Science Forums

Questions To Special Relativity

Yes the graph is 

Lorentz-factor-svg.png

The Gamma field is a function of velocity(https://www.mathsisfun.com/sets/function.html).

OK, the speed V doesn't change, as can be seen from the figure ,γ (V) is a constant.

But you just told me:”No, they will still differ by their velocity as a function of gamma.“

Why are they still different? Are there other factors that should affect it?

Edited by TonyYuan2020

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

γ (V)  = Calculus(x*dv)?   or    γ (V)  = Calculus(v*dx)? what is x?

first γ (V) =0, because of V is a constant, so dv = 0. So what is the x in the second?

That is incorrect as across different reference frames velocity changes, thus is not constant across the different objects or frames of reference.

Edited by VictorMedvil

But now there's only earth and spacecraft, nothing else.

Dude, I am done with this it doesn't matter how many objects are present there will still be a gamma upon the object, because it has velocity. it's a god damn function that creates a vector field(http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcIII/VectorFields.aspx).

Edited by VictorMedvil

So now you admit that these ships have the same time rate?Right? Because they have the same speed.

That's what I was saying the entire time, If they have the same velocity then they have the same rate of time, if they have different velocities then different rates of time, you kept changing the velocity that they were going.

That's what I was saying the entire time, If they have the same velocity then they have the same rate of time, if they have different velocities then different rates of time, you kept changing the velocity that they were going.

Can I understand this passage like this? You admit that these ships have the same time rate as their speed is same.