Science Forums

Arxiv

Please tell me something about arxiv.  Is it a place where we have to have special permission (membership) to read an article?    I tried a reference to an article said to be there but never got beyond the first page which was only an opening.  No article appeared for me.  Thank you. 

Please tell me something about arxiv.  Is it a place where we have to have special permission (membership) to read an article?    I tried a reference to an article said to be there but never got beyond the first page which was only an opening.  No article appeared for me.  Thank you. 

as far as I know, this publication type is moderated ,but not peer reviewed.

if you have a specific count of publication (presumably these publications have to be indexed by ts reuters (web of science)),then you can publish with arxiv with no required permission.

but if not,then you need someone to endorse you. 

you will state your endorsement request via (presumably by e-mail with) referencing someone who have sufficient publication or known as academics with suitable title.

then you will (presumably) be able to publish here.

Edited by balagna

as far as I know, this publication type is moderated ,but not peer reviewed.

if you have a specific count of publication (presumably these publications have to be indexed by ts reuters (web of science)),then you can publish with arxiv with no required permission.

but if not,then you need someone to endorse you. 

you will state your endorsement request via (presumably by e-mail with) referencing someone who have sufficient publication or known as academics with suitable title.

then you will (presumably) be able to publish here.

Oh,  I was not wanting to publish anything.  Someone on a forum posted a link to an article  there that I want to read.  But I could not get into it any further than an introduction supposedly leading up to it.  Thank you.

If it helps, here is the link: 

profile_mask2.png

Edited by hazelm

Oh,  I was not wanting to publish anything.  Someone on a forum posted a link to an article  there that I want to read.  But I could not get into it any further than an introduction supposedly leading up to it.  Thank you.

If it helps, here is the link: 

profile_mask2.png

you can find the full version of that article here: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1305.5581v1.pdf

have a nice time in reading scientific articles