Science Forums

Palestine Demography

HouseKnight1

PALESTINE DEMOGRAPHY

Learning real (not just antisemitic/leftist) history of Palestine/Land of Israel, we come to the conclusion, that both Palestinians and Jews include indigenous and alien populations. Sharp decrease of Palestine medieval population was a result of numerous armed invasions and mutual persecutions (for example, of Crusaders and Muslims). Almost all invaders slaughtered or expelled the Jews. Famine, plague and robbers contributed sharp demographic decrease.

In the course of longtime Ottoman rule, Jews were intimidated, murdered and imprisoned with the purpose to extract money. Including the «Khaluka» money, sent by Diaspora Jews with the purpose to rescue Palestine Jews from hunger.

Anyway, after decrease, there was restoration, due to natural growth and immigration of both Muslims and the Jews. Local «Mustaarab» (Arabized) Jews permanently sat in Galilee, until they were forced to give up their land to Muslim neighbors. The last «Mustaarab» Jews fled their Pekiin village just in 1936, fearing murder at the hands of Amin al Husseini’s gangsters.

Both Muslim and Jewish populations of Jerusalem were slaughtered or expelled by Crusaders. Jerusalem Jewish communities were slaughtered at the hands of various conquerors, then restored several times. However, there was one exclusion: Salah ad Din allowed restoration of Jerusalem Jews due to personal request of his physician Maimonides.

Under Turkish rule, there was big influx of Muslim and Christian populations, while Jewish immigration was only temporarily allowed in by Suleiman the Magnificent (these were rich refugees from Spain and Portugal). But in the course of most of Turkish rule Jewish immigration was restricted or forbidden.

Despite of restrictions, Jews infiltrated into Palestine in the course of many centuries. Before modern Zionism started, Jerusalem Jewish community included Jews of Sephardi, Ashkenazi, Yemenite, Bukhari and Mughrabi origin. Muslim population of Palestine was composed of (Hejaz) Arabs, Bedouin, local Arabs, Egyptian, Sudanese, Syria and Lebanon Arabs, Iraqi Arabs, Kurds, Circassians, people of Bushnak (Bosnian), Maghreb, Yemenite, Turkoman origin etc.

The partition of Palestine has deep historic and demographic roots.

Edited by HouseKnight1

Your point being? What you write makes it sound that there should be only 1-state both for Arabs and Jews, since all of them live there over centuries. But somehow I am sure you are not advocating for that.

Putting antisemitic and leftist in the same bucket, is the usual "card" played to silence any critics to Israel, but it fails to consider:
1) One can (me for example) criticise a state for its policies independent of the state religion; actually I couldn't care less about the religion if it were not used as an excuse...don't worry I criticise also a lot of muslim countries...
2) Leftist and Rightwing history are maybe biased on emphasizing the points the ideology wants, antisemitic history is more than biased it is just bullshit and made up pseudo-facts (actually I do not go to such sites so this is my guess).
3) Leftists want to find a solution for the conflict in the area (eg. 2-state solution with borders made with compromises), antisemites want the annihilation of Israel. If you fail to spot that difference, well...not much one can do, otherwise stop putting them in the same bucket.

Anyway the history of the  area I knew, never denies that Jews and Arabs lived there...

The one-state solution is desirable, but impossible, first of all because of worldwide antisemitism, which makes the Israeli-Palestinian conflict extremely unbalanced. Palestinians cannot make concessions, because of whole World encourages them to wipe Israel out. Then Israel cannot give up nothing, because of any withdrawal endangeres the very existence of the Jewish State. This is the essence of the impasse.

Sources for the above statement?
Again there is no worldwide antisemitism criticising the actions of Israel is the same as criticising eg. the US and invasion of Irak or Afghanistian. You are saying that I am anti-christian because I criticise the US?

If you keep putting anti-semitism everywhere where it is not present then there is no point in discussing with you...

There is no worldwide antisemitism, there is though support all over the world for oppressed people pointing the finger at the oppressor.

And no, the impasse you talk about does not make sense. Imagine Israel agrees to the pre-69 borders and Jerusalem split to be the capital of the two states. And imagine Israel proposes all this to the Palestinians. Do you think Palestininas would still have all the support from around the world if they say no? And if they say yes, this would not endanger the existence of Israel, quite the contrary it would make the whole area a more secure place. And also increase tourism etc.