Science Forums

To make human remember everything forever.

Ps2Huang

We often forgot some theories when we haven't had using them a while. I am thinking this, if we can install some kind of chemicals into human with codes in them, then we can have anything memorized in our brains permenently. First of before doing this, we need to wholly dissect the waves of how human brain interact and the process of how human memorizing things. And if we can find a way to deal with it, human might remember everything entirely and for good.

We often forgot some theories when we haven't had using them a while. I am thinking this, if we can install some kind of chemicals into human with codes in them, then we can have anything memorized in our brains permenently. First of before doing this, we need to wholly dissect the waves of how human brain interact and the process of how human memorizing things. And if we can find a way to deal with it, human might remember everything entirely and for good.
I would prefer to let my computer remember all these facts and forgo these chemical injections. The personal PC has in fact, already done this work for us.

So you mean you prefer let computer memorzie them, and you read them on your computer to stimulate the fallen memories of your mind?
Not neccessarily, I'm not suggesting we submit everything to the computer. The human mind is only capable of retaining so much information, enter the computer. It could be understood that the computer is an extension of the human mind. Computers can store vast amounts of information and can be very easily accessed. This is what I call a symbiotic relationship. As time goes by, I think you'll see a greater integration taking place between the human mind and the computer.

Not neccessarily, I'm not suggesting we submit everything to the computer. The human mind is only capable of retaining so much information, enter the computer. It could be understood that the computer is an extension of the human mind. Computers can store vast amounts of information and can be very easily accessed. This is what I call a symbiotic relationship. As time goes by, I think you'll see a greater integration taking place between the human mind and the computer.

Because we often forget things we haven't study long time ago. And sometimes it is necessary that we use our old-tme learned basics to help us go over stuffs; therefore, we need some external helps to make us correct-basics thinking people.

In terms of memory, yes. Most brain functions are controlled by neuron connections called dendrites. These are formed as links between neurons are established. They atrophy when unused or with disease (such as alzheimers).

Biological funtion is mainly isolated and not really mutable once formed, but stem cell research may be able to stimulate advancement in such "primordial" control.

In terms of memory, yes. Most brain functions are controlled by neuron connections called dendrites. These are formed as links between neurons are established. They atrophy when unused or with disease (such as alzheimers).

Biological funtion is mainly isolated and not really mutable once formed, but stem cell research may be able to stimulate advancement in such "primordial" control.

And you know what, according to my readings, human's learning peak is in adolescence. Once we pass over that time, part of our brain will be dead and it makes us hard to learn something. With the contributions of stem-cell research its feedback in future, is it possible to bring our brains back to learning in its peaks?

Think of it as a hard drive... Its much faster and easier to use if there is less stuff on it. As it is used more, it must be defragged, reformatted, etc...and it never really works like it initially did. Also biologically spealking it is much more important to learn when young (to survive), those that have survived already know the basics and are older and less viable parents, so the neccessity to "re-program" their learning is minimal in terms of evolutionary push.

From a transhumanist perspective, the optimal approach to overcoming the limitations imposed by the physical nature of the human central nervous system is to dispense with the physical human brain by simulating it with a digital computer. According to this approach, desirable traits (compassion, optimism, joy, etc.) of human cognition can be preserved, while undesirable traits (forgetfulness, un-useful error, limited speed, susceptibility to injury, etc.) can be removed.

By most accounts (such as those of Hans Moravec), the rate of increase in computer speed and capacity predicts that such simulations will become feasible no sooner than 2030.

An important idea concerning the simulation of the CNS is that it does not require a complete understand of how human cognition works, only an understanding of individual nerve cells (dendrites, glial cells, astrocytes, etc) sufficient to model them effectively.

There exists much well-thought-out speculation that simulating the CNS with digital computers is impossible. The writing of Roger Penrose is among the best of such speculation.

Personally, I believe (but cannot prove) the approach is sound, but am reluctant to predict when or even if it will be accomplished.