Science Forums

Scar Removing Gene Therapy Retroviral Vector

I was reading the Article about the regeneration factor Lef1 and decided to make a Retroviral Vector using this new factor to remove scarring from adults. The Gene Map for the Vector is below which once introduced into human skin cells will remove scarring from the targeted skin cells.

New-Bitmap-Image.png

The chickenpox Glycoprotein is used to target only skin cells, which is why that is used on this Retroviral Vector.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Interestingly, I've never had a scar that hasn't healed. Even bad ones, like the heel of my left foot having been cut right open; the scar was gone in a matter of weeks. I didn't think this to be anything particularly out of the ordinary, but given the subject of this thread, I take it I might've been mistaken. Why do you think this could be?

20 minutes ago, Anchovyforestbane said:

Interestingly, I've never had a scar that hasn't healed. Even bad ones, like the heel of my left foot having been cut right open; the scar was gone in a matter of weeks. I didn't think this to be anything particularly out of the ordinary, but given the subject of this thread, I take it I might've been mistaken. Why do you think this could be?

That settles it, you are a mutant, but rather it is probably the case that you have never had a wound that was bad enough that it doesn't heal without growing new unscarred skin. The younger you are the more easily your skin will regrow without scarring and some scars do fade over time, like it took 20 years for one of my scars to disappear.

Edited by VictorMedvil