Jump to content
Science Forums

Space technology that can help us preserve our environment


Recommended Posts

Can such space technology like or satellites or microsatellites make their investsments in preservation of the environment on Earth? For example, such project like Sentinel-6 satellite we can observe sea level and other stuff that can help scientists make particular operation in environmental preservation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, bearnard55 said:

Can such space technology like or satellites or microsatellites make their investsments in preservation of the environment on Earth? For example, such project like Sentinel-6 satellite we can observe sea level and other stuff that can help scientists make particular operation in environmental preservation.

I am sure some of the technology used for space can and will be used to help the environment of earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

I am sure some of the technology used for space can and will be used to help the environment of earth.

I was pretty staggered, when I fond out that there are different types of satellites and microsatellites that are used for different purposes in environmental preservation area. For instance, some satellites and microsatellites are used to track rare species of animals to prevent them from being killed by poachers. https://www.skyrora.com/blog/satellites 

 
 
 
Edited by bearnard55
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bearnard55 said:

I was pretty staggered, when I fond out that there are different types of satellites and microsatellites that are used for different purposes in environmental preservation area.
For instance, there are types of satellites that [url=https://www.skyrora.com/blog/satellites]are satellite used[/url] for tracking rare species of animals to prevent them from being killed by poachers.

 
 
 

Interesting, it seems you already have found examples of how space technology is assisting the environment, I am sure there will be more in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

Interesting, it seems you already have found examples of how space technology is assisting the environment, I am sure there will be more in the future.

Yeah, you are right. I guess that scientists will develop such kind of space technology. This is rather reasonable to invest in such sphere to protect our environment which is suffering a lot from deforestation and pollution of different types, so we must do something to avoid collapse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...