Science Forums

Fascinating

darkmatter42

7 hours ago, darkmatter42 said:

https://www.futuretimeline.net/

What is your view on this? This site provides future predictions from present day all the way to 1,000,000 A.D. and beyond. Do you agree or disagree with these sometimes believable and sometimes far-fetched predictions?

I don't consider that we could be correct about things to do with the human civilization past 100 years out, so by about 2121 these predictions could be wildly incorrect, but that being said you didn't see the coronavirus outbreak anywhere in 2019 before it happened, everything is subject to change.

Edited by VictorMedvil

16 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

I don't consider that we could be correct about things to do with the human civilization past 100 years out, so by about 2121 these predictions could be wildly incorrect, but that being said you didn't see the coronavirus outbreak anywhere in 2019 before it happened, everything is subject to change.

Yes. Most seem to be very far fetched. Plus, that's all assuming humanity doesn't kill itself with the next 100 years or so, and even that seems inevitable.

My view on this site is that it gives food for thought on possibilities for the future. It is also nice, stress free reading. I liked the 2023 timeline contents, particularly โ€˜a tipping point for block chainโ€™ (bitcoin topic), warship development, Moon exploration and quite a few other interesting topics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...