Science Forums

Corona Virus Outbreak China

Ya, I played WOW when that happened I just continued along my daily grind of dungeons, raids and pvp. I don't think I got infected with the Hakkar Disease outside the raid. Though during the Zombie Apocalypse outbreak I infected many people with the zombie virus in WOW.

Edited by VictorMedvil

About 4% of those infected seem to be dying at the moment. There seems to be Pandemics every 50 or so years, maybe this is the next fledgling Pandemic just getting started, or not. People returning from Holiday in Wuhan have been found in multiple countries after having traveled through various international airports. This might not be as fast as a computer virus, but it certainly getting around.  

About 4% of those infected seem to be dying at the moment. There seems to be Pandemics every 50 or so years, maybe this is the next fledgling Pandemic just getting started, or not. People returning from Holiday in Wuhan have been found in multiple countries after having traveled through various international airports. This might not be as fast as a computer virus, but it certainly getting around.  

You're on it Flummoxed, please spread the word. :)

It seems like P2 facemasks filter particles out before entering the respiratory system so they will prevent a fully grown viral 'King' or 'Queen' Coronavirus spores from getting through but will allow less developed and less lethal juvenile spores through. Most people can can 'live' through this although proper medical treatment is still required.

Regards.

Edited by LaurieAG

You're on it Flummoxed, please spread the word. :)

It seems like P2 facemasks filter particles out before entering the respiratory system so they will prevent a fully grown viral 'King' or 'Queen' Coronavirus spores from getting through but will allow less developed and less lethal juvenile spores through. Most people can can 'live' through this although proper medical treatment is still required.

Regards.

It's a virus it doesn't have spores, if a single virion infects you, you will become sick as the virus will reproduce inside your cells. It's not like anthrax where you have to breathe in the spores to be infected. 

Edited by VictorMedvil

It's a virus it doesn't have spores, if a single virion infects you, you will become sick as the virus will reproduce inside your cells. It's not like anthrax where you have to breathe in the spores to be infected. 

Here are7 the DNA Y Haplotypes that have RESISTANCE and the main DNA Y Haplotype that is susceptible.

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/121121-wuhan-coronavirus-prompts-netizens-to-study-world-of-warcraft-epidemic/?tab=comments#comment-113008788

Here are7 the DNA Y Haplotypes that have RESISTANCE and the main DNA Y Haplotype that is susceptible.

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/121121-wuhan-coronavirus-prompts-netizens-to-study-world-of-warcraft-epidemic/?tab=comments#comment-113008788

Once they gene seqeuence the virus I will be posting a cure using a Pseudo-typed Retroviral Vector with a cas9 insert. It's just a Corona Virus thus should follow this gene sequence pattern.

SARS Gene Map

gr1.jpg

SARS Secondary Gene Map

Map-of-significant-mutations-insertions-

SARS Trinary Gene Map 

SARSgenome.jpg

Removal/silencing of Polymerase NSP9 , RNA Polymerase NSP12 , NTPase NSP10, Protease 3CL-PRO 'NSP5', and Protease NSP3 disarms SARS, which I imagine is very similar to this new corona virus.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Problem is even if they know its genetic code, the virus could easily become protean, changing from liquid to airborne to blood transmission, depending on its environment and response to antibiotics/vaccine. If its environment is harsh, it can genetically mutate faster in theory than to cure it. This is a similar situation with superbugs and how their environment hardens or genetically modifies them to become even a stronger virus.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Problem is even if they know its genetic code, the virus could easily become protean, changing from liquid to airborne to blood transmission, depending on its environment and response to antibiotics/vaccine. If its environment is harsh, it can genetically mutate faster in theory than to cure it. This is a similar situation with superbugs and how their environment hardens or genetically modifies them to become even a stronger virus.

I can't say you're wrong but the genetic structure will mostly stay the same. For Instance, a polymerase would not greatly change as if it changed too much it would cease to function. Usually, I target the genes that replicate the virus rather than something like a glycoprotein and envelopes that transmit it because those parts often change where as these parts often don't change and are generally necessary for the virus to function.

Edited by VictorMedvil

I just read a report, will need to wait to see for scientific papers but according to one expert,

"An R0=3.8 means that it exceeds SARS’s modest 0.49 viral attack rate by 7.75x — almost 8 fold! A virus that spreads 8 faster than SARS cannot be stopped by containment alone. A 99% quarantine lockdown containment of Wuhan will not even reduce the epidemic’s spread by even 1/3rd in the next 2 weeks."

I just read a report, will need to wait to see for scientific papers but according to one expert,

"An R0=3.8 means that it exceeds SARS’s modest 0.49 viral attack rate by 7.75x — almost 8 fold! A virus that spreads 8 faster than SARS cannot be stopped by containment alone. A 99% quarantine lockdown containment of Wuhan will not even reduce the epidemic’s spread by even 1/3rd in the next 2 weeks."

Dubbel you are on it, you have even denoted the spread rate correctly, let's see how many people it will infect in 1 year.

Genetic Warfare Virus Infection equation, removal of the summation makes it just the virus infection equation.

N= eΣ(R0...Rn)Δt2

Δt(Days)

R0(Infections per day)

Nf(Final Number after interval in days)

e = ‭2.7182818284590452353602874713527‬

It will infect ‭1,376,143 people in 1 year if this rate of infection continues, with a death toll of 4% that makes the number ‭55,045 people will die. Definitely not up to Genetic Warfare Agents standards as I have designed viruses with a R0 higher than 3.8, however pretty virulent for a natural virus.

Let's see now two years with the current rate of infection.

We can now see a infections in the millions with the number being ‭‭5,504,575‬ and a death toll of still 4% being a number as ‭‭220,183 deaths due to viral infection. It's pretty nasty virus for a natural one makes you wonder if this isn't a Chinese Genetic Warfare Agent that they accidentally released.

I wanted to note that Chickenpox is far worse in the realm of infections per day with a R0 value of 11 being ‭3,983,574 infections in 1 year which is pretty close to accurate to real life before the chickenpox vaccine, the error on this equation is only ‭‭±0.4123%, It does not account for vaccines though.

"Chickenpox used to be very common in the United States. In the early 1990s, an average of 4 million people got varicella, 10,500 to 13,000 were hospitalized (range, 8,000 to 18,000), and 100 to 150 died each year. In the 1990s, the highest rate of varicella was reported in preschool-aged children." (https://www.cdc.gov/chickenpox/surveillance/monitoring-varicella.html)

So before the Chickenpox Vaccine this equation was accurate for Chickenpox calculations meaning it is accurate for this virus too.

r0-value-herd-immunity-7-638.jpg

Now for a Genetic Warfare Agent, Let's say SARS + HIV + Smallpox + Measles, which gives us a R0 value of 31 if it has all the viruses's glycoproteins in this Multi-valent Genetic Warfare Agent, we are looking at ‭11,226,435 Infected in 1 year and a death rate of 50% considering it is a smallpox chimera ‭making a death toll yearly of 5,613,217 people, so you can see the future is much more grim if Genetic Warfare ever happens, I always said these devices were worse than Thermonuclear bombs, now let's see the numbers of 10 years on such a theoretical genetic device. In 10 years such a genetic warfare agent would infect ‭1,122,643,599 people and kill ‭561,321,799 people or the blast yield of ‭187, 50 Megaton nuclear warheads or ‭9.35 Gigaton device, which is why genetic warfare never needs to happen. This theoretical disease being ‭8.15 times more infectious and ‭12.5‬ times more deadly than the current plague we are faced with in China.

bioterrorism-15-638.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil

a bit of history in 1918 WW1 was coming to end and less than 20 million were killed, at the same time the Spanish flu was spreading around the world killing 50 million people. The Spanish flu killed old and young.  The Corona virus seems to be at the moment only killing the weak so is not in the same league, if your healthy it might make you sick, but if you are old or with a weakened immune system, your chances of survival are a little reduced. https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

a bit of history in 1918 WW1 was coming to end and less than 20 million were killed, at the same time the Spanish flu was spreading around the world killing 50 million people. The Spanish flu killed old and young.  The Corona virus seems to be at the moment only killing the weak so is not in the same league, if your healthy it might make you sick, but if you are old or with a weakened immune system, your chances of survival are a little reduced. https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

I agree this new Corona Virus is pathetically weak, I wouldn't worry your little heads about it. The Governments of the world will have it cleaned up in no time well before the 1 year mark.

Edited by VictorMedvil

We are viewing the end of times, maybe this is what prophets had seen. The disasters are either man made, or a sign of the times... Possibly even both.

Don't worry about it, we would need these weapons in space anyways, The human species is stronger than its ever been right now in 2020, as we walk through the valley of the shadow of death fear no evil.