Science Forums

The danger of the solar activity and how to monitor it?

bearnard55

The Earth’s climate is heavily affected by the amount of energy radiated onto Earth by the sun. The amount of radiation from the sun influencing Earth and the way in which this radiation is distributed across the various seasons and latitudes around the Earth, is directly influenced by changes in solar activity. Most scientists consider satellite technology the most effective way to solve this issue. What do you think about that?

• 1 month later...

I got interested in satellite uses after reading one of your previous posts and started to examine this topic deeper. It turned out interesting enough. I think that orbiters and satellites are two the most convenient and effective ways to measure solar activity, not to mention separate solar probes. We just equip a sat with a camera, radiometers, and other similar instruments and get a perfect spacecraft to measure the Sun's activity and predict it. Do you know what worries me most? It is a fact that large space enterprises don't want to cooperate and, thus, promote young companies. I accidentally found out about the South Africa satellite camera manufacturer, and I suppose it can be a good company to participate in the development of the satellite we are talking about. This company is called Dragonfly Aerospace, just for reference. 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, SpaceTourist33 said:

I got interested in satellite uses after reading one of your previous posts and started to examine this topic deeper. It turned out interesting enough. I think that orbiters and satellites are two the most convenient and effective ways to measure solar activity, not to mention separate solar probes. We just equip a sat with a camera, radiometers, and other similar instruments and get a perfect spacecraft to measure the Sun's activity and predict it. Do you know what worries me most? It is a fact that large space enterprises don't want to cooperate and, thus, promote young companies. I accidentally found out about the South Africa satellite camera manufacturer, and I suppose it can be a good company to participate in the development of the satellite we are talking about. This company is called Dragonfly Aerospace, just for reference. 

Yeah, I`ve read about this space company. I know another company that manufactures special type of microsatellites that can forecast solar activity. It is crucial to understand what space weather actually is and how it can affect us before recognising the implications of the research to our everyday life and why the prediction of such events is necessary.

Edited by bearnard55