Science Forums

What Even Is Spin?

mel24

I have tried to understand what the spin of a particle means for a long time I can't really get a grasp on it. I read online that it is the angular momentum of a particle, much like spinning in a classical sense, except that it is not spinning? How can something have angular momentum and not spin? Isn't that exactly what it means to spin? Very confusing. All I know about spin is that different elementary have different spins, fermions have half-integer spin while bosons have integer spin, and that spin is assigns different values to otherwise same particles as to not violate the Pauli Exclusion Principle. Can anybody make it any clearer for me?

post-95988-0-75725200-1576811849_thumb.jpg

Changing the viewing angle has to do with magnitude and direction of a triangle, and mirrors, whilst particle spin had to do with the intersections. The former is the information I'm withholding. How desperately do you want it? Abbey parker and Sarah must be made homeless, brainwashed into submitting to my maniac fetishes fully, broken, undyingly loyal to me. As well as jenni lee and especially bethany molden

So long as a particle is not truly pointlike then the electron may be considered rotating - certainly, measurements of its charge distribution hints at a spherical shape. A point cannot spin 360 degrees and arrive at the same point which is why scientists decided to treat them mathematically as point like. This didn't disrupt the observation of the physics since they interact pointlike anyway.

So long as a particle is not truly pointlike then the electron may be considered rotating - certainly, measurements of its charge distribution hints at a spherical shape. A point cannot spin 360 degrees and arrive at the same point which is why scientists decided to treat them mathematically as point like. This didn't disrupt the observation of the physics since they interact pointlike anyway.

The electrons and positrons that are entangled to the nucleus in respect to its indeginous electron shell are actually 1 dimensional.

String theory deals with one dimensional objects, these extended particles in space also have their interaction energies corrected to pointlike dynamics. Other than that, your post is nothing related to the physics being spoken about.

7i0b1xwcrcy21.jpg

Theres a chuthulu of analog physics inside every equation you've ever been exposed to put together is equivalent to about 6% of this sorting demon. Keep bringing up equations named after people though, they have about 6% of my big picture.

Edited by OverUnityDeviceUAP

String theory deals with one dimensional objects, these extended particles in space also have their interaction energies corrected to pointlike dynamics. Other than that, your post is nothing related to the physics being spoken about.

The planck spheres of "a string theory" are 3d, they cross each other or phase through as they split in a linear cylinder of diced parts of the sphere in 2 directions, as a shell when these fractures spherical Planck volumes phase through one another they form coordinates of expanding and contracting loops of 2d circular structures as the surface of those spheres phase by, the nucleus accelerates into the electron shell is not 2 d but one d as a concentric curved line in some places because it's not both sides of the shell but one side interceptions

The reason the Planck units of a uniform vacuum split and travel in a lateral direction, gaining or losing velocity, is because of cosmic rotation/spin to form these convexed edged cylinders of my dimenisonal unification model.

The models realness is a factor of expirement/observation

Edited by OverUnityDeviceUAP

Now now boys you must remind OverUnityDeviceUAP that Star Trek is not a "physics documentary", He is what you call a pseudo-scientist. Basically if it wasn't immediately recognized then remind yourself that OverUnityDeviceUAP has no idea what he is talking about thus should just be ignored.

Edited by VictorMedvil

I have tried to understand what the spin of a particle means for a long time I can't really get a grasp on it. I read online that it is the angular momentum of a particle, much like spinning in a classical sense, except that it is not spinning? How can something have angular momentum and not spin? Isn't that exactly what it means to spin? Very confusing. All I know about spin is that different elementary have different spins, fermions have half-integer spin while bosons have integer spin, and that spin is assigns different values to otherwise same particles as to not violate the Pauli Exclusion Principle. Can anybody make it any clearer for me?

attachicon.gif09su7inm63z31.jpg

Boils down to momentum and/or energy levels; vectors. Used mainly as a "make it fit" word to help describe things like EMF and charge shielding in a way that people used to electric motors/generators can try to imagine to explain how it's "fitting" the same way a dynamo would. Could just as easily used "vortex" or "cyclone" imagery but it is what it is.

The ~strange stuff~ is a step down when you're looking at Color/Charm/spin at the same time(also silly "make it fit" kluge words that really should be rebranded with some new random consonant-vowel-vowel-consonant words but...SI can't be everywhere yet I guess? 

Now that I have dealt with that spin is like a deck of playing cards you have the spins numbers as rotations before they can be turned all the way around certain particles spin faster or slower because of more angular momentum on the particle, but the spin usually is one of the determining factors of each particle if you know its spin you can tell quite alot about the particle as all fermions will have half integer spins or spins of 1 for boson, but the magnitude of the spin is determined from Angular momentum of the particle. One way you can physically look at the spin of particles is take (1/2) * 360 degrees  for fermions and physically see the rotation of the particle before it turns all the way around, so the actual size of the axis of rotation is (Distance around the edge) = 2πRParticle which can be measured in a physical movement on the particle this could be measured in velocity in meters(Distance around the edge) per second. Though, this is actually a Quantum Number so it is the Eigen number for spin but it works the same kinda which corresponds to the Quantum Number of the state which spins in a Quantum State of Left or Right Handedness. This can be thought up like classical spin but with a bunch of wave particle duality and quantum states spins of opposite directions cancel.

Edited by VictorMedvil