Science Forums

Urantia Book - Who Could've Hoaxed This?

Turtle

Do you think Urantia Book is a hoax?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Urantia Book is a hoax?

• Yes; completely fictitious
    • No; it is written by "angels"
    • I can't decide
    • Some other option the poll lacks; will expound in thread

Jesus wasn't believed by the majority in HIS time. It wasn't even until he was on trial that he himself declared to the politicians that he was the Messiah. He waited until he was at the absolute bottom, when he was abandoned by his followers and facing certain execution. Basically he didn't declare himself to society's leaders until the threat of establishing a religion had passed.

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' " – Luke 16:31

___As this was your first affronting post(moreover your first post at all at Hypography), I won't broach from it either. The quote you chiseled in with was a question directed to me. This thread is on the topic of Urantia Book, & either stay on topic or withhold your comments. Your etiquette is in violation of the forum Rules.

How do we not know that this is not 'the great book' that answers all of life's questions?

___As for plate techtonics (spelling :D ) maybe god himself doesit and it has nothing to do with gravity and whatnot. Maybe god just REALLY doesnt like California :cup:

___Have not reading it myself, i cannot make such great claims, but, as from what i have read, this book seems pretty darn crazy, hey wait, just as crazy as EVERY OTHER BOOK that claims to be 'the book' cmon now as an outsider read the koran and the bible. Now as an outsider critically judge it.

Its crazy. . That is exactley what you will read as an outsider. The only think keeping you from not reading it again is the fact that it might just bring some happiness to your life, and the fact that you will not be suffering in eternal damnation if you dont follow it's word ::cup:

How do we not know that this is not 'the great book' that answers all of life's questions?

___As for plate techtonics (spelling :D ) maybe god himself doesit and it has nothing to do with gravity and whatnot. Maybe god just REALLY doesnt like California :cup:

___Have not reading it myself, i cannot make such great claims, but, as from what i have read, this book seems pretty darn crazy, hey wait, just as crazy as EVERY OTHER BOOK that claims to be 'the book' cmon now as an outsider read the koran and the bible. Now as an outsider critically judge it.

Its crazy. . That is exactley what you will read as an outsider. The only think keeping you from not reading it again is the fact that it might just bring some happiness to your life, and the fact that you will not be suffering in eternal damnation if you dont follow it's word ::cup:

___Thanks for staying on topic. Since "we" means "every-one" & that is a collection of "ones", then only "each-one" who reads it is properly posed to "know" what it says.

___As I have read it, in fact studied it, I am one who knows what it says. This thread is my exposition on that study in relation to everything else I know. In order for other "ones" to understand my analysis, it is a prerequisite to read/study Urantia. As you point out, this same burden is extant for the cogent analysis of every other book; moreover, each book leaves unanswered questions whose exposition lay in yet other books.

___After a few scores of years following this algorithm, the commanality of all books & their themes & expressions, the base/foundational "knowing" becomes transparent.:cup:

• 2 weeks later...

___Another pervasive theme in the Urantia is the threatening language. For every statement of god's love, grace, charity, etc. there is an accompanying passage of threatening language outlining the "or else" if one does not believe/comply with the edicts.

___Besides raising funds to translate & publish the Urantia in other languages, the foundation is working to place a copy in every prison. What will they think of next?!:)

I´ve read the entire book and it is amacing. But still, in the URANTIA book they say the Egiptians saild the Atlantic ocean all the way up north to the Faroe Islands- therefore the name of the islands. Thats incorrect! The Feroe Islands lay midway betveen England and Iceland,- where I live. The name of the islands is Faereyjar,- mening Sheep Islands in Faeroe and Icelandic. This is a mispronounsment in English,- has nothing to do with Faro,- only sheep.

• 2 weeks later...

The Urantia book was written by a number of people through communication to celestial beings. These beings are not human, nor of this dimension. They are titled such as, watchers, thought adjusters, midwayers, teachers, and spirits.

The phenominom of communicating to these beings has been forever here. The thought adjusters / guardians are ones assigned to you for your whole life, they have a job to do for you as the archer and you are the arrow, and their job is to design you into a true shooting arrow so you can be released and glide, which is by no means a difficult job for them as it happens in a matter of no time, as they co-exist in the dimension of all time. As if All things are on a video tape, we are stuck as the lense in time of the tape and this other realm is the place where you can look at the tape as one big loop.

There is a code that exists in this mind boggling large realm that all beings follow and can not break.. (and this is what I read).

This ability to communicate with these beings is becoming more widely practiced, known, and understood. Another such archive is being developed through the same technique the authors of the Urantia book used to communicate. This later archive is being built up from people all around the world and as skeptical as I am, these transcripts seem to have some kind of higher mind behind the words.

http://www.tmarchives.com

You can go there and search through the archives. On almost any topic you want. There is physics, and science realted things. These Celestial Teachers by of their code cant just lay out details for us and give us answers to everything we want. For example, when the atom bomb was discovered after Eienstien had been tipped on the concept of his relativity. Human kind risked the chance of their existance, and still today, we are learned on nuclear technology and the world is still armed to this day at any point capable to destruct the world over a few times. They say, we will soon learn to tap into the zero point field which is a real thing, and when we do we should take the same precautoins we wish we could of applied to the nuclear bomb before it was constructed.

-Nothing is alone, even a single atom has numerous neighbours all operating in the nature of teamwork-

So however this is true or not, we are all capable of contacting our own personal thought adjusters or teachers as there is hundreds of thousands of beings to contact. Through practicing stillness and directly communicating out loud you are suppsed to learn to contact another being. however, It might be difficult to decide whether you are having conversations with yourself or someone else.. but they say once you have learned you will be capable to know the difference.

So the Urantia book may have some false clicks in it, but the beings who shared with them this massive database of information from the Akashic Records know well that they are not alloud to present specific types of information to us incarnated living beings..

I stand by all of this to some degree but I am new to it of course. I do know through spiritual growth, that I have come to a knowing to understand that the universe is not just a bunch of atoms and energy, which organize themselves in such a way to randomly create life.. There is more to this than meets the eye, more to it than can been detected through site.

Sometimes I ask the question, where did the ability of deciphering colors come from.. and all the ideas we get...

I honestly dont think atoms grew up to learn how to make an atom bomb.

But this does not make one a spritual thumper... Its best to balance analytical scienctifics equally along with spiritual matters... and then you can controll the open mind, or reason the open mind.

• 1 month later...
I´ve read the entire book and it is amacing. But still, in the URANTIA book they say the Egiptians saild the Atlantic ocean all the way up north to the Faroe Islands- therefore the name of the islands. Thats incorrect! The Feroe Islands lay midway betveen England and Iceland,- where I live. The name of the islands is Faereyjar,- mening Sheep Islands in Faeroe and Icelandic. This is a mispronounsment in English,- has nothing to do with Faro,- only sheep.

___Sweet Ice! A linguistic chink in their declarative armour.:hyper: :lol: (or did the pharohs have a sheep thang goin';) )

My baaaaaddd.

:hyper: :phones: :lol: :)

:)

:hyper:

:)

:friday:

:friday:

• 3 months later...
I wonder how long it took to write it?

Not an easy question to answer. According to historical accounts the process that resulted in the Papers began in 1906, and culminated in the appearance of most of the papers by 1925. Some of the papers include a published inditement date of 1934 and 1936.

More puzzling, however, was the initial appearance of 500 hand-written pages which were found in the room of the "sleeping subject" one morning in December of 1924, by his wife. The pages contained the answers to 181 questions that had been assembled in response to a "personality" that spoke "through" the sleeping subject, issuing a challenge to the physician who had been monitoring the sessions of this fellow and conversing with various "voices" that claimed to be personal beings from other worlds.

The challenge was something to the effect that, if you knew what you were in contact with you would not ask such trivial questions, you would ask questions that would "elicit answers of supreme importance to the human race."

Dr. William Sadler concluded that the sleeping subject had not produced the material, as it was not his handwriting, his hand tested negative for muscular fatigue, his wife said she doubted he could have left their bed without waking her, and the fellow himself said he didn't write anything. (He was likewise oblivious to the voices that regularly spoke through his vocal cords.)

All of the papers eventually appeared, in handwritten form in pencil, and a typed copy made. The handwritten material was regularly placed in a safe, but the material disappeared as soon as the typed copy was completed. The papers were published in 1955.

—Saitia

Not an easy question to answer. According to historical accounts the process that resulted in the Papers began in 1906, and culminated in the appearance of most of the papers by 1925. Some of the papers include a published inditement date of 1934 and 1936.

—Saitia

Now that right there Sir (Mam?) is more information on the subject than I have seen in over 20 years! The book itself says 1934, but when I wrote the Urantia Foundation to enquire into the details of the writings' appearence they gave no further information. (This did put me on their mailing list & for years I received the most fascinating array of documents.)

So if you please Saitia (Aitias:lol: ) what "historical accounts" do you refer to? Thanks for helping to get to the bottom of this.:hihi:

. . .what "historical accounts" do you refer to? Thanks for helping to get to the bottom of this.:hihi:

A History of the Urantia Papers

By Larry Mullins with Dr. Meredith Sprunger

Published 2000 by Penumbra Press

A culling of a few extant accounts and a few persons with firsthand knowledge of events. Very scarce volume; occasionally a pricey copy can be found on Amazon. A must read for the genuine account of how the papers got here, even though the answer is still nobody knows the full details.

That's "Mr." Saitia, to you. :evil:

• 2 months later...

Can't let a good rant against religious idiocy pie without taking another sharp poke with a stick at this dog inspired work. So, what little committee cooked up this load of dung? Well, I guess you can't talk about that; Urantia says keep no churches,;) just little private readers groups. Tee hee. :ud: How 'bout those stories of Jesus in this thing? Or the bat race on planet Makeupaname? Good grief.:camera: If I ever had any faith in the majority of people having any sense to analyze things, this book surely ran it the hell over. This concludes this irregularly scheduled rant. Have a nice day. :hihi:

Can't let a good rant against religious idiocy pie without taking another sharp poke with a stick at this dog inspired work.

And I can't let an idiot rant against religion "pie" (sic) without poking back just as sharply at your obtuse observations.

So, what little committee cooked up this load of dung?

My my. So stridently put. After reading your so-called previous analysis of the book in this thread, I say your appraisal is the real "load of dung"; not the Urantia Papers.

Well, I guess you can't talk about that; Urantia says keep no churches,;) just little private readers groups. Tee hee. ;)

"Urantia" says no such thing; but where is your evidence? Quote it from the Urantia Book.:camera: Tee hee hee.;)

How 'bout those stories of Jesus in this thing?

Yeah; how about them? You claimed to have read the book; let's hear your scientific evidence refuting them.

Or the bat race on planet Makeupaname? Good grief.:ud:
Again, no evidence. How long have you been posting on this site, Turtle?:D

If I ever had any faith in the majority of people having any sense to analyze things, this book surely ran it the hell over.

Why would your meager faith "in the majority of people" have a thing to do with your own inability to analyze things, especially as they are presented in this book? I found your "analysis" predictably shallow for someone who didn't actually read the book, but superfically skimmed it; not worthy of response. But since you find it necessary to attack what you do not understand, why not offer some real evidence supporting your arrogant little rant?

This concludes this irregularly scheduled rant. Have a nice day. :D

You schedule such things?:hihi: Yeah; you have a nice day too. ;)

Lack of attributable authorship doesn't seem to be a requirement for books to be awarded a spurious authoritiveness. The most likely candidate book for this kind of regard would be the Voynich manuscript (http://www.crystalinks.com/voynich.html) perhaps the fact that nobody can read it discourages those who like to delegate responsibility to fantasia.

And I can't let an idiot rant against religion "pie" (sic) without poking back just as sharply at your obtuse observations. ;)

Ahhh, here's my foil. :hihi: You're late. :naughty: It took you over an hour to respond. :eek: Speaking of claims to reading, I think I said early on that I read the book cover to cover as well as rereading much of it; did you read that part of the thread?:shrug:

As to proving a negative? Surely you jest! Who ya gonna call? ; the Melcheesadicks? :hyper:

Did you find that super hard to get tell-all book A History of the Urantia Papers you mentioned? I wouldn't mind taking a shot at that one too.

Since you can't produce a spirit being to testify to their own existence - here & now - you haven't a leg to stand on. By all means try & pray up a Midwayer or sumpin' to pay me a visit; don't pop a vein though.:hyper: Hey, what if I'm Satan myself fullfilling some prophesy? That'd be a gas huh? :evil:

Ahhh, here's my foil. :hihi: You're late. :eek: It took you over an hour to respond. :eek:

You appear to be your own foil; you avoided every point put to you.

Speaking of claims to reading, I think I said early on that I read the book cover to cover as well as rereading much of it; did you read that part of the thread?:)

Of course; but clearly reading is not synonymous with comprehension; your analysis shows your comprehension is nothing but superficial.

As to proving a negative? Surely you jest! Who ya gonna call? ; the Melcheesadicks? :hyper:

Childish ridicule isn't a substitute for evidence. You made a claim or two about what the "book says," you were asked to support it with quotes; apparently you can't, so you resort to ridicule; not very scientific. (Some people get chastised and banned for such behavior; I guess it's tolerated if you're a site sponsor, aye?)

Did you find that super hard to get tell-all book A History of the Urantia Papers you mentioned? I wouldn't mind taking a shot at that one too.

I wasn't looking for it; but do find it and read it; not that you would suddenly develop a fair or balanced approach to discovering the truth about the Papers, but it would make your arrogant assumptions even more painful to maintain. There's nothing like lying to yourself to bring out the hypocrisy in you.

Since you can't produce a spirit being to testify to their own existence - here & now - you haven't a leg to stand on. By all means try & pray up a Midwayer or sumpin' to pay me a visit; don't pop a vein though.:hyper: Hey, what if I'm Satan myself fullfilling some prophesy? That'd be a gas huh? :evil:

More evidence you're not up to an intelligent discussion of this material.