Science Forums

Relativity And Simple Algebra

ralfcis

I've stated this contradiction many times but relativists, just like any crank, redact it from consideration because this question is outside their recited scripts.

That's because they don't have an answer and because they ignore the findings of H-K.

H-K found that time dilation correlates with absolute motion, NOT relative motion.

Which is just another way of saying that they found SR to be wrong.

Edited by Moronium

It's because your 1st answer isn't right.B's third party perspective of two people's relative velocity is not the same as his perspective between Alice and then his separate perspective to the earth because the relativistic velocity combo equation does not apply to third party perspectives only to parties directly involved in relative velocity with each other. It's like saying you can take a laser pointer from earth and swipe it quickly across the surface of the moon and declare the light spot moved way faster than light speed across the surface.

PS. as to your next post, that's your answer to the HK not theirs. If you don't understand relative velocity, which you don't, how do you hope to understand the HK?

PPS I guess I just answered my own question about the HK. The time dilation result  for relative velocity is not a 3rd party perspective, it's actually subject to the relativistic velocity combo law. I was comparing apples to iguanas also called apples just like Moronium always does. Relative velocity from a 3rd party perspective is not the same thing as 2 party relative velocity from a perspective of the parties involved. Thanks Moronium for accidentally triggering me to answer my own question.

Edited by ralfcis

PS. as to your next post, that's your answer to the HK not theirs. If you don't understand relative velocity, which you don't, how do you hope to understand the HK?

No, that was H & K's answer.  If you understood the concepts, and if you knew how to read their paper, then you would know that.  

See my posts 785-789 here.

http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/34895-personal-topic/page-47  

You have already demonstrated that YOU don't understand the difference between absolute and relative velocity, even after I took the time to explain it to you.

You're hopeless, Ralf.

Edited by Moronium

Once again:

1. I asked you what B perceived the relative speed between himself and E to be.  You said .8 (your first answer)

2. I asked you what B perceived the relative speed himself and A to be.  You said .97 (your first answer)

3.  That only leaves .17 between A and E.

4. But then I asked you what B saw the difference between A and E to be.  You said .8

5.  .8 is NOT .17

It's simple arithmetic

Edited by Moronium

Simple, yes, very simple. That's exactly what I think. Did you punch those numbers into the calculator all by yourself. I'm not going to repeat again and again why that's not the right answer because you can't understand why. Your dials are turned to 11 which is more than 10; that's also simple arithmetic.

I'm not going to repeat again and again why that's not the right answer 

What's not the right answer?  .8c or .17c?  You have effectively given both answers.

What you've said, so far, is that B sees his speed relative to E to be .8c AND he also sees the speed between A and E to be .8c.

Newsflash:  .8 and .8 is 1.6

Yet you say that B sees the difference between himself and A to be .97c (first answer).

So you only left .17 between A and E in your first answer.  (.97c - .8c = .17c), so why is it now suddenly .8c?

Edited by Moronium

OK now you're just outright lying. Never did I say or imply the number .17c. 

You didn't explicitly say it, but, if you understood math, you would know you implied it (mathematically).

It's kinda like this.  You tell me that you had $80 but spent $63

So I say:  "So you only have $17 lett, eh?

You:  NO!!!!   I didn't say I only had $17 left.  As a matter of fact I still  have $80 left.

Put another way, you're saying: "I had $97, so I gave $80 to Jack and $80 to John."  Don't quite add up, know what I'm sayin?

Edited by Moronium