Science Forums

Three Postulates to Understand Entropic Gravity

Dubbelosix

Just a quick note, here entropic is synonymous with emergent.

I have looked at a statistical theory  of gravity and (I looked at) Bure's metric has implication for quantum geometry information theory. So there are links here that should not really be ignored without investigation. How true the statement that the Bure metric is not a true metric is, I am unsure. What I can say is that the Bure metric is a ''metric'' which measures the infinitesimal distance between density operators which define the quantum states. The Bure's metric, can also be thought of as a ''statistical distance.'' This has formal similarity to a distance function of the form

image.webp.1917c1104374d0c2c83b3ef97de840df.webp

This measures also, the shortest geodesic between any two states! It is an angle formula, we may consider it also in the form

image.webp.4c3aee89bc888f767096342c37aec7ab.webp

Of course, (iff) the Bure's metric is not a true metric, then neither is this ''shortest geodesic distance'' equation. It will be interesting to read vigorous arguments for and against the Bure's metric as being a real metric or not. 

Emergent Gravity Nonsense?

One argument I saw, not directed at me recently, argued that you can't talk about the emergence of gravity without a pre-requisit notion of spacetime. They finalized by saying that the argument was illogical and cicular.

Ruth Kastner, pointed out this was not the case, and they misunderstood the technicalities... (which they did).

My postulate is simple, if thf vlassical is a special limit of an underlying quantum theory, we would have long been able to describe gravity within a quantum framework, but after decades of trying, we still find divergence issues, so horrible, that many prominant scientists have taken it as a cornerstone to rule out any posdible chance to successfully quantize gravity. The issues here are so vast, I can't name them all here. 

Quantum Theory is Statistical

You can't rule out superdeterminism, which is the hypothetical, but rational idea that there is an overarching law of cause and effect which controls also the phenomenon we see and "percieve" as random or statistical events. But if spacetime and its complex geometry is emergent from the QM regime, then surely it is made from the sum of more fundamental parts?

More Than the Sum of It's Parts

Quantum field theory and the mechanics describing the standard model, has baffled the common senses of physicists for a long time. The way I envision it, is that we live in a universe that seems to be built to:

1) Create enough space for dynamics to happen, where massive gas clouds form and clump under their self-gravitational interaction aided by primordial black holes acting as cosmic seeds.

2. Perpetuate the formation of planets

3. And somehow gave rise to life. The proposal that we live here and now is quite an amazing and according to Smolin, a mathematical impossibility without some superintellect who directed it all.

Cont. Tomorrow

21 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

1) Create enough space for dynamics to happen, where massive gas clouds form and clump under their self-gravitational interaction aided by primordial black holes acting as cosmic seeds.

The exact arithmetic aside, because I'm not going to haphazardly just give away what could one day lead to quantum coherence.

This starts here with the form of solid light, due to one single calculation and that is the reduced Planck's constant times the gravitational constant over the speed of light squared

Now, you can find the speed of light squared by calculating the speed of sound, and having a tarred tree branch that was struck by lightning, times the seconds between the sight of lightning and the sound of thunder in m/s. And from that you can tell how large the sun is by the time it takes each day during Earth's proximity in winter over Earth's proximity from sun in summer via counting the duration of the dawn and set

On 12/15/2021 at 9:00 PM, Dubbelosix said:

The exact arithmetic aside, because I'm not going to haphazardly just give away what could one day lead to quantum coherence.

This starts here with the form of solid light, due to one single calculation and that is the reduced Planck's constant times the gravitational constant over the speed of light cubed

Now, you can find the speed of light cubed by calculating the speed of sound, and having a charred tree branch that was struck by lightning, times the seconds between the sight of lightning and the sound of thunder in m/s

Edited by Autodidactocrat