Science Forums

Conspiracy Theories

Flummoxed

Thoth, here's a link that shows plane wreckage at the Pentagon. But read it all from the beginning and you'll find it's all explained in language that's easy to understand.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a5659/debunking-911-myths-pentagon/

But let's not lose sight of the question being on why people believe conspiracy theories. This is the Psychology section and this is one that's very easy to debunk. 

And then there's the fact that you have a reputation on this forum for other conspiracy theories, such as your apparent anti-vaxxing ideas. I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing but it 'is' worth exploring further. 

Edited by montgomery

Thoth, here's a link that shows plane wreckage at the Pentagon. But read it all from the beginning and you'll find it's all explained in language that's easy to understand.

But let's not lose sight of the question being on why people believe conspiracy theories. This is the Psychology section and this is one that's very easy to debunk. 

And then there's the fact that you have a reputation on this forum for other conspiracy theories, such as your apparent anti-vaxxing ideas. I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing but it 'is' worth exploring further. 

So what proof is there that is even a picture from the real scene? Any picture can be photshopped and made to look like it. I know a person that actually worked in the Pentagon and he seen no wreckage and he said it felt like bombs going off. It really is just your word against mine and my word against yours. Let me ask you this. WHERE is the VIDEO proof of the Pentagon that was confiscated?

Well the fact is that anything can be debunked even if something is true it can be debunked. Not to mention if there is a big elephant in the room people will look at the elephant differently and see different parts of that elephant. The same elephant standing there but the entities looking at it will give you a different view of the elephant. Even in religion for example Christians will argue over words in the same Bible in what they mean or they don't mean. A plain scripture in plane words out of a book and they will go along debunking each other in what it says. The reality you will see is the reality you believe in. That is why propaganda works so good because it changes people's reality. Why do you think our governments and especially the US have paid debunkers and propagandist?

It really comes down to what you believe yourself. If you believe that everything in this world is just pure coincidences and things just happen. Go for it. But I like to look outside the box and not keep my head in a tiny little box of reality and don't think their really are powerful entities out there that really do control the world. It is really naïve to think that criminal elements of this world don't control our thoughts, behaviors and beliefs. They have been doing it for thousands of years brother.

Well I laughed at once when I was told about vaccines. It was my mom who told me about it after she became a nurse when I was a little older. I laughed at her and told her she was nuts. But I ended up doing some research and turns out she was right about the medical system and what is now termed Big Pharma. Ask yourself this. Where is there money to be made in healthy people?

Ask yourself another question. Why is the MSM so adamant in putting conspiracy theorist and conspiracy researchers down and conspiracy theories? How often will you see a David Icke or the late Jim Marrs who was actually a Journalist on Fox or CNN? Could it be the controllers can't have anybody asking questions about the status quo and start to find out what is really going on? Why would the controllers want anybody to think for themselves? They want you to believe their reality so the control can keep going.

If you don't see the all out censorship that is going on now you are truly blind.

Edited by Thoth101

Something else interesting to ponder:

In 1928, Lippmann's compatriot Edward Bernays wrote a book called" CRYSTALLIZING PUBLIC OPINION" and in 1928 a second book of his was published entitled simply "PROPAGANDA".

"As civilization becomes more complex, AND AS THE NEED FOR INVISIBLE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN INCREASINGLY DEMONSTRATED, the technical means have been invented and developed BY WHICH PUBLIC OPINION MAY BE REGIMENTED. With printing press and newspaper, the telephone, telegraph, radio and airplanes, ideas can be spread rapidly, and even instantaneously, across the whole of America."

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in a democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an INVISIBLE GOVERNMENT WHICH IS THE TRUE RULING POWER IN OUR COUNTRY."

"We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. What ever attitude one chooses to take toward this condition, it remains a fact that in almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by a relatively small number of persons, a trifling fraction of our hundred and twenty million, who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind, and who harness old social forces and contrive new ways TO BIND AND GUIDE THE WORLD"

Something else interesting to ponder:

In 1928, Lippmann's compatriot Edward Bernays wrote a book called" CRYSTALLIZING PUBLIC OPINION" and in 1928 a second book of his was published entitled simply "PROPAGANDA".

"As civilization becomes more complex, AND AS THE NEED FOR INVISIBLE GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN INCREASINGLY DEMONSTRATED, the technical means have been invented and developed BY WHICH PUBLIC OPINION MAY BE REGIMENTED. With printing press and newspaper, the telephone, telegraph, radio and airplanes, ideas can be spread rapidly, and even instantaneously, across the whole of America."

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in a democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an INVISIBLE GOVERNMENT WHICH IS THE TRUE RULING POWER IN OUR COUNTRY."

"We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. What ever attitude one chooses to take toward this condition, it remains a fact that in almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by a relatively small number of persons, a trifling fraction of our hundred and twenty million, who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind, and who harness old social forces and contrive new ways TO BIND AND GUIDE THE WORLD"

Jeeeeezzzz Thoth, I provide evidence of wreckage at the Pentagon and you just ignore it, and then go on to promote a deeper conspiracy theory.

And so again on this thread, we have to deal with your conspiracy theory on the Pentagon story and then I can get into this new one you're starting to promote.

Can you admit that you were wrong so we can clean up some of the batshit crazy stuff first?

Jeeeeezzzz Thoth, I provide evidence of wreckage at the Pentagon and you just ignore it, and then go on to promote a deeper conspiracy theory.

And so again on this thread, we have to deal with your conspiracy theory on the Pentagon story and then I can get into this new one you're starting to promote.

Can you admit that you were wrong so we can clean up some of the batshit crazy stuff first?

It has already been dealt with. 

Thoth appears to have a religious belief in various conspiracy theories, even when presented with reasoned arguments against his theories he does not change his mind.

The fact of the matter is a plane did hit the pentagon, and tower did fall several hours after the twin towers, primarily due to the twin tower collapse stopping the water supply to the automatic fire extinguishers working, which would have put out the fire that caused the collapse. 

Edit Claims ref meetings between the Bushes and the Bin Ladens, do not detract from the above. Did those meetings take place? Was Bin Laden trained by the CIA ? is there any evidence to support these claims?  

Edited by Flummoxed

You didn't provide anything but a photshopped picture. Anybody can see that.

Ok....So are you telling me you believe the official version of the story of what happened on 911? I am all ears tell me what you think went down on 911? I need a good laugh today.

It has already been dealt with. 

Thoth appears to have a religious belief in various conspiracy theories, even when presented with reasoned arguments against his theories he does not change his mind.

The fact of the matter is a plane did hit the pentagon, and tower did fall several hours after the twin towers, primarily due to the twin tower collapse stopping the water supply to the automatic fire extinguishers working, which would have put out the fire that caused the collapse. 

Edit Claims ref meetings between the Bushes and the Bin Ladens, do not detract from the above. Did those meetings take place? Was Bin Laden trained by the CIA ? is there any evidence to support these claims?  

Same question for you Flummoxed. So your telling me you actually believe the official version of the story of what has been told to us by the "officials".

It is a fact that Bin Laden was trained by the CIA in Texas. It has even been on the History channel since you like your mainstream information. Do yous not know how to research things? That is what I am beginning to question. During the weekend I wlll get you some evidence. But first tell me what you believe really went down on 911. :lol:

Look the Cabal hates conspiracy theories so much and asking questions about things they even tell you how to combat conspiracy theories. From your friendly government website. :lol:

Changing Conspiracy Beliefs through Rationality and Ridiculing

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5061726/

Conspiracy theory (CT) beliefs can be harmful. How is it possible to reduce them effectively? Three reduction strategies were tested in an online experiment using general and well-known CT beliefs on a comprehensive randomly assigned Hungarian sample (N = 813): exposing rational counter CT arguments, ridiculing those who hold CT beliefs, and empathizing with the targets of CT beliefs. Several relevant individual differences were measured. Rational and ridiculing arguments were effective in reducing CT, whereas empathizing with the targets of CTs had no effect. Individual differences played no role in CT reduction, but the perceived intelligence and competence of the individual who conveyed the CT belief-reduction information contributed to the success of the CT belief reduction. Rational arguments targeting the link between the object of belief and its characteristics appear to be an effective tool in fighting conspiracy theory beliefs.

Keywords: conspiracy theory, belief, rationality, ridiculing, empathy

Take notes guys so you can combat my conspiracy theories. :lol: :rofl:  

Same question for you Flummoxed. So your telling me you actually believe the official version of the story of what has been told to us by the "officials".

Lets look at tower 7. I remember seeing that go down on the news, it happened a long time after the twin towers collapsed. It was not a synchronised explosion, and no amount of conspiracy theory BS is going to change my memory of events on the day.

The Pentagon was hit by a plane. Prove otherwise.

You believe in conspiracy because you want to believe like people believe in religions and gods, as a security blanket for what you dont understand. :rofl:

Listening to David Icke is not research.  :rofl:

You didn't provide anything but a photshopped picture. Anybody can see that.

Ok....So are you telling me you believe the official version of the story of what happened on 911? I am all ears tell me what you think went down on 911? I need a good laugh today.

I'll make it very simple. I believe the official story completely and so that's my position to be debated with me.

Now you can start slowly with an example of what you don't believe about the story. I'll just assume that you've dropped your theory on the plane not hitting the Pentagon. Or maybe not? It's up to you what you choose.

Building 7

The missing plane

lazers destroying the towers

Martians destroying them

Steel beams that couldn't melt

Inside job

building 7 seen on the news falling before it fell

There are probably more but that list makes my point.

Lets look at tower 7. I remember seeing that go down on the news, it happened a long time after the twin towers collapsed. It was not a synchronised explosion, and no amount of conspiracy theory BS is going to change my memory of events on the day.

You believe in conspiracy because you want to believe like people believe in religions and gods, as a security blanket for what you dont understand. :rofl:

None of the conspiracy theorists are going to change their minds, as you have suggested for Thoth. But an interesting discussion can be had on why they invent them. On the ones dealing with 911, could it be that American arrogance won't allow them to believe that it was that easy to bring down their tallest buildings that were symbols of US supremacy for the financial world? 

I think I mentioned on this forum the conspriracy theorist who didn't believe the official story on the twin towers because airplane wingtips were found intact on the ground. He said that would be impossible and so I suggested to him that some wingtips were outside the zone of contact. He then refused to discuss the question any further with me, after telling me that I was a leftie for thinking like that. . 

So you are not going to answer the question? I figured you wouldn't...

I was in the US military. I think I know a little more then you about 911 and I also do my own research but David Icke is usually spot on. Not bad for an englishmon.

What have you done in your life but play on a boat at beaches? :lol: Yea you really know a lot......Sure...OK! :rofl: Maybe you should just stick with your fishing and playing wanna be sailorman. :lol:

You believe everything the mainstream and "officials' and "experts" tell you because you are scared to look behind the curtain. You don't want to see past the illusion because you are in fear of what really goes on out there.

Tell me why should I waste anymore time sharing information with you? You could yourself easily go on YouTube and watch Loose Change 1 and Loose Change and 2

Edited by Thoth101

I'll make it very simple. I believe the official story completely and so that's my position to be debated with me.

Now you can start slowly with an example of what you don't believe about the story. I'll just assume that you've dropped your theory on the plane not hitting the Pentagon. Or maybe not? It's up to you what you choose.

Building 7

The missing plane

lazers destroying the towers

Martians destroying them

Steel beams that couldn't melt

Inside job

building 7 seen on the news falling before it fell

There are probably more but that list makes my point.

Tell me why you believe the official story completely?

None of the conspiracy theorists are going to change their minds, as you have suggested for Thoth. But an interesting discussion can be had on why they invent them. On the ones dealing with 911, could it be that American arrogance won't allow them to believe that it was that easy to bring down their tallest buildings that were symbols of US supremacy for the financial world? 

I think I mentioned on this forum the conspriracy theorist who didn't believe the official story on the twin towers because airplane wingtips were found intact on the ground. He said that would be impossible and so I suggested to him that some wingtips were outside the zone of contact. He then refused to discuss the question any further with me, after telling me that I was a leftie for thinking like that. . 

You really don't know history do you? For an older chap you sure are pretty naïve. Most of the time wisdom comes with age. I think you took it hook,line and sinker for your whole life. A mainstream loving coincidental theorist. Hey....That is your choice. But I am always researching and learning and asking questions. I don't keep myself locked inside the mainstream box of reality.

You really don't know history do you? For an older chap you sure are pretty naïve. Most of the time wisdom comes with age. I think you took it hook,line and sinker for your whole life. A mainstream loving coincidental theorist. Hey....That is your choice. But I am always researching and learning and asking questions. I don't keep myself locked inside the mainstream box of reality.

I agree with Thoth101, I think you are atop Mt. Stupid. Though sometimes thoth101 you go top far with your conspiracy theories.

Edited by VictorMedvil

So you are not going to answer the question? I figured you wouldn't...

I was in the US military. I think I know a little more then you about 911 and I also do my own research but David Icke is usually spot on. Not bad for an englishmon.

What have you done in your life but play on a boat at beaches? :lol: Yea you really know a lot......Sure...OK! :rofl: Maybe you should just stick with your fishing and playing wanna be sailorman. :lol:

You believe everything the mainstream and "officials' and "experts" tell you because you are scared to look behind the curtain. You don't want to see past the illusion because you are in fear of what really goes on out there.

Tell me why should I waste anymore time sharing information with you? You could yourself easily go on YouTube and watch Loose Change 1 and Loose Change and 2

What question have you asked, normally you make statements assuming they are fact, when they are mostly BS, not unlike the rest of this post. Questions end in ??? question marks.

I had a proper job and a successful career, which gave me the money to take early retirement and do what the **** I like in my life, which includes travel, sailing, partying, talking **** with many people including those like you(conspiracy theorists) :) As for sailing. I did this all at my own expense, and sailed probably further than any one you know. I think I am going to stop being nice to you  :shocked:

I was not employed as cannon fodder in the military or payed to go on outwards bounds courses and camping trips playing toy soldiers, at home or in foreign countries at the taxpayers expense. Tax payers in your country many of whom cant even afford health care, are forced to give you charity out of their pockets to do something they cant afford to do, like going on camping trips, with their mates. If you didnt/dont believe your leaders why did follow their orders, unless you couldnt get a different job for anyone but the government, wearing a uniform.

Is working in the service of the government via the military the same as the working in the prison service?. Do you get a free nice boy scout uniform and get to tell inmates what to do? Were you used to being respected because you wore a uniform? Do you now gain that respect from people who cant get away from you. :)

You assume you know what I think or believe. You havent got a clue. You dont understand much of what is posted on this forum either, that is very clear. What more can I say.

I also suspect you dont know the significance of the name Thoth, or have been to Khmun or Alexandria, Ive been there and spoken to people who know about this ****. 

PS are you sure your employers approve of you spending so much time on internet on forums:)

Flummoxed, I've sailed too but probably only a mere 6 or 7 thousand miles down the west coast and back via Hawaii. Also thoroughly explored the west coast from the 49th. to 54-40. Anyway, just to let you know and not for any competition with you. Truant Triad 37 offshore model. Sort of a scaled down copy of the Fast Passage 41 and by Bill Garden too.

Thoth isn't even willing to explain his silly conspiracy theory on what hit the Pentagon and that's because he's ashamed of what he believes. Pretty much the same as the guy I mentioned who couldn't admit he was wrong on the plane's wingtips being found on the ground in New York. 

Nobody should sweat those kind of idiots too much.

Edited by montgomery