Science Forums

Coronavirus Is Fake News

Vmedvil2

I hope you are not killing and eating your pets! :omg:  :ohdear:  :esad:

One town over there is a farm with their own slaughterhouse , butcher shop and store.  The cull cows go there, and we get our meat there,so...

When I was a child, I remember when a cow broke a leg, my father shot it, hung it upside down with the loader on the tractor, cut it's throat to drain the blood, then loaded it into the back of the farm truck and brought it to the processor in the next town over, then a few days later went back and picked up the boxed beef that we kept in the chest freezer.  It would last our family of 8 for about a year.

Today cows have to walk into the slaughter house, so cows that break a leg end up in a compost pile.

One town over there is a farm with their own slaughterhouse , butcher shop and store.  The cull cows go there, and we get our meat there,so...

When I was a child, I remember when a cow broke a leg, my father shot it, hung it upside down with the loader on the tractor, cut it's throat to drain the blood, then loaded it into the back of the farm truck and brought it to the processor in the next town over, then a few days later went back and picked up the boxed beef that we kept in the chest freezer.  It would last our family of 8 for about a year.

Today cows have to walk into the slaughter house, so cows that break a leg end up in a compost pile.

I’m guessing there wouldn’t be much of an incentive, on the cow’s part, to get its broken leg set just so it could walk into the slaughterhouse.

That must be quite an impressive compost heap, if it can accept a whole cow. Or do you chop it up first?

Do you use thermophilic composting or vermicomposting? At least with the latter you get a lot of worms that can be fed to the chickens.

I’m asking because if this shutdown lasts any longer, I will probably take early retirement from the NOAA. The ships are all berthed and the prospects of any expeditions this year are dim.

I’ll either make my way back down to Key West and do the whole Hemingway thing, or maybe go into farming, or go up to Alaska and be a bush pilot.

The CDC agrees with the worldometer data https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html#accordion-1-collapse-3 at least it does on this page, In your your link above it states the numbers are only provisional. ie they are likely lagging behind the true picture.

I linked to data from a US government agency, namely the National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics System; which data uses a specific code for deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, based on actual death certificates, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1

The so-called CDC data you are showing is really just a copy of stats they are using from the Worldometer website, which has deaths almost twice as high as the numbers from the National Vital Statistics System, and these numbers are being used to instill fear into the American public to justify continued shutdowns.

The question is, who runs the Worldometer website? I cannot find the answer to this but I suspect it is tied to mainstream media in some way. One thing is sure; it is not run by any government agency.

In fact, this message is displayed on that website:

Worldometer is run by an international team of developers, researchers, and volunteers with the goal of making world statistics available in a thought-provoking and time relevant format to a wide audience around the world. It is published by a small and independent digital media company based in the United States. We have no political, governmental, or corporate affiliation.

So, who are they and why is mainstream media and even one page on CDC site using their data?

Given the chance of early retirement, with enough money, why would you want to carry on working?

Gardening can be hard work, farming is harder, and doesnt pay well, be careful what you dream of doing when you retire :)

If you still want to be on the water, I bet there are some cheap cruising boats going in the states soon, due to the Caribbean lock down and restrictions on travel.

If the Caribbean boats are forced to return to the states, they wont like the mooring costs, and will sell at knock down prices.

I have my eye on a small hotel, bar and restaurant in Key West that also has a dock where I can tie up a charter fishing or diving boat. But I am also a licensed pilot and have flown in Alaska before so, who knows  :shrugs:  but this looks like the right time to make a move.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the CDC's data, the symptomatic case fatality percentage is 0.4 percent.

Reading further into the data reveals it's even lower than that.

Scenario 5 includes data on "[p]ercent of infections that are asymptomatic." That, according to the CDC, is 35 percent.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/cdc-estimates-put-covid-fatality-rate-0-26-13-times-lower-initial-claim/?fbclid=IwAR3Wt-CvRk7JChKJQ4Rkmg7H-U6RoXXlcPPpz7x-Fwsi6RR7VJn6KtslGu8

The truth is slowly starting to come out, at least in Germany:

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry. The 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management”  (in German) has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the interior ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

Some of the report key passages are:

The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

A reproach could go along these lines: During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.

Edited by OceanBreeze

The truth is slowly starting to come out, at least in Germany:

Germany’s federal government and mainstream media are engaged in damage control after a report that challenges the established Corona narrative leaked from the interior ministry. The 93-pages report titled “Analysis of the Crisis Management”  (in German) has been drafted by a scientific panel appointed by the interior ministry and composed by external medical experts from several German universities.

Some of the report key passages are:

The dangerousness of Covid-19 was overestimated: probably at no point did the danger posed by the new virus go beyond the normal level.

The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).

Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.

The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.

A reproach could go along these lines: During the Corona crisis the State has proved itself as one of the biggest producers of Fake News.

The report focuses on the “manifold and heavy consequences of the Corona measures” and warns that these are “grave”.

More people are dying because of state-imposed Corona-measures than they are being killed by the virus.

The reason is a scandal in the making:

A Corona-focused German healthcare system is postponing life-saving surgery and delaying or reducing treatment for non-Corona patients.

Great find and I think this is what we thought all along. As they say "never let a good crisis go to waste". No doubt in my mind for a while now the mainstream(governments) are the biggest pushers of false news and propaganda. Still most people will have their heads in the sand and fall for it every time. They love their servitude.

ref my American sailor friend in cape town. He died from complications, due to corona virus. He was healthy, so it isnt just getting the old and sick about to die. so much for fake news. 

I think it is a legitimate virus the fake news lies in how it was created and spread across the world. Healthy people can die of pneumonia also and even the flu. But we don't shut everything down and wear facemasks for those. Not to mention wearing a facemask all day breathing in your carbon dioxide lowers your immune system. It also makes your immune system weak not being around any other people and keeping things totally clean from germs.

Edited by Thoth101

ref my American sailor friend in cape town. He died from complications, due to corona virus. He was healthy, so it isnt just getting the old and sick about to die. so much for fake news. 

“Healthy” is not a very definitive description. There are varying degrees of being healthy. How old was he?

I don’t think anyone has claimed that this virus kills the old and infirm exclusively, but that is basically true, with few exceptions.

These two graphics demonstrate this:

file-20200317-60894-1l3jara.png?ixlib=rb

file-20200317-60906-11kmy5p.png?ixlib=rb

I’m sorry about the loss of your friend

• 2 weeks later...

The coming Trump rallly will be an interesting experiment if the attendees are brave and don't wear masks but the results will be skewed if half do and half don't. We're told that masks will be available for everyone.

I am pretty sure the rioters have not been wearing any masks. :lol: I myself don't wear a mask in public but I also don't support presidents or politicians so I wouldn't even go to a rally in the first place.lol!

Most of the protesters have been wearing masks on the pretense of the virus but are really more interested in hiding their identities if they decide to resort to unlawful behaviour.

Few of Trump's audience wore masks last night at his rally but at least the number in attendance was closer to 5000 instead of the predicted 100,000. 

Still, the consequences of ignoring precautions should be measurable. 

Most of the protesters have been wearing masks on the pretense of the virus but are really more interested in hiding their identities if they decide to resort to unlawful behaviour.

Few of Trump's audience wore masks last night at his rally but at least the number in attendance was closer to 5000 instead of the predicted 100,000. 

Still, the consequences of ignoring precautions should be measurable. 

Well you realize the stupidity of people when they even wear a mask in their car with nobody in the car with them. Or they are wearing a mask while bike riding where from breathing in their own breath they could pass out on their bike or car and end up dying crashing. I think a mask is most useful if you are inside around a lot of people not out in the open. That is just ridiculous to wear a mask outside unless you plan on people sneezing and coughing on you in the wind. :lol:  :lol:

But yes it is a good idea to wear it to hide your identity while doing unlawful acts. Even add a little extra benefit by wearing googles also. The perfect disguise.