Science Forums

HIV dead at the "hands" of Croc Blood?

IrishEyes

THE ORIGINS OF AIDS

Startling in its thesis, compelling in its argument and chilling in its measured presentation, this award-winning documentary by Peter Chappell and Catherine Peix delves into the possible origins of AIDS in the jungles of Zaire (formerly the Belgian Congo). Investigating a theory detailed in journalist Edward Hooper's controversial book The River, THE ORIGINS OF AIDS looks into the possibility that the deadliest disease known to mankind came as a result of a risky, mass inoculation of an experimental polio vaccine during the late 1950s.

Anyway, back the scientific part of this thread. They have similarly searched shark cartillage for cures to cancer because of some immunity. Not sure that they have found anything and they've been looking for a long time.

This Shark Cartillage "Speculation" has only led to the mass Depopulation of wild Sharks!

There is no Basis for the claims. :)

The same goes for Tiger parts believed to be Aphrodisiac and such, has only led to faster decimation of an Extremely Beautiful and Sacred Animal.:eek: :) ;)

I have heard from reliable, (albeit a speculative claim that has probably been mentioned already) That AIDS was manufactured by Gov't to reduce Global Human Populations.

A disease/Virus that kills through Procreation??

___I watched some TV programming last night on viruses, AIDS among them. It seems there is a small group of Black prostitutes in Africa who have a natural immunity. They have them under intense scrutiny in an effort to find a cure. As I recall, their killer T cells can kill the virus unlike most people wherein the HIV virus attacks & kills the killer T cells.

Very interesting work chemically as well as socially; the prostitutes now have an air of importance & respect they previously lacked. :shrug:

Yes, one of the things I've been meaning to look into but never did.

I think it is interesting that a croc has an ability to defend against HIV.

Perhaps some primitive feature left over from the dinosaur age for reptillian specie.

I've always thought of viruses as alien; not natural to this world.

The physical assimilation of a virus is quite rigid and straightforward.

I'm grateful that my personal pessimism will not hinder these searches, but I've got a feeling that if we'd been staring an obvious cure for HIV in the face for this long, it'd blow up all over media as soon as news got out that it had promise.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

John