Science Forums

Do FlatLiners Exist?

Kizzi

Would you be willing to be flatlined?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to be flatlined?

• Yes
    • No

Now why on earth would this thread pitch up in my 'suscribed threads' list, as having been posted to yesterday? The last post here was done by me, in November!:hihi:

I started to post on it yesterday, but then never submitted the post?

Maybe that initiated your subscription notification? :lol:

I was going to comment that I didn’t see any Bioethical issues with the index card project, then thought better of the post since this was an old topic and my comment was off topic.

Now why on earth would this thread pitch up in my 'suscribed threads' list, as having been posted to yesterday? The last post here was done by me, in November!:hihi:

As soon as someone places a new vote, it comes back to the top... of your subscribed threads and the recent threads list, even if no actual post was made. Hopefully, an administrator will correct me if I'm wrong... that's how I've pieced together my understanding of the way it works.

As soon as someone places a new vote, it comes back to the top... of your subscribed threads and the recent threads list, even if no actual post was made. Hopefully, an administrator will correct me if I'm wrong... that's how I've pieced together my understanding of the way it works.

That would have been ME. :hihi: :lol:

___Here in the US there is a frightening number of children 'playing the choking game';... :)

Apparantly the auto-erotic version of this goes back a long, long time.

In the 1970's (anybody here remember the Twentieth Century??) :)

there was a dude in his 20's publishing a number of cartoon strips and comics. His most successful character was Cheech Wizard, who consisted of a pair of legs in tights topped by a very large pointed hat with a couple of eye holes. The humor was hyper sarcastic, politically incorrect, and often sexually over the line. His graphical "novels" usually depicted a war-shattered, depressing, dystopian future. Like "Deadbone". The artist (whose name I forget) published one comic that was autobiographical and he claimed to be gay/bi/omni/pan-sexual. Gosh, he must have had a LOT of free time on his hands.

He died of accidental asphyx from using a knotted cord in his closet. Only the slip-knot didn't slip. That was near 30 years ago! He actually was a great artist. You might say he took his "life" in his hands, and lost it. :cup:

Apparantly the auto-erotic version of this goes back a long, long time.

In the 1970's (anybody here remember the Twentieth Century??) :)

there was a dude in his 20's publishing a number of cartoon strips and comics. His most successful character was Cheech Wizard

Vaughn Bode wrote and drew Cheech Wizard. He lived and died as Pyro describes.

1st century BC Romans wrote that the Gauls (Europeans) practiced a kind of erotic asphyxiation as part of a religious/magical ritual (though with partners and audiences, so the risk of accidental death was nearly nil). One gets the impression that they’de been doing this for a long time.

It’s hard to imagine that it took mankind, or even proto-mankind, very long to figure out that choking could accentuate sexual pleasure. It’s likely been with us a long, long time.

Have any naturalists out there observed or read of this behavior in a non-human species? Non primate?:cup:

I'm no naturalist, but don't you think this would be an advantageous adaptation if you were a skunk? :)

Darwin would have been PROUD of you!!! :) :cup: :(

Speaking of which, I think it is ironic that you could get yourself a Darwin Award by playing this "game". You remove yourself from the gene pool by having SEX!! How totally appropriate. :( :( :D

Darwin would have been PROUD of you!!! :cup: :) :singer:

Speaking of which, I think it is ironic that you could get yourself a Darwin Award by playing this "game". You remove yourself from the gene pool by having SEX!! How totally appropriate. :) :D :D

Wouldn't that depend more on which came first, the suffocation or the ejaculation? If one managed to ejaculate first then we can have a whole new generation of asphyxers (asphyxiaters??) then heading our way... :(

Wouldn't that depend more on which came first, the suffocation or the ejaculation? If one managed to ejaculate first then we can have a whole new generation of asphyxers (asphyxiaters??) then heading our way... :singer:

Well, I was talking about the "solo" game: masturasphyxibation.

:cup:

Who would be dumb enough to play the "receiving" partner in this game??

Well, I was talking about the "solo" game: masturasphyxibation.

It's called "autoerotic asphyxiation" fyi..

Who would be dumb enough to play the "receiving" partner in this game??

Well, I actually dated a girl about a year ago who was pretty into it... she was as crazy as a loon though (not sure if that had something to do with it or not, just pointing that out) :singer:

Some people like a gentle massage, others like to be whipped with chains... whatdya gonna do?

Well, I actually dated a girl about a year ago who was pretty into it...

yeah, i've actually come to find this behavior in a recent target of my affection.

very strange, but very interesting.

Have any naturalists out there observed or read of this behavior in a non-human species? Non primate?

that's a great question, can anybody answer this???

• 14 years later...
On 11/2/2005 at 8:33 PM, CraigD said:

Despite everybody’s agreement to keep our experiment a secret, after a few weeks, word made its way to the hospital’s ethicist, putting a sudden and legally scary end to it. Fortunately, the worst anyone got was a stern private talking-to and a collection of ominous threats, one of them specifically admonishing me never to speak or publish anything about the whole affair, even after anonomyzing the specifics, which is exactly what I’m doing here.

Thus ended my first and only try for the Randi Foundation’s $1,000,000.

Hello.

Why "fortunately"? Unfortunately, it is rare, but one "dead" witness (numbers from a screen etc.) in a million test subjects is hard evidence. Read Pim van Lommel's research. It doesn't take near-death evidence to prove the afterlife.

Here historical replicable experiments:

Electronic Voice Phenomenon / ITC:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.vtf.de/p73_1.shtml

Ouija by STEM Professor Kruse:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.bpv.ch/blog/ouija-von-prof-dr-eckhard-kruse/

James Randi was a fraud. His insurance company terminated him because they feared someone would win. Randi also changed his terms after someone fulfilled them. 
For example, if he 1:300 had asked, it increased to 1:3000 if someone passed.

Randi did not have any academic qualifications.
Even 1:2 would be scientifically an absolute proof. 1:300 is arbitrarily high.

Here is a short 3,5min video about Randi:

* Evidence of the reality of Uri Geller's (arch victim of Randi) skills:
Formerly classified CIA released documents related to CIA-commissioned experiments at elite Stanford University:
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00787R000700110003-2.pdf
Video of the experiments by Stanford University, and a video with Dr. Friedbert Karger from MPI Garching:

There is an attempt for short "NDE". At the Technical University of Aachen, people stood with their backs to a mat. They sit on the floor and hyperventilate. Then they get up very quickly and briefly lose consciousness. They have a brief out-of-body experience.

I would like to have one or more near-death experiences. There have been reports that near-death experiences can "unlock" PSI skills. In the famous "Project Stargate" (around 17 years old, every year successes had to justify the continuation) there was the well-known "PSI Agent 001", Joseph McMoneagle. He stated, that his remote viewing skills only appeared after a near-death experience. His famous book is called "Mind Trek". This topic is also covered in the Flatliners remake. Students want an NDE because they hope for mental improvements.

Search for "RV-Tournament" in the App Store. Why should there be an app that distributes cash prizes for remote viewing when it was nonsense? No, there is no advertising in the app. Why this competition? There are companies that offer clairvoyance for businesses, etc. That's no joke. Serious companies like banks etc. let remote viewers predict the future. Remote viewing is known for looking into the present. E.g. McMoneagle saw the construction of the Kursk submarine when US engineers thought it was impossible to build a submarine of this size. A remote viewer saw that a hostage from the US embassy in Iran (444 days hostage situation) is being released because he is sick. But it is also possible to look into the past and the future.
This app exists because these companies are looking for talented people and want to use them as freelance remote viewers.

Scientific experiments should be carried out. Thousands of healthy subjects receive an NDE. The testimony of the Thanatonauts is collected. Screens are hung from the ceiling, the words of which have to be repeated. Objects or large Zener cards etc. are set up in the adjoining room. Morally / ethically NOTHING speaks against it. Space research is also risky. The value of this research is no less than that of space research.

@ Lemon
You are making a mistake in reasoning. 
I am 100% atheist, 0% esoteric, but I am convinced of the afterlife based on scientific facts. An afterlife doesn't need a god! The hereafter is the quantum physically real continuation of human consciousness in contact with others. The famous Nobel Prize winner Sir Professor Dr. Roger Penrose assumes that human consciousness arises quantum physically and remains after death:
https://www.quantumconsciousness.org
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind

* Over 50 years of research, and thousands of case studies at the University of Virginia on the reality of reincarnation:
https://at.virginia.edu/2nlrqWq
Possibly the best case (next to "Shanti Devi"):
https://at.virginia.edu/2lHExAK (Elsevier-Paper)
The book by Professor Dr. Ian Stevenson is called "Biology & Reincarnation". This book has already convinced tough skeptics.

Many of the children between the ages of 2-5 said that they chose their parents themselves. You have the opportunity to watch the living and choose a new mother! You can choose highly intelligent, highly educated academics or wealthy parents. However, you have to be the first to reach them in the short window of the possibility of occupying the child.

@ Boerseun
I think it is very possible that the father had a real out-of-body experience. Find the research of Pim van Lommel. There are people who reported things that they could not have dreamed. A brain-dead woman reported statements made by the doctors in the operating room. A woman floated home and saw that her husband was keeping the children up late and was able to return details. Etc..

Here is another replicable evidence for the paranormal phenomenon of micropsychkinesis:

Try the automatic translation from French to English. That doesn't prove the afterlife, but it does prove the reality of paranormal phenomena. This may make it easier to accept the facts of the research on reincarnation and the electronic voice phenomenon.

Edited by TobiasClaren