Science Forums

Questions for Evolutionists

Hawkens

All you have been able to do, Clay, is try to avoid the questions by hitting me with your own.

What questions? I have only asked for proof that creation is the only answer.

I personally believe the universe, matter and energy are infinite and have existed for eternity. I accept the possibility that some local event happened in the universe that people refer to as the big bang. I have no idea where life came from and neither does anyone else, anywhere. For all I know life has existed for eternity and it got carried to our solar system by some cosmic carrier from some distant galaxy. Many of your questions don't even have factual answers, only hypotheses. Many are questions that science is trying to find answers for. I don't have answers for all of your questions but what you don't realize is that it doesn't matter. My answers to your questions would not support your conclusions about creation and it would do nothing to change my belief about the infinite, eternal universe.

What questions? I have only asked for proof that creation is the only answer.

I personally believe the universe, matter and energy are infinite and have existed for eternity. I accept the possibility that some local event happened in the universe that people refer to as the big bang. I have no idea where life came from and neither does anyone else, anywhere. For all I know life has existed for eternity and it got carried to our solar system by some cosmic carrier from some distant galaxy. Many of your questions don't even have factual answers, only hypotheses. Many are questions that science is trying to find answers for. I don't have answers for all of your questions but what you don't realize is that it doesn't matter. My answers to your questions would not support your conclusions about creation and it would do nothing to change my belief about the infinite, eternal universe.

Very thoughtful and fair response C1ay, I don't believe anyone could have said it any better. ELEGANT!!

Well I guess these questions were not ment for you, C1ay.

What I was after was to get some input from those who believe in macroevolution enough to accept it as fact which is what I don't see. My reasoning was not to prove Creation is the right way but to disprove macroevolution as anything other than a belief. This is because it was drilled into my head all through school and now, I'm left asking myself how much is true or untrue. I actually feel lied to by the media about macroevolution. Why were not other theories taught? Why should I buy into macroevolution?

By me saying that Creation was the only option I ment though my own perspective. ;) So I'm sorry for not being clear on that. I aslo liked your last reply.

I guess we need a quick over veiw of the entire science field.... There will be a quiz later..

1. Where did the space for the universe come from?

Intial sigularity formed by the collapse of the previous universe. Oscilating universe Theory.

2. Where did matter come from?

Coalescence of subatomic particles mixed with heat and pressure formed hydrogen. The continued addition of particles, heat and pressure allowed other elements to form.

3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)?

They just are. It did not take Newton for gravity to take effect.

4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?

It is not. Matter and energy are not distributed accross the universe in an organized manner.

5. Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing?

see #4

6. When, where, why, and how did life come from non-living matter?

Life first appeared about 3.5 billion years ago. It is believed that one of the earliest forms were stromalites in shallow seas. The exact process of abiogenesis is still debated, but there are a few promising theories.

7. When, where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?

Under the Ionic Clay model, organic compounds were replicating prior to life.

8. With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?

There was not a sudden shift to only sexual reproduction. Many "lower" lifeforms can reproduce both sexually and asexually. The first were probably bacteria theat exchanged genetic information (which some still do) prior to mitosis.

9. Why would any plant or animal want to reproduce more of its kind since this would only make more mouths to feed and decrease the chances of survival? (Does the individual have a drive to surviv e, or the species? How do you explain this?)

This almost a philosophical question, and there are a few views. Organisms have a huge drive to reprduce. Via natural selection, the organisms that could produce the most viable ofspring that could reproduce survived. Those that didn't went extinct. Other ideas suggest that the driving mechanism is DNA itself, and and organisms and life are a by-product to facilitate DNA replication.

10. How can mutations (recombining of the genetic code) create any new, improved varieties? (Recombining English letters will never produce Chinese books.)

Because you are using a diferent alphabet. DNA only uses 4 nucleotides, and all life uses the same four. Using only those letters you can still produce a massive array of combinations.

11. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common Creator instead of a common ancestor?

I suppose in some isolated instances it could feasably be construed as such, but when the whole picture is examined many similarities are vestigal, and many others that have similar function should have similar design under such a umbrella, and they do not.

12. Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends only to keep a species stable. How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occ urred if evolution were true?

Through replication and division whole strands of DNA may be transferred when the become intertwined durring anaphase.

13. When, where, why, and how did:

a. Single-celled plants become multi-celled? (Where are the two and three-celled intermediates?)

Algae.

b. Single-celled animals evolve?

About 3.5 billion y.a. More effecient and collecting organic compounds to replicate

c. Fish change to amphibians?

Rhipidistians and Ichthyostega started to venture onto land with modified fins originally used for locomotion is swampy areas. Most good fossils are found in Greenland if I recall.

d. Amphibians change to reptiles?

Labrynthodonts,about 200 mya

e. Reptiles change to birds? (The lungs, bones, eyes, reproductive organs, heart, method of locomotion, body covering, etc., are all very different!)

Reptiles did not chane into birds, the saurians did. Archeoptyrix

f. How did the intermediate forms live?

Some split, some stayed, some died.

14. When, where, why, how, and from what did:

a. Whales evolve?

Anout 50 mya from sinonyx, and there are intemediary fossils.

b. Sea horses evolve?

aprox 25 mya. Indo pacific. From pipefish (Sygnathidae sp.)

c. Bats evolve?

aprox 50 mya from shrews and moles, genetic analysis has found a single gene responsable for the wing formation in bats..

d. Eyes evolve?

All over the place in many forms.

e. Ears evolve?

The move from fish to amphibian. The loss of fish lateral line moved nerves to other areas and developed primitive "hearing".

f. Hair, skin, feathers, scales, nails, claws, etc., evolve?

Aside from skin they are all keratin and closely related.

15. Which evolved first (how, and how long; did it work without the others)?

a. The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find and eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body’s resistance to its own digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)? Extrapolation of basic cellular function, re nucleus , mitochondria, and lysosomes.

b. The drive to reproduce or the ability to reproduce?

Already discussed.

c. The lungs, the mucus lining to protect them, the throat, or the perfect mixture of gases to be breathed into the lungs?

O2 breathing organisms evolved after massive amounts of oxygen were added to the system from photosynthesis. Aerobic respiration is about 10x's more effecient.

d. DNA or RNA to carry the DNA message to cell parts?

Dna never leaves the nuceus. RNA goes to the ribosomes that produce protiens that control cell function..

e. The termite or the flagella in its intestines that actually digest the cellulose?

Symbiosis. A good idea since eukaryotes.

f. The plants or the insects that live on and pollinate the plants?

Another example of symbiotic behavior.

g. The bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or muscles to move the bones?

h. The nervous system, repair system, or hormone system?

i. The immune system or the need for it?

There are complete degrees on each of these subjects, and they can be disacussed in specific detail in an apropriate thread. No short answers for these.

16. There are many thousands of examples of symbiosis that defy an evolutionary explanation. Why must we teach students that evolution is the only explanation for these relationships?

Like what? You say there are examples, what are they?

17. How would evolution explain mimicry? Did the plants and animals develop mimicry by chance, by their intelligent choice, or by design?

Neither. Natural selection.

18. When, where, why, and how did man evolve feelings? Love, mercy, guilt, etc. would never evolve in the theory of evolution.

Quite easily, to describe and drive certain basic biological urges and needs. Love helps develop a stronger family and a stronger family can raise more viable individuals. etc, etc.

19. How did photosynthesis evolve?

aprox 3.5 bya. A shemical reaction was harnessed biologically.

20. How did thought evolve?

Discussion as to the exact nature of thought makes it dificult to describe how ot came about. But it seems reasonable to allow that it is part of a reasoning brain.

21. How did flowering plants evolve, and from that?

Not sure what you are asking.. Sexual reproduction in plants can change and adapt. As well as the organisms and processes that are used for germination.

22. What kind of evolutionist are you? Why are you not one of the other eight or ten kinds?

A pointless and unintelligable question. What are you talking about?

23. What would you have said fifty years ago if I told you I had a living coelacanth in my aquarium?

"Can I see it?" They were re-discovered in '38.

24. Is ther one clear prediction of macroevolution that has proved true?

WE have really only been looking at this concept for a little over a 100 years. Speciation that you are asking for living evidence of occurs much slower than that. Some decent indicators though are viral mutations.

25. What is so scientific about the idea of hydrogen as becoming human?

Because it follows the scientific method and does not invoke a boogieman to fill in the areas that are still being understood.

26. Do you honestly believe that everything came from nothing?

Yep.

What I was after was to get some input from those who believe in macroevolution enough to accept it as fact...

If you find any such people be sure to take their answers with a grain of salt. Evolution is a theory, not a fact.

My reasoning was not to prove Creation is the right way but to disprove macroevolution as anything other than a belief.

I think you started with a poor approach then. Don't make claims like "creation is the only answer" and try to prove things by proving them, not disproving others. Disproof is rarely a proof of anything.

This is because it was drilled into my head all through school and now...

Sorry to hear that. Just accept that evolution is a theory. It may or may not answer some questions man has about our existence or the existence of life around us. Keep an open mind and accept that there may be possibilities we haven't even imagined yet. Don't accept anything as fact unless you can verify or prove it yourself.

Well I guess these questions were not ment for you, C1ay....By me saying that Creation was the only option I ment though my own perspective. ;) So I'm sorry for not being clear on that.

Understood. No, your questions are not for me. In my opinion many of those questions will remain unanswered for eons to come.

I guess we need a quick over veiw of the entire science field.... There will be a quiz later..

;)

I think I'll spare you the other questions since you did answer all of these. Whether I agree with them or not, I will not dispute hear but it does give me some things to look at which is what I was after.

Thank you for taking the time to answer them and C1ay for setting me straight.

No, you do have to back up your claims though. Science does not use mythology to explain what it doesn't understand, it forms hypotheses and seeks to find the answers.

ROTFLMAO ;)

Corollary 1 to your statement:

"Science does not use mythology to explain what it can't explain, it forms more hypotheses and seeks to persuade others that physical and experimental proof are not really necessary."

ROTFLMAO ;)

Corollary 1 to your statement:

"Science does not use mythology to explain what it can't explain, it forms more hypotheses and seeks to persuade others that physical and experimental proof are not really necessary."

Do you make such blanket, stereotypical claims about all groups?

Until proven it is still a theory. That is the scientific way.

Evolution is fact when you view it this way:

composition of plant and animal forms change over time - evolution

This is an undeniable fact.

Evolutionary theory is the theory/theories that attempts to explain the observation of evolution.