Science Forums

Human Brain Still Changing?

damocles

I believe that consciousness can manipulate and evolve the DNA. For example, if one thinks about food one can feel hungry. If one traces the biochemistry cascade going on due to the thought of food, the genes within certain cells will unpack, increase RNA transciption, protein translation leading to increased enzyme activity to generate the chemical train need for the instinctive potential. I could see nervous impulse changing the DNA in male and female gamete cells. This is probably why population growth comes primarily from poor people. Their limited world allows more unused nervous potential to be available for gamete cell DNA modifications.

Interesting hypothesis!

Suggested test. Take one bacterium and introduce it to a new unfamiliar mixed food supply. See if the subsequent generations of bacteria show a planned preference for specific efficient food energy sources in the mixed food supply as opposed to a mixed diet

using all available food sources in the supply.

Make sure you establish a control group.

I suggest this as an experiment since conscious evolution SHOULD NOT be human restricted but rather should be a basic organizing principle for animals that are capable of reacting to their environment through measurable stimulus response.

With regards;

That should work. Humans have sensory systems, as do bacteria within their outer membrane. Their sensory systems are more limited but serve the same puprose for data input and environmental reaction. I was always amazed by white blood cells. Human white blood cells have human DNA and therefore the whole range of human genetic potential, although most of it is unused. They are essentially human one cell animals on the hunt for prey.

I believe in human consciousness would eternally be linked with chaotic system, like a coin toss which sometimes come out Shiva mimic , sometimes we've Wishnu mind , we've separated mind to reach highest points and understanding Brahman as conceptual unity of Yin-Yang. Heisenberg uncertainty principle would play the coin toss of human consciousness.

So we would facing chaotic phenomena like : how to create off-genes of hate, our immune againts veneral diseases or AIDS till we think possible immortality.

I believe the brain via the unconscious mind does thought processing and synthessis in the background, which can become conscious later. If anyone has had kitten for a pet, even at six weeks old one will often see it practicing hunting, chasing imaginary prey around the house, even though it too young to have been taught, i.e., unconsious impulse that is teaching. As it gets older, it puts what its unconscious mind taught it through play impulse, into reality action. Humans from ancient eras probably learned the same way, i.e., unconscious synthesis and impulse leading to action (the workings of the gods), which is remembered and eventually done consciously and maybe handed down as tradition. For example, the gods gave humans fire, which was later handed down from generation to generation. I not equating gods with God. The estimate is that we use 10% of the brain? The 90% isn't brain dead but works in the background.