Science Forums

Favorite finger food, bugs?!

alxian

Hey, I'd rather eat bugs

personaly i hate eating meat, although i do on occasion,

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, wouldn't bug flesh be considered meat? High protein muscular tissue held togeather by cartilage with blood flowing through a vascular system. I'd rather have a T-bone myself, medium rare if you please.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, wouldn't bug flesh be considered meat? High protein muscular tissue held togeather by cartilage with blood flowing through a vascular system. I'd rather have a T-bone myself, medium rare if you please.

Yes, it's meat, but bugs aren't cute and furry, so the vegans and other left-wing weirdos don't care about them.

Yes, it's meat, but bugs aren't cute and furry, so the vegans and other left-wing weirdos don't care about them.
OK that really makes a difference, I quess? If your ugly and have six or eight legs the politically correct will just write you off. But if your a cute little calf or as beautiful as a deer, better not touch................funny how people make their decisions based on appearance isn't it??

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, wouldn't bug flesh be considered meat?

I gave you the reasoning behind my dissapointment with eating meat, if you missed it, it would be:

simply because i need to eat something to survive, doesnt mean that i dont feel bad about cattle on antibiotics in small cages that never get to see the light of the day.

Yes i understand the difference between killing an murder, although i feel that murder is what we do to cows, not killing, killing is quick and painless, cows get hanged by their feet and then they have their throats slit a few times to get the blood out of their system while they are still alive. Pigs endure even more though, when they get thrown into a grill to burn off their hair before they get processed.

And as for a T-bone although i like prime rib more, I have no problems with eating one as long as its all natural and animals dont endure the abuse and live healthy and productive lives...

but bugs aren't cute and furry, so the vegans and other left-wing weirdos don't care about them.

your sarcasm inhales vigorously in an upward and outward motion somewhat convulsively. when have you seen a cute and hairy cow last? Plus as i have said i am not vegan, nor will i become one in the near future (financial situation). None of my vegan and vegetarian friends will want to eat bug meat, its still meat, and its still animal lives, still against everything they beleive in.

your sarcasm inhales vigorously in an upward and outward motion somewhat convulsively. when have you seen a cute and hairy cow last? Plus as i have said i am not vegan, nor will i become one in the near future (financial situation). None of my vegan and vegetarian friends will want to eat bug meat, its still meat, and its still animal lives, still against everything they beleive in.

Yes, I was joking really, but still cows are cute, and they have fur. I wonder how many vegans who are so against killing animals for food would gladly hire an exterminator when they have a termite infestation in their house though.... :evil:

I gave you the reasoning behind my dissapointment with eating meat, if you missed it, it would be:

Peace alexander, I was just having a little fun with you. I certainly didn't mean to sell you short on your comments. I must agree with you about becomming a vegatarian, if I didn't love the taste of a good steak so much I would try the vegie thing out my self. Mostly because of the health benefits this life style provides. In any case, sorry if my words offended you in any way, OK friend??

OK that really makes a difference, I quess? If your ugly and have six or eight legs the politically correct will just write you off. But if your a cute little calf or as beautiful as a deer, better not touch................funny how people make their decisions based on appearance isn't it??

i was basing my decision on the ethics of murdering animals. while yes culling bugs is also wrong, IMO its less wrong.

also very few of the potential bug species we could use for food are endangered species. this can't be said for our feed animals either but asside from the ones we keep captive many species are endangered if not officially simply because people don't care about them. we don't eat them (yet) so why should we care to preserve their habitats?

at least in the case of the bugs they can adapt to survive virtually anywhere (much as we do), feeding on them would be easier than on higher order mammals and certainly more ethical, yeilds would be far higher... etc etc etc.

by the responses only our i-ain't-eating-no damn bugs because its icky keeps them off the menu. should an industry take the plunge and convert over to bugs (like gas companies switching to ethanol or hydrogen) people would have the choice of a new healthier potentially cheaper food source.

:eek2: The animals at that time didn't have growth hormones (and other stuff) pumped into their systems, as is well known with a lot of todays beef. But the FDA doesn't consider these kinds of 'additives' harmful.

http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/search/search.cfm

I can see your point. Yes, their is alot of growth hormones injected into some of todays cattle. But, these hormones are not known to cause any types of cancers or diseases.

Meat is ok in decently small amounts over decently long periods of time. People that go on meat diet every day are the ones that get hurt, because they arent very smart.

I dont understand people that go on an all meat diet, they say, well cave men used to eat meat all the time and stayed thin, so i should too, well here is a news flash, cave men used to eat meat all the time, that is true, but before eating they needed to chaise their meat for 2-3 days before capturing it, there's some food for thought :lol: ...