Science Forums

Testing neg rep

Loopy

That was my fault... and yours :hihi:. I wasn't checking Loopy's account every five minutes or so, I was expecting someone to actually follow my little instructions :). Post that you had done it, your current rep points and post count.

I just found out you did it like two hours ago :). After doing some calculations I figure you should be able to alter rep by about 44 points to the positive... Loopy... err... I had 188 points before being neg repped, I now have 162. That's a difference of 26... I have no idea how Killean managed to calculate the neg repping scale :hihi:. At first it seemed like it was about half of whatever power you have to alter the rep to the positive but it's off by 4 points... I've requested infamous to neg rep me to see if this formula holds...

Forever Testing,

Dark Mind

That was my fault... and yours ;). I wasn't checking Loopy's account every five minutes or so, I was expecting someone to actually follow my little instructions ;). Post that you had done it, your current rep points and post count.

I just found out you did it like two hours ago ;). After doing some calculations I figure you should be able to alter rep by about 44 points to the positive... Loopy... err... I had 188 points before being neg repped, I now have 162. That's a difference of 26... I have no idea how Killean managed to calculate the neg repping scale ;). At first it seemed like it was about half of whatever power you have to alter the rep to the positive but it's off by 4 points... I've requested infamous to neg rep me to see if this formula holds...

Forever Testing,

Dark Mind

I erred in my calculations above... Buffy should have been able to alter rep by 53 or 52 points when she neg repped our ever faithful test dummy Loopy. This seems to hold the former equation of divide rep altering power by 2 for negative reputation altering (Obviously the system doesn't round up, so it will always be an even number ;)). Now if I can get one more member to neg rep Loopy on a post other than the first in this thread I can probably figure this out for sure ;). Then I'll get one of the Admins to neg rep Loopy once, then another Admin to neg rep Loopy on the same post to see how far reaching this restriction is...

I'm making pasta for dinner. Can I borrow your mind for a few minutes Turtle? Collander is busted by a sieve will work...

Meatballs,

Buffy

___Sure thing; I just finished draining the spaghetti monster god though & nothing stayed behind! Hey, how about this: "2 or more holes in a bowl is a sieve, but 1 hole in a bowl is a viscometer." ;)

Drainingly Yours,

Turtle