Science Forums

I Want To Say Thank You!

Thoth101

I just want to say thankyou to the people on here. I like how we can debate without a negative attitude. We try to figure out things together without knocking each other down. It is hard to find a forum like this. So I just want to thankyou all the entities I talk to on here. Thankyou for being open and looking at things in an open and positive way. I truly appreciate it.

Edited by Thoth101

Things we talk about on here Facebook banned me for. Hello freedom of speech,Lets always hope the owners of this site believe in free expression of thought.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to private spaces. Facebook's TOS means THEY own everything you post on it, thus they are liable for any libel or whatnot. From that perspective they have to be careful about theoretical legal costs while they exploit your use for data mining and other revenue streams. Personally I only use FB as a sort of offsite backup for interesting articles and music that spoke to me on a particular day because I bothered to read the TOS every time they update it(Notepad++ is useful to compare the changes quickly).

There's other social networks that do not assume ownership of user content so they let you do more of what you want. As for this site's policies: they're conveniently linked on the bottom right of every single page and you SHOULD keep them in mind. One in particular is the one I lean more towards when debating moderation action; "Respect the opinions of others...corollary, we respect people’s right to make fools of themselves in public"  An open forum to debate ideas requires that sort of thing to avoid becoming an autocratic echo-chamber, at least from my perspective. That has to be balanced against other rules of course, and I particularly have little patience for word-salad and similar things that detract from communication.

So, thanks to all the people who do discuss and especially those that do their best to step past bias or hurt feelings.

Things we talk about on here Facebook banned me for. Hello freedom of speech,Lets always hope the owners of this site believe in free expression of thought.

Don't assume that FB's algorithms are perfect.

I am an admin on a local area FB page and I posted 3 video's from the mid 1980's to show what the area was like back then. For comparison purposes I logged back into the same page under my own account and added 3 Google Street View links to show what the 3 places in the video were currently like. I immediately received an automatic message from FB saying that I was banned from that site for 30 days for spamming despite being an admin of that page. What really annoyed me was that I would still receive FB marketing adverts in my own news feed for that page as I was an admin despite being banned from the page.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to private spaces. Facebook's TOS means THEY own everything you post on it, thus they are liable for any libel or whatnot. From that perspective they have to be careful about theoretical legal costs while they exploit your use for data mining and other revenue streams. Personally I only use FB as a sort of offsite backup for interesting articles and music that spoke to me on a particular day because I bothered to read the TOS every time they update it(Notepad++ is useful to compare the changes quickly).

There's other social networks that do not assume ownership of user content so they let you do more of what you want. As for this site's policies: they're conveniently linked on the bottom right of every single page and you SHOULD keep them in mind. One in particular is the one I lean more towards when debating moderation action; "Respect the opinions of others...corollary, we respect people’s right to make fools of themselves in public"  An open forum to debate ideas requires that sort of thing to avoid becoming an autocratic echo-chamber, at least from my perspective. That has to be balanced against other rules of course, and I particularly have little patience for word-salad and similar things that detract from communication.

So, thanks to all the people who do discuss and especially those that do their best to step past bias or hurt feelings.

Thanks for your input GAHD. That makes sense.

Don't assume that FB's algorithms are perfect.

I am an admin on a local area FB page and I posted 3 video's from the mid 1980's to show what the area was like back then. For comparison purposes I logged back into the same page under my own account and added 3 Google Street View links to show what the 3 places in the video were currently like. I immediately received an automatic message from FB saying that I was banned from that site for 30 days for spamming despite being an admin of that page. What really annoyed me was that I would still receive FB marketing adverts in my own news feed for that page as I was an admin despite being banned from the page.

That is real silly. So it's pretty much an AI algorithm that does the banning? There is not actual people behind it that look into the bans?

I used to do bad things on facebook but always right before I got banned I would delete my account after erasing all the information on the facebook page. It's actually funny how incompetent those A.I. are on facebook. I talked about some real ****, stuff that would make your skin crawl, you would never look at this world the same way if you had saw that facebook page, you would be skull ****ed by how evil people really are. It was a facebook page dedicated to concentrated evil, I found a way to compress evil into those facebook pages.

158356052679989146.jpg

All of humanity's evil compressed into one facebook page!

Edited by VictorMedvil

I used to do bad things on facebook but always right before I got banned I would delete my account after erasing all the information on the facebook page. It's actually funny how incompetent those A.I. are on facebook. I talked about some real ****, stuff that would make your skin crawl, you would never look at this world the same way if you had saw that facebook page, you would be skull ****ed by how evil people really are. It was a facebook page dedicated to concentrated evil, I found a way to compress evil into those facebook pages.

158356052679989146.jpg

All of humanity's evil compressed into one facebook page!

That is interesting. :lol:  :lol:  Was anybody every able to see it since you deleted it right away?

Yes it was up for like 2 years.

Well it seems the AI algorithm has gotten more powerful. It was almost instant. I only go on FB once a week. And all I did is ask a question on my page. I asked why are we giving Israel millions of dollars while we have homeless in the street and put the Native Americans in little sanctuaries. That was somehow classified as hate speech for asking a question about Israel.

Well it seems the AI algorithm has gotten more powerful. It was almost instant. I only go on FB once a week. And all I did is ask a question on my page. I asked why are we giving Israel millions of dollars while we have homeless in the street and put the Native Americans in little sanctuaries. That was somehow classified as hate speech for asking a question about Israel.

It was probably because of people like me that they fixed all that stuff, this was back in like 2015 to 2017.

Edited by VictorMedvil

It was probably because of people like me that they fixed all that stuff, this was back in like 2015 to 2017.

And they want to stop descent of the mainstream narrative. They blame it on fake news for the hike in the algorithms and AI also. The way I see it though the mainstream media are the ones that put out the most fake news. And they don't even have any journalist anymore. Just teleprompter readers.