Science Forums

Could You Advise Me A Program To Create Figures?

inverse

dear rest of forum.

I request from experienced scientists (especially who have published articles at good journals (e.g.:springer ,nature and some elsevier journals)

to advise me any program (to learn it) ,I expect or look for the specifications given below

*** easy program to learn

*** a program which might provide creating 3D figures too

*** if the program is useful both oh windovs and linux it would be good.

*** if the program provide to set figure legends and resolution it would be very good

many thanks

Edited by inverse

ow sanctus :) thank you for your advice.:) matlab is a bit hard as far as I know and python is already a program itself (maybe also hard) (not actually for graph ,diagrams and other figures only),(I am looking for something for only figures (diagrams ,graphs and to set resolution) 

R programming is good but does not allow for 3D figures. the figure you had drawn is very well but how many lines have you used to draw it (if it is more than 15 lines command then I don't think that it is as easy as expected.)?

Edited by inverse

also,I know that you should use no lower than i3 cpu computer in order to take good performance when you  use matlab (it is hard program )

and I would express that your graph seem very lovely. I wish I also do these professionally one day.

Edited by inverse

Once you have the data it still is waaay more than 15 lines, but see it this way: there is no free lunch. Either you want nice plots and hence it is a bit tricky at the beginning or you happy with crappier plots then it is easier.

But as said I am no guru in plotting. So there might be way better programs if plotting is the only thing you need.

And I said use matplotlib in python, not matlab. Python is anyway worth to learn and pisses you off a bit less than R ;-)

Once you have the data it still is waaay more than 15 lines, but see it this way: there is no free lunch. Either you want nice plots and hence it is a bit tricky at the beginning or you happy with crappier plots then it is easier.

you lovely! :) :)

sure!

this is correct, but we heard that matlab was very hard to dominate it.

But as said I am no guru in plotting. So there might be way better programs if plotting is the only thing you need.

And I said use matplotlib in python, not matlab. Python is anyway worth to learn and pisses you off a bit less than R ;-)

but should not once we learn python before learning matplotlib?

Edited by inverse

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...