Science Forums

Polar reversal, who's right about what will happen?

Omnifarious

I came across this video saying it there would be devastating global consequences. Including the near-complete destruction of my country.  

What Will Happen In 2021? - YouTube

This was disturbing to me as I remembered reading polar shifts are normal and we might be seeing the start of one right now.

I googled this and found an article from NASA saying that polar shifts are normal, natural but harmless. The biggest change would be to compass manufactures.   Pole Reversal Happens All The (Geologic) Time | NASA

So which one is telling the truth?

10 hours ago, Omnifarious said:

I came across this video saying it there would be devastating global consequences. Including the near-complete destruction of my country.  

What Will Happen In 2021? - YouTube

This nothing but conspiracy bollocks.  

10 hours ago, Omnifarious said:

This was disturbing to me as I remembered reading polar shifts are normal and we might be seeing the start of one right now.

I googled this and found an article from NASA saying that polar shifts are normal, natural but harmless. The biggest change would be to compass manufactures.   Pole Reversal Happens All The (Geologic) Time | NASA

So which one is telling the truth?

NASA is telling the truth in this case, the former idea is based on the idea the earth would flip upside down to flip the magnetic field. We now know this is improbable to say the least..