Science Forums

Mutex has a complaint

Science debate is not only allowed here, but encouraged. We welcome people who get things wrong, but once they are corrected using math and references, they admit to being wrong and learn something. In that way, we all learn something and are all better off from the experience.

What we do not welcome but usually tolerate, is a member who post things that are emphatically wrong, and can be proven to be wrong with just basic math and physics, yet after being shown to be wrong, the person doubles down on wrong and wants to continue to argue. That is you, Mutex.

Don’t complain if you are called a crank or laughed at or otherwise “insulted” when you are posting like a crank.

Post real science, that can be supported with mathematics, and physics accompanied with references, links and/or copy and paste, and you and your posts will get the respect that is deserved.

Post complete rubbish and you and your posts will be treated accordingly.

2 hours ago, OceanBreeze said:

Science debate is not only allowed here, but encouraged. We welcome people who get things wrong, but once they are corrected using math and references, they admit to being wrong and learn something. In that way, we all learn something and are all better off from the experience.

What we do not welcome but usually tolerate, is a member who post things that are emphatically wrong, and can be proven to be wrong with just basic math and physics, yet after being shown to be wrong, the person doubles down on wrong and wants to continue to argue. That is you, Mutex.

Don’t complain if you are called a crank or laughed at or otherwise “insulted” when you are posting like a crank.

Post real science, that can be supported with mathematics, and physics accompanied with references, links and/or copy and paste, and you and your posts will get the respect that is deserved.

Post complete rubbish and you and your posts will be treated accordingly.

Science debate is about challenging current and dogmatic thinking, it is not about someone dropping the hammer on debate because you value your opinion over others, to the extent where you shut down the debate and issue warnings.

In those posts you were trying to justify the Schwarzschild radius, and you were doing so using Newtonian Mathematics, it's not a Newtonian principle. 

You also mentioned big G and little g, you did not however explain or justify what that means, and I was interested to know your position of what that means. 

I don't dispute your Newtonian math, but I also note you only used one mass, and that equation in it's correct form has M1 and M2. 

It is also a bit disingenuous, to resort immediately to insults and calling people lazy and stupid, it's just not professional and would never be accepted in any technical or scientific I have ever attended.

I would love for this forum to live up to the goals of being a reasonable and lightly moderated forum, where people participate in a mature and serious matter, like adults.

Also, with gravity and relativity the model is not conclusive, you say you have a handle of the math and what happens in a black hole, with apparent complete certainty, but if I ask you why does a rock I pick up fall to the ground, and ask you to explain the actual physics and mechanics of that simple action, you do not have an answer. 

So we'll see, if you would like to start with describing big and little G so we have a common framework, that would be a good start, but if it just 'your way or the highway', then I don't see how you will not continue to lose subscribers. 

It is up to the moderators to make or break this forum, you can make it accepting or toxic, you should not be the one promoting being laughed at or insulted at as standard response. Or personal attacks, name calling or accusations of lying. 

So why don't you get together with GAHD and sort out the direction you want this forum to go in, possibly get some new moderators as well (new extra). 

Lets see how this turns out.

If you still do not know the difference between G and g you should never be posting about gravity and arguing against current theory. I have more important things to do than spoon feed you theory. Learn to use Google or even better just read a physics book.

And when you post nonsense on this forum there is a very good chance you will get ridiculed for it.