Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

Ok, I was watching a doctor giving a face lift in school in out anatomy class. Great video. But these are his exact words...

"...and I think we can just do this here...and now you can see my fingers under her face and i can just wiggle them around and..."

Great doc. ;) Best thing was acttually seeing him do it! LOL

Op5

In order for one to harbor bitterness, it is both sufficient & necessary that the world at large slap them around a bit. On the other hand, when the world at large slaps one around a bit, it is sufficient to harbor bitterness but not necessary. - Turtle George -

Very true Turtle;

Bitterness is a seed that germinates within ones soul, and when it's fruit ripens, it is never pleasent to the taste.................................infamous

I'm sure OpenMind5 will appreciate this one :lol:...

Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love?

Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting.

Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

Neo: Because I choose to.

Is it just me... or does the bolded seem to hold more than just a grain of truth?...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. ~ Thomas Edward Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”) English soldier and author (1888 - 1935)

:)