Science Forums

Evolution vs Religion

OpenMind5

Significant other of 6 years?

are you a homosexual?

"And yes I am bitter. If you had to see your children picked on and even physically attacked by Loving Christian Children because my kids are non-believers. Or had to fight with their school because they were suspended for wearing a shirt with 666 on it. Or were fired because you were an Atheist in a Christian company. Or.... Yes you would be bitter while you are being FORCED to support religious ideology and see humans suffer because of Christian bigotry and ignorance. "

sorry about your kids but maybe it was their up bring that causes the problem.

and the rest just sounds like excuses for your failures

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by rileyj, to Freethinker: <i> Significant other of 6 years?... are you a homosexual? ...sorry about your kids but maybe it was their up bring that causes the problem. ...and the rest just sounds like excuses for your failures </i>

rileyj, take a deep breath! and you thought me and Freethinker were catfighting? LOL Freethinker attacks beliefs, and occasionally walks a thin line, but I think you jumped over it here. Whether or not he is married or a homosexual are not relevant. As for him making excuses for his failures, that'[s really not for anyone else to say. If he was fired from a Christian firm for being an atheist, my question would be why he went to work there in the first place. But he should not have been fired for his religious beliefs, or lack of them, unless those beliefs (or lack of them) specificaly went against the principles of that company (for instance, if that company was PTL Ministries, that might be a problem, but working at Wal-Mart shouldn't be an issue). Understand that these are just examples I'm using, not to say anything for or against working at wal-mart. Most schools have dress codes that specifically prohibit clothing with drugs, sex, profanity, or 'any other questionable statement, phrase or attitude'. To me, that's just frightening. In my area, a child got in trouble for wearing a t-shirt that had John 3:16, as that was considered pushing her beliefs on others. I guess the '666' thing could be viewed as the same, as it is considered satanic, and satanism is a religion. However there is NO JUSTIFICATION for children being picked on, for ANY reason. Regardless of how a child is raised, they don't deserve to be publicly humiliated for personal beliefs. If that's the case, rileyj, then should we just go persecute all those Iraqi/Afghan/Muslim/Russian/etc. kids, since their parents raised them bad? C'mon, think it through!!!

However, I do agree with your other post. With evolution, there must have been many murders before a god-myth was invented, but as there was no god then, it wasn't realy murder. It was survival of the... whatever!

Originally posted by: ScienceGuy

I must ask why you answer everything with riddles? Do you really think of yourself as a freethinker or is that just a dream of yours? Please state for me your stance on evolution vs. religion. If it is pure evolution and a big bang with no higher power in charge, then I would like to see your explanation. Go through your idea of how we all got here and how you came to that conclusion so we can all pick apart your thoughts. Do you believe in God (or any god)? I will allow you to change your stance at any time. This is a learning process that we go through.

OK, BB- biogensis-Evolution. All based on the Ockham's Razor validation of Nature as the agent.

I will change my stance if you can prove my theory is wrong. That is why I am here right now. Tell me why it is wrong,

Okham's Razor along with the complete lack of even the first valid proof of a god.

don't tell me my logic or reason can't be proven.

I don't have to tell you that your attempts at reason and logic have no proof. You do that by failing to supply any. To paraphrase, "absence of evidence is evidence of absence of evidence".

If evolution can be proven wrong, would you agree that a God or some higher power might have created everything?

We see again why you are having so much trouble dealing with logical process. You seem to think that disproving one thing, PROVES another. Disproving Evolution would simply do that, disprove evolution. And since Evolution is only involved with explaining the diversity of life, and not the start of life, some stick their invented god as the creator anyway. Thus we hear that Evolution does not exclude a god.

The possible existence of a god has to rise or fall on it's own merits. Not the coat tails of something else. As I have tried to make people understand around here, before an agent can be included in the discussion, there has to be proof of that agent's existence. Otherwise it is foolish to allow the agent to be used as part of the process. These are very elementary rules for scientific research and logical thought process.

Also, I have said all along that I would be happy to accept the existence of a god if there was ANY logical valid reasoning for it. But as all of you here admit, you lack any. I merely accept the only logical conclussion that can then be drawn, rather than continuing to blindly accept.

It wouldn't take much to do it. I have already given you some hints on how to do it. The quote at the end of these posts comes from Darwin, but your smart you already knew that. The point is, he obviously believed it was possible that he was wrong.

Any intellectual honest person will always admit that they could be wrong. (Unlike the "I KNOW I am right and that is that" mantra so common around here)

I also believe it is possible that I am wrong. I am a freethinker based on fact.

I do not remember if you have expressed any specific religious ideology. Your posts indicate a potential orthodox style Judaism. (Your fear of the "o" in god)

So are you TRULY a freethinker? Can you acknowlege the definate possibility that no god of any type exists?

Evolution has never been proven.

That is a complete and utter lie. Plain and simple. We have so many proofs of the FACTUAL existence of Evolution we could not even begin to post them all.

It is full of holes or gaps, and hence theory.

You certainly have been brainwashed very thoroughly. You parrot all the nice mis-information very well!

Minimalizing what a THEORY is is one of the bits of obfuscation so well ingrained in Creationists play book. You

Originally posted by: rileyj

by the way there has being murder well before there was any religion

PROVE IT!

if you believe in evolution, than humans at some point had to commit murder to survive. before there was an intelligent human to concieve of a god. there were humans that had to kill for food territory and women .

How could there have been humans before there was god? Therefore religion had to come first.

So PROVE there was murder before religion.

And it is interesting that you do not consider woman to be human. That you classify them along with OTHER needs/ possessions.

Originally posted by: rileyj

Significant other of 6 years?

are you a homosexual?

First assert that women are possessions, below human, something HUMANS need to aquire.. Now you throw out homophobic stereotyping. In what way does having an S.O. require or even indicate homosexual relationships?

She is my S.O. of 6 years. We are not married, but are fully emotionally committed. She does not like being called a GIRL friend as she has no problem with her age, but LADYfriend just does not sound right to me.

sorry about your kids but maybe it was their up bring that causes the problem.

Yes, the respectful manner in which I brought them up has placed them in harms way with Christian kids regularly. Rather than cause a disturbance during Pledge time or "Christmas" holiday perfprmances, they just kept quite during the god words. That was all it took for "loving Christian" kids to follow their biblical tenets to hate non-believers.

Perhaps I should have raised them to be as hateful and selfrighteously indignant as Christinan kids?

and the rest just sounds like excuses for your failures

Yes, my failure for not having changed the tax system in the US that allows Religious orgs free rides at taxpayers expense. YA that's it! What can you expect outta us fags?

Yes, the respectful manner in which I brought them up has placed them in harms way with Christian kids regularly. Rather than cause a disturbance during Pledge time or "Christmas" holiday perfprmances, they just kept quite during the god words. That was all it took for "loving Christian" kids to follow their biblical tenets to hate non-believers.

I can understand why you are bitter. If anyone ever treated my children like that I'd be upset as well. I wish you could understand that the way your chidren were treated is not part and parcel for the way ALL Christian children act. hateful and selfrighteously indignant as Christinan kids That is such a horrible generalization to make, like saying ALL atheists are bad!! My children have been taught that different people believe different things, and that's ok. We, persnally, believe in God. We attend a church, we participate in church events, they do NOT attend school publicly. Actually, they don't attend school partly because they were made fun of as Christians, and our current beliefs do not mesh well with the publicly-funded government schools. I don't think hatred of any group of people should be taught. Yes, it is taught, and sometimes it's taught by Christians. But if you are teaching your kids to hate Christians (please notice the IF), then isn't that just as bad?

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

I can understand why you are bitter. If anyone ever treated my children like that I'd be upset as well. I wish you could understand that the way your chidren were treated is not part and parcel for the way ALL Christian children act.

Based on the comments made by the specific kids attacking my kids, such as "We are NOT made from APES!", we can tell which TYPE of Christian group they were.

Actually, they don't attend school partly because they were made fun of as Christians,

I would be willing to bet that this is false. It was NOT because they were "CHRISTIANS", it was because of the TYPE of Christian they are. Chances are extremely high that it was OTHER types of Christian kids. Statistically, the chance of any public school in the US have any even good percent of Atheist kids is almost nil.

They were made fun of not because they were Christians, because it was OTHER Christians that were doing it.

It is SECULAR morals that support acceptance of diversity. The Bible teaches AGAINST it.

and our current beliefs do not mesh well with the publicly-funded government schools.

Ah yes, that is what CHOICE is all about. You have the CHOICE of taking advantage of publicly funded public schools, or CHOOSING to pay for some other system. Just as you have the choice of taking advantage of publicly funded Public Police, or for paying for some other security system.

I don't think hatred of any group of people should be taught. Yes, it is taught, and sometimes it's taught by Christians.

Of course it is taught by Christians, it's in the bible!

"Of course it is taught by Christians, it's in the bible!"

hatred is taught by evolution as well.

natural selection, fight and survive, and kill all others, you can even survive better!!!!

fight if someone takes your girl friends, kill the people that are weak, and the people who take your food!

(are these misunderstanding? well, if so, y isnt it the same for the bible?)

And it is interesting that you do not consider woman to be human. That you classify them along with OTHER needs/ possessions.

no, but by your thinking if humans evolved, it would have been the male of the species that would be that killed for such things. i'm all about equality but nature is nature, and thats how it was.

"Yes, the respectful manner in which I brought them up has placed them in harms way with Christian kids regularly. Rather than cause a disturbance during Pledge time or "Christmas" holiday perfprmances, they just kept quite during the god words. That was all it took for "loving Christian" kids to follow their biblical tenets to hate non-believers"

i don't know if you remember your childhood but kids don't do mean things in the name of god. they do it cause the are kids, and things that are different they find "weird" and are mean to other kids.

but that will always be, with or without religion, because there will always be a minority in some way.

"Based on the comments made by the specific kids attacking my kids, such as "We are NOT made from APES!", we can tell which TYPE of Christian group they were."

where do you live, cause i learned evolution in school so i'm sure your kids and classmates are. and again maybe they are just using that as an excuse to mess with yoru kids.

i'm sure you believe in the human mind,but there is no proof of that

"Hahaha, this is getting rediculous...

Although we may have problems if we use you as the subject! lol"

well proof that the minds exists not make insults like one of your kids bullies