Science Forums

New Guy From Idaho

BobInIdaho

I recently retired, 30 years Senior IT Programmer/Analyst. Dabbler in writing music, gardening, Go, chess, piano and guitar.

=Bob=

I play guitar myself when I get time which isn't much anymore. What type of music do you like to play? I like from Classic Rock to Metallica. For some reason I just love playing Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin songs the most. Metallica is fun also.

Nice to e-meet you Victor Medvil.

Hello Thoth101. My main instrument is keyboard. Guitar is secondary. I was a music major in college, so I'm interested in all genres and forms.

Thanks!

~Bob

That is awesome! First thing that comes to mind you knowing how to play the keyboard is making some Doors music. I don't think they used a keyboard exactly but I am sure you could make the same sounds with the keyboard. I have not gone to college for music but I am self taught on the guitar. My favorite scales are A minor and E minor. I always felt simpler is always the best. Nothing like hearing that EM cord on a guitar with heavy distortion. Actually I think most of rock atleast earlier rock was all mostly based or loosely atleast based on A minor.