Science Forums

U.s. Government To Buy 75 Million Barrels Of Oil

Vmedvil2

Why not 750 million? It is dirt cheap. Heck they might start paying people just to take it away since it is in the negatives. :lol: I don't know much about the stock market but wouldn't now be a good time to buy stock in oil? Once everyone goes back online they are going to need gas again. It just seems to me if you buy the stock low now you stand to make a bunch of profit.

Why not 750 million? It is dirt cheap. Heck they might start paying people just to take it away since it is in the negatives. :lol: I don't know much about the stock market but wouldn't now be a good time to buy stock in oil? Once everyone goes back online they are going to need gas again. It just seems to me if you buy the stock low now you stand to make a bunch of profit.

The trick would be in choosing specifically which oil companies are best likely to survive.

It's sort of like solar energy.   We keep getting offers from solar companies to lease farmland for solar panels, and of course, they want the most productive land, and they make a lot of promises af easy money, but with  so many companies out there, which ones will go bankrupt or just get bought out?  We don't trust any of them, and we don't want to see productive farmland not used as farmland.

I’m not a farmer, but I have a substantial garden, I am thinking of installing solar panels along the whole length over the top of it. So, I was wondering if the garden would survive underneath.

That led me to this article about dual use. What do you make of it?

It looks promising, and if I could find a solar company willing to work with us, I would be willing to give it a go.

I have heard of some places grazing sheep on grasses below solar panels, but I have yet to hear of anyone grazing cattle.

Although  my body is starting to feel it's age, and the cows can hit pretty hard even when they don't try, so the time is nearing when I will have to shift into other fields of  agricultural production.

The trick would be in choosing specifically which oil companies are best likely to survive.

It's sort of like solar energy.   We keep getting offers from solar companies to lease farmland for solar panels, and of course, they want the most productive land, and they make a lot of promises af easy money, but with  so many companies out there, which ones will go bankrupt or just get bought out?  We don't trust any of them, and we don't want to see productive farmland not used as farmland.

I think it would take some good research for sure. If I were to bet I would bet on Exxon that is just what comes in my mind. But I am not a betting man. I would consider some very solid research before I put any money into a stock of a company. My first start would be who are the owners? Who is invested in the previous stock and are they getting out or buying more. It don't have to be a gamble if you research it hard enough.

I’m not a farmer, but I have a substantial garden, I am thinking of installing solar panels along the whole length over the top of it. So, I was wondering if the garden would survive underneath.

That led me to this article about dual use. What do you make of it?

Many people have got off the grid itself by using solar. I think solar works great for individuals. If it is for a whole community not very good. I think it will work great for a garden. But not the whole garden of a city. Most maybe a 100 people.

Edited by Thoth101

It is a good idea, which could be developed further, some plants dont like direct or intense sunlight. Providing them with shade, prevents evaporation of water, and could promote plant growth towards the light. If too much shade is a problem from solar panels, fully transparent ones may be soon available https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/188667-a-fully-transparent-solar-cell-that-could-make-every-window-and-screen-a-power-source

Also rather than using solar to generate electricity it can be used to desalinate sea water potentially allowing irrigation of huge areas of land. The Sahara Forest Project springs to mind. Here is something they are doing in Jordan. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180822-this-jordan-greenhouse-uses-solar-power-to-grow-crops

You dont understand the technology, fully integrated small cities based purely on renewables exist. Denmark might have the best examples I couldnt find anything on it you might read. The whole planet could be supplied by renewables, it will just cost you a bit more.

You don't know what I do and don't understand. I am not sure why you feel the need to talk down to people to stroke your ego. Do you really think people want to spend more then they already pay on power to live in a small city? If we would go  to the Tesla technology that was blocked power would be free and cost us nothing at all.

Stroking my ego huh!

I am not aware of talking down to you. I have gone out of my way to humor you, even though I often do not agree with you. If by pointing out you are wrong, or other views exist is a problem, then I wont be the only one you decide to fall out.  

You seem to believe Tesla power is a proven fact, it is not. He published lots of papers on many of his inventions, none of which produced power from the Aether. 

I am certain Tesla did not manage to extract power from zero point energy. He had a very good try, but failed. Wardencliffe nearly bankrupted him.  

Many people have tried reproducing his experiments in the hope to produce power from zero point energy, they have got nothing to date. Some people actually earn a living from their experiments by giving lectures on what they have tried.   

You are concerned 5G power levels might microwave your brain, Tesla was using extremely high power levels and wanting to transmit power wirelesly to your home.

Are you telling me someone has a free energy device working? Why not start a thread on it ?

I often do not agree with you also and I go out of my way to answer all your questions on certain subjects and debate you. The information I have is valuable and I can't help you have not done the deep enough research to consider what I have to say and blow it all off as pseudoscience

If you want to talk more about Tesla then I encourage you to start a thread on it. Since this thread is about oil.

Tesla is one of the most prolific inventors of the 20th century and the man that actually electrified the world. Nikola Tesla shepherded mankind to a new industrial era and laid the groundwork for today's technological age. It is quite possible that 5G came about because of him. That is what happens when certain technologies get in the hands of psychopaths who use technology for destruction instead of making it a better world and the advancement of humans.

Edited by Thoth101