of reasoning for the "timeout" of an otherwise eternally regenerating physiology jibes with the bible:

And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, therefore Jehovah God sent him out from the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he had been taken. And He drove out the man. And He placed cherubs at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
(
)

Until they sinned, Adam and Eve could eat from the tree of life.

But deficient nutrition doesn't just explain death, it explains most diseases. I heard from a nutrition promoter that most diseases were actually metabolic disorders, and 90% of medical "conditions" are caused by lacking or toxic nutritional intake:

http://www.mostuff.net/pdfs/SevenLawsofNutrition.pdf

Unless the "cell-counter" theory is realized, there's no reason to believe death is genetic. I think it's nutrutional, and that's why industrialized countries have more disease, depression, and violence. (See: Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price)

Furthermore, the nutritional line of reasoning for the "timeout" of an otherwise eternally regenerating physiology jibes with the bible:

And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, therefore Jehovah God sent him out from the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he had been taken. And He drove out the man. And He placed cherubs at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
(
)

Until they sinned, Adam and Eve could eat from the tree of life.

But deficient nutrition doesn't just explain death, it explains most diseases. I heard from a nutrition promoter that most diseases were actually metabolic disorders, and 90% of medical "conditions" are caused by lacking or toxic nutritional intake:

http://www.mostuff.net/pdfs/SevenLawsofNutrition.pdf

Your statements have no scientific substance.