Science Forums

I Challenge You

Wizdumb

"Wanting" is more a function of evolution. Assume that there are two groups of rabbits, one who 'wants' to survive, by eating, drinking, keeping themselves safe, etc. And another who doesn't 'want' at all. Which one is going to survive and breed? Only the ones who 'want'. Thus, wanting will, by necessity, be bred into all future generations, and not wanting will be eliminated.

How can we explain this :

CO2+H20+N2+lightning electric -> amino acids-->RNA/DNA-like-->virus-like--> a life ???

Is it function of evolution mechanism or is it something 'wanting' to drive evolution function then life exist ?

I hope someday we may explain that 'fabric of DNA' is only manufacturing plant, we may discover 'master-print', not only blue-print.

Our biology is based on electrochemistry (which is in turn based on physics). Our "wants" are based upon the "wants" of the molecules to form more stable patterns. There simply is no translation, just magnification.
That is one world view: a strongly materialistic and atheistic stance. There are alternate views that posit a qualitative difference between life and non-life; and between consciousness and non-consciousness. In these alternate views it is not simply magnification. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

This thread's first post I think warrants it's inclusion in the Strange Claims Forum.... Anyone disagree?
I disagree.

It’s an argument for the existence of God. What better for “theology and religion?”

It’s strange, but so are most arguments for or against the existence of God.

One could arguable classify all theology and religion as “strange claims”, but that would be, well, … disrespectful.

• 3 years later...

Time and Space. Time and space exist, and this is a universal truth which exists separate from any desire to want. In fact, "truth" itself is a universal, which exists outside of "want". For example, it is true that your theory is completely wrong and that I have beaten your challenge. It s not important that I want it to be so, it just is.

:shrug:

• 9 years later...

I've come up with a rationale which provides evidence in support of God's existence. I challenge you to disprove it.

The rationale is that want is the source of all things, including: needs, accidents, and random occurences. Because want is the source of all things, (what we might call) God must exist or have existed at one time.

Let me give you a few examples of how want is the source of things.

Accident: You go out digging for water, and you strike oil instead. You didn't want to find oil, but if you did not want to find water, you never would have found oil.

Need: If you want to survive, you need water, food, oxygen, etc.

Random Occurence: You want to go for a walk, cause it's a nice day. As you're walking down the street, a bird uses the bathroom on your head. If you did not want to walk down the street, you never would have gotten bird excrement on your head. Likewise, if the bird did not want to survive, it never would have eaten whatever it was that's waste product is now on your head.

A few things you have to understand. There are different kinds of wants. Wants of the mind, and wants of the body. You could also argue there are wants of the soul or emotional wants. When your body wants to eat, you get hungry. If your mind says no, sometimes it overpowers your body. Also, when two wants conflict, like in the case of rape, the more powerful want, or more powerful will, prevails.

If everything comes from want, it means our universe, and life as we know it, comes from want. It also means existence itself comes from want. As we all know, wants require living creatures (rocks do not have wants). Which means, if all things do come from want, (what we might call) God is responsible for us being here and, of course, exists or existed at one time.

So, I challenge you to prove there is even one thing in existence which does not come from want.

yeah, why don't you shut your ****ing mouth, ****!

LOL! One ridiculous fairy tale doesn't need another one.

That's why the Big Bang was invented:

The Tuesday-Friday conference honoring Monsignor George Lemaitre is being held at the Vatican Observatory, founded by Pope Leo XIII in 1891 to help correct the notion that the Roman Catholic Church was hostile to science. The perception has persisted in some circles since Galileo’s heresy trial 400 years ago, even though the observatory and Catholic universities around the globe have produced top-notch science over the centuries.

The Original Illuminati [who began as a 12,000 year-old Mesopotamian Nobility homo sapiens who killed their Neo Sapien Overlords (The Titans, The Norse Gods, The Egyptian Gods, The Nephillim, but most accurately known as the Mesopotamian Pantheon)] who killed their Masters and kept some for breeding superior homo sapien - neo sapien hybrids (the Jews/now the Irish) started researching the Big Bang with Thales of Miletus & 800 years ago as the Roman Catholics, the Satanist Sexual Sadist Illuminati:

d9shXHW.png you're either a goat [sexual sadist satanist] or a sheep [sexual masochist / Christian Moral]

Came up with the Secret Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything which they graphed using Calligraphy Monks Ink on Graphing Paper & included in The Codex aka The Devil's Bible.

ksRE879.jpg

Edited by Super Polymath

That's why the Big Bang was invented:

The Tuesday-Friday conference honoring Monsignor George Lemaitre is being held at the Vatican Observatory, founded by Pope Leo XIII in 1891 to help correct the notion that the Roman Catholic Church was hostile to science. The perception has persisted in some circles since Galileo’s heresy trial 400 years ago, even though the observatory and Catholic universities around the globe have produced top-notch science over the centuries.

The Original Illuminati [who began as a 12,000 year-old Mesopotamian Nobility homo sapiens who killed their Neo Sapien Overlords (The Titans, The Norse Gods, The Egyptian Gods, The Nephillim, but most accurately known as the Mesopotamian Pantheon)] who killed their Masters and kept some for breeding superior homo sapien - neo sapien hybrids (the Jews/now the Irish) started researching the Big Bang with Thales of Miletus & 800 years ago as the Roman Catholics, the Satanist Sexual Sadist Illuminati:

d9shXHW.png you're either a goat [sexual sadist satanist] or a sheep [sexual masochist / Christian Moral]

Came up with the Secret Grand Unified Field Theory of Everything which they graphed using Calligraphy Monks Ink on Graphing Paper & included in The Codex aka The Devil's Bible.

ksRE879.jpg

You're off you meds again aren't you? :) What did I tell you about that?

That it's beneficial and necessary actually for our continued survival as a species to evolve? 

I think it was more along the lines of: Most people who are taking prescribed medication shouldn't be but you should.

It's important to keep an open mind but you're making out there statements as if they were facts. Your bullshit detector appears to be malfunctioning, basically the definition of a crazy person. You're by no means alone in deficiency and you're in good company on this site but at least they've got the excuse of having fallen for the argument from authority, what's yours? Take your meds.

I think it was more along the lines of: Most people who are taking prescribed medication shouldn't be but you should.

It's important to keep an open mind but you're making out there statements as if they were facts. Your bullshit detector appears to be malfunctioning, basically the definition of a crazy person. You're by no means alone in deficiency and you're in good company on this site but at least they've got the excuse of having fallen for the argument from authority, what's yours? Take your meds.

Good God you're jealous. 

Oh now I get it.

I was cutoff from the borg collective to pool from for the first 25 years of my life. If I wish to return to my mortal form, it won't be for another 25 years. Life is a game of give and take. I hope you learn how to stick to the man one day. My role was receiver, now I become the feeder.