Science Forums

Favorite finger food, bugs?!

alxian

'All' of the red meat in Canadian grocery stores (not speaking about specialty organic stores) are growth hormone induced, so much so that boys who consume a lot of the meat are growing breasts.

It hasn't been long enough to determine what effects it might have and we have 'no idea' what 'changes' growth hormones are making in the DNA structure of the animals so treated. And with increasing BSE, food sources are also suspect, altho I think it is a combination of the two.

Human beings are messing with nature again! Many countries are becoming primary 'meat' eaters, however, our bodies are protesting that diet, vegetables are more healthy, interspered with 'some' white meat or fish.

However, even a large diet of 'meat' that has 'not' been treated with additives, tho the diet will not kill you (assuming their food source is not contaminated), has also been linked to heart disease, unless of course a person excises regularly and then the adverse affects can be reversed.

I only have one point to make. How do you know that all meat sold in canada has hormones in it? Have you been to every providence? to every grocery store? There is no possible way you can, factually, make that statement. I lied I just thought of something... If boys were growing breast due to high hormone content in the meat, which you have no way of proveing is the cause, wouldnt the government get involved? I mean that is a health risk is it not? To have boy's growing breast? After awhile you wouldnt be able to tell guys from girls :evil: . I would probally try flirting witha girl, just to find out ITS A GUY!!!!!!! :hihi:

l2l

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altho Canadian studies are presently linking the obesity problem to 'junk food' and 'less physical exercise' (if it was this alone then U.S. kids would be suffering the same problems, but they're not), from what some friends of mine and myself have observed, we are concerned the problem is directly linked to growth hormones and steroids in red meat which is processed and sold all over Canada.

I hate to disagree with you, but we kids in the US love junk food!!!!! I used to eat junk food all the time!!! cake, icecream, chocolate, marshmellows, whoop cream, brownies muffins and the list goes on. I weight upwards of around 200lbs. Then I stoped eating junk food, and started eating healthy(veggies, beef, pork, fruit etc.). Now I weigh 138lbs.Many parents in america raise thier children to where if they dont want to eat thier veggies... they dont have to. This builds bad eating habbits (hints why a large percentage of americans are fat.)

Tormod for more info check out cowcalfcorner.okstate.edu or contact a professor at okstate.other sites

http://www.asas.org/

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu

of course it's a problem in the U.S. too. Here in the US, we have people called "lobbyists" who's job it is to make sure that we don't have government studies to look into the causes of obesity in children. They do this because they are paid by the companies who cause this obesity. Well, the obesity isn't caused by the companies really, it's called by parental neglect and poor self control, but these companies make their horribly fattening foods very hard to resist for kids and then they stick them in vending machines and in the lunch menus at schools.

• 3 weeks later...
Many of the people who are researching these things are independent 'small' magazines, it doesn't make their points any less credible. I presume you saw the paper about how Europe viewed the whole subject of growth hormones and steriods? Or maybe that wasn't good enough for you, I'll locate more 'legitimate' (in your estimation) information.

Okay - so here's another link on this subject altho I think sufficient evidence was produced already to validate my points. http://www.american.edu/TED/bst.htm

I thank you on spending the time to find me a more "credible" source here is what I found

Numerous scientific studies conducted by the US and the EU have proven that rbST has no life-threatening effects on humans or cattle. Consequently, hormonal injections will unlikely cause the extinction of humans or cattle in the near future.