Science Forums

Perception of time

Alright, is someone around here trying to be funny or something?

Originally posted by: carlosncarlos

The perception of time is nothing but an illusion.

"Perception" is ALWAYS an "illusion". "Perception" is the mental image an individual constructs from their external stimulous as compared to their database of previous experience. It is an illusion based on the reality surrounding the individual. That is why we have developed and refined the process we call Science. It helps remove the individual's personal bias from the developing knowledge base provided by scientific methodology. Science is intended to provide a more accurate understanding of our reality. An understanding that can lead to a greater accuracy in making predictions. To help us make a more accurate illusion from a more accurate database.

Time is the reference data obtained by the comparison of the motion of physical means.

Prove "motion". Take an object, ANY object. You can examine it as an object in it's stationary location. You can observe that can be in a variety of locations, one at a time. You can examine the object as a whole and down to it's subatomic level. As a stationary object. But you will NEVER observe a "moving" object. You will not find a particle "in motion". You will just find that the particle was in one location and then in the next.

Thus EVERY event consists of not only locational defintion, X,Y,Z, but also the Time dimension "T". EVERYTHING is Relative to it's General Time/Space.

When you have an appoinment with someone

"Time of Day" is an arbitrary human invention. It is not relevant to Time as a dimension. It is just a convenient mutual agreement amoung humans.

By checking the "time zones" established for Earth, you can easily understand that time is just a reference, not so a physical dimension.

Anthropomorphizing. Not allowed in real science.

There is not a single experiment which proves that time can be perceived as a physical dimension,

That's strange, I can't think of a single experiment in which Time is not a critical factor.

Show us ANY experiment involving ANYTHING that does not involve Time as one of the dimensions of the experiment. You can't do it.

the complete data of tests are based in experients made in base of what we perceive in reference to perception of motion of things. For example, set you clock today, and read this posting and reply it, read other postings and keep busy the whole afternoon....youir perception shall be that "time runs fast".

Instead of that, turn off the computer and stay in front of it looking at the dark screen the whole afternoon tomorrow, your perception shall be that time runs slow.

Unless of course you fall asleep while it is off. In which case, when you wake up, you will have percieved time to have gone faster. So much for that idea.

These "examples" really have nothing to do with the physics of time/space and General Relativity.

Such different perception of time will guide you to the simple conclusion that what you perceive is motion only. Time is just a reference data, and you can't perceive such kind of information as if time is a physical dimension...to think so is to fall in the misunderstanding of illusions, and in Einstein's case..his misunderstanding of reality made him to create theories which -in accord to reality- can be catalogued as lunacies...

Thus obviously the opposite would hold true.

Carlos & Carlos Scientific Religious Research.

Which comes as no suprise what so ever. Came here to teach us Skeptics how wrong we are by spouting your particular convolution on reality.

REAL Science is so much ea

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Perception" is ALWAYS an "illusion". "Perception" is the mental image an individual constructs from their external stimulous as compared to their database of previous experience. It is an illusion based on the reality surrounding the individual. That is why we have developed and refined the process we call Science. It helps remove the individual's personal bias from the developing knowledge base provided by scientific methodology. Science is intended to provide a more accurate understanding of our reality. An understanding that can lead to a greater accuracy in making predictions. To help us make a more accurate illusion from a more accurate database.

It appears to me that such understanding of reality is a common illusion. Reality is perceived by our sensors and we learn about the physical universe thanks to them. To learn about physics you must read, or heard or see or touch...even taste, otherwise you can't obtain knowledge. In our physical enviroment we are exposed to several illusions, and by a learning process we start to differenciate the illusions by the adquired knowledge about reality. Just listen how the weather man still mentioning the words "when the Sun arises...the Sun sets..."...such words are nothing but acceptable illusions...a common error...a misunderstanding of reality by many.

The ones who know how to recognize reality...just smile and accept those words knowing that the Sun never arises or set but that is the Earth which rotates and from our point of view our perception lead us to see the Sun as a small body arising and setting far away in the horizon.

Then, with that knowledge in your mind, you are able to appreciate how your location on Earth faces the Sun. That is an accurate science, but to establish that all the perceptions are illusions...well..pinch your hand with a needle and tell me about such "illusion"...

Prove "motion". Take an object, ANY object. You can examine it as an object in it's stationary location. You can observe that can be in a variety of locations, one at a time. You can examine the object as a whole and down to it's subatomic level. As a stationary object. But you will NEVER observe a "moving" object. You will not find a particle "in motion". You will just find that the particle was in one location and then in the next.

Lol, that is how motion is defined, throw the object to someone and his complaint will show you that there is not illusion but real motion involved in it. About subatomic levels...come on...just use the appropiate instruments and you will see atoms moving everywhere. You observe things moving, your senses perceive things moving, if someone told you different...that someone might be smoking opium a lot...

Thus EVERY event consists of not only locational defintion, X,Y,Z, but also the Time dimension "T". EVERYTHING is Relative to it's General Time/Space.

Such ideas are B.C. (Before Castro), because according to books written about relativity, the origin of the idea of time as a dimension comes from...comes from...a dumb fiction novel called "The Time Machine." A dumb fiction novel inspired Einstein and others to believe that time is a physical dimension. That is the beginning of such lunacies called the theories of relativity...mere imaginations...fantasies of a writer of novels.

"Time of Day" is an arbitrary human invention. It is not relevant to Time as a dimension. It is just a convenient mutual agreement amoung humans.

Such agreement is observed since humans records started, there are records that going from one place to another took to the traveler "three days of walking" Everybody who traveled the same distances in those eras agreed with such reference. You do the same, and you will aggre as well with the writer. Time is not a dimension...just a reference.

Originally posted by: Tormod

Carlos, long time no see!

Tormod

So you've been through this before. Is he in the least capable of simple reasoning or is this going to be a twisted ride? I can't believe the mumbo jumbo I read in this reply! Some nonsense about a clock and the wind?

Reality is perceived by our sensors and we learn about the physical universe thanks to them.

Have you ever heard of Optical Illusions? Ever watched a magician? Our "sensors" are notoriously famous for mis-informing us. The hand IS quicker than the eye.

Just listen how the weather man

You have an incredible fixation with simple things around you.

still mentioning the words "when the Sun arises...the Sun sets..."...such words are nothing but acceptable illusions...a common error...a misunderstanding of reality by many.

Actually they are very efficient at conveying a thought. It is a well established convention with a very specific meaning. It is not an "illusion", it is an "illustration". A very well defined symbolic representation.

The ones who know how to recognize reality...just smile and accept those words knowing that the Sun never arises or set but that is the Earth which rotates and from our point of view our perception lead us to see the Sun as a small body arising and setting far away in the horizon.

And those that don't have a problem with reality accept and understand what is intended when some one referes to a sun rise. After all, it can be short for "as the sun's position on the horizon rises", thus sun rise!

Lol, that is how motion is defined, throw the object to someone and his complaint

will show you that there is not illusion but real motion involved in it.

I see, so thowing a ball at someone when they are not looking, disproves QM! I see!

About subatomic levels...come on...just use the appropiate instruments and you will see atoms moving everywhere.

It's that easy? WOW!

Then you will have no problem providing a web site which shows us these images of particles as motion.

I can;t wait to see them!

So you've been through this before. Is he in the least capable of simple reasoning or is this going to be a twisted ride? I can't believe the mumbo jumbo I read in this reply! Some nonsense about a clock and the wind?

Instead of replying in such infantile style, please explain how clocks measure your imaginary passage of time...wait...I will prepare some popcorn and cold sodas...the comedy show presented by you in your explanation promises to be good...

Reality is perceived by our sensors and we learn about the physical universe thanks to them.(Carlos & Carlos)

Have you ever heard of Optical Illusions? Ever watched a magician? Our "sensors" are notoriously famous for mis-informing us. The hand IS quicker than the eye.

Yes, I saw myself such optical illusions, but I know that such are tricks made by the magician. That is the way how I discovered The Perceptional Law, by understanding the differencve between reality and misinterpretation of reality. As I know that the magician is doing tricks and that illusions make you believe that doves disappear from inside a hat or similar, I am an adult with understanding of reality. Taking this analogy to the belief that time is a physical dimension (the magician tricks), everyone who believes that time is a physical dimension is a child who falls in the trick with his mouth opened...

Just listen how the weather man(Carlos & Carlos)

You might be correct, but I use common and daily events to prove things...and such evidence is valid as any other event in the outerspace or subatomic particles...

still mentioning the words "when the Sun arises...the Sun sets..."...such words are nothing but acceptable illusions...a common error...a misunderstanding of reality by many.(Carlos & Carlos)

Actually they are very efficient at conveying a thought. It is a well established convention with a very specific meaning. It is not an "illusion", it is an "illustration". A very well defined symbolic representation.

Sure, right...the weather man is talking to the general public as if the public is formed by children only and there is the need to mix fantasies with reality so everybody can understand what they see in the mornings and evenings... I don't know about your background, but for sure your reply shows inmaturity. If such is a established convention...such convention stinks...we are not in Medieval eras, we are living a new era in where technology and reality must walk together...such conventions make brutish people...

Why not mentioning by the weather men that "angels will make pee pee tomorrow's afternoon" instead of saying "it will be raining tomorrow afternoon" in their predictions too?...such should be a nice "illustration" as well...

I see, so thowing a ball at someone when they are not looking, disproves QM! I see!

Lol, I can tell you hat the cat inside the box can die from a heart attack and by such, the unfamous Schrodinger's cat experiment stops being a dualistic thought: the cat will come out alive or the cat will be found dead because the poison killed him.

About subatomic levels...come on...just use the appropiate instruments and you will see atoms moving everywhere.(Carlos & Carlos)

It's that easy? WOW!

Then you will have no problem providing a web site which shows us these images of particles as motion.

I can;t wait to see them!</blockquote

Boy, where do I start? How about his obvious refusal to provide supprt for his claims. He KNOWS he has nothing to show for support, so he tries to put the burden on others..

About subatomic levels...come on...just use the appropiate instruments and you will see atoms moving everywhere.(Carlos & Carlos)

It's that easy? WOW!

I can;t wait to see them!

Excuse me, but who told you that such images "have" to be recorded in the web? Anyway, just go to Google search, write subatomic motion images, and lots of web sites shall appear,

So you openly admit that if there were such a thing, Google would have "lots of web sites"

But first, we know the web has information, including pictures and diagrams on ANY scientific finding. There are an incredible number of resources on the web that provide details, with pictures of every scientific theory that has any substance whatsoever.

So yes you are right. If "subatomic motion" existed, there would be inmages of it on the web. THus I did EXACTLY what you said, I did a Google search for "subatomic motion images".

Now let's see which side Google provides PROOF for:

"Your search - " subatomic motion images" - did not match any documents. "

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Boy, where do I start? How about his obvious refusal to provide supprt for his claims. He KNOWS he has nothing to show for support, so he tries to put the burden on others...

So you openly admit that if there were such a thing, Google would have "lots of web sites"...

But first, we know the web has information, including pictures and diagrams on ANY scientific finding. There are an incredible number of resources on the web that provide details, with pictures of every scientific theory that has any substance whatsoever.

So yes you are right. If "subatomic motion" existed, there would be inmages of it on the web. THus I did EXACTLY what you said, I did a Google search for "subatomic motion images".

Now let's see which side Google provides PROOF for:

"Your search - " subatomic motion images" - did not match any documents. "

I feel sorry for you because you have a very cheap internet connection, in my computer's screen appear lots of references about subatomic motion when I click the Search buttom for the words "subatomic motion images" in Google.

The first reference opens this web site http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/patterns.htm

The secondc reference opens this address http://www.basd.net/technology/STEEP/Science/Physical%20Science/PhysicsKnowAndDo.htm

There lots of pages to surf...don't get drowsy with the waves...