Science Forums

Why me

karlfreak

It's either because self-replicating molecules started replicating which resulted in you, or some supernatural creator started the tree of life which resulted in you (the creator may also of had a hand in developing specific branches such as humans).

Kizzi :)

ok why are we here and do we exist

:

The proof that we exist is realized when the question is asked. If you can ask the question, "do we exist", because you can ask proves your existence. Now about the first part of you question; "why are we here" which BTW, should have followed "do we exist". Because you ask the question "why are we here" first, you must have already conceded to the notion that we exist. In any case, the answer to "why are we here" is quite another mystery. You will most likely get as many answers to that question as there are people willing to waist the time to answer it. I've already waisted enough time with this so I'll take my leave now if you don't mind.

why are we here and do we exist

We are here because the universe cannot explore its full potential without a skilled intermediary. Talk about having a sense of humor...

If you doubt you exist, touch a red-hot stove burner. If you do not exist, what diference does that fact and its sequelae make?

If you doubt you exist, touch a red-hot stove burner. If you do not exist, what diference does that fact and its sequelae make?

ok i touched the stove and would advise against otherts from doin so

and can u prove that i exist and that i am not just a commputer program or somthing

ok i touched the stove and would advise against otherts from d

Give us a break, why should we have to prove your existence. But alas, I'll concede to your wishes and try to prove your existence. The proofs of your existence are the annoying questions which you insist on punishing us with.

Give us a break, why should we have to prove your existence. But alas, I'll concede to your wishes and try to prove your existence. The proofs of your existence are the annoying questions which you insist on punishing us with.

u wanna know why u should explain or answer my questions it's because i am special (or that's what the people in white keep tellin me ;) )

punish yous me ;) never i am veryt pacif but if the only evidence u have is that i can ask question's then well hey that's not much evidence

u wanna know why u should explain or answer my questions it's because i am special (or that's what the people in white keep tellin me ;) )

punish yous me :wave: never i am veryt pacif but if the only evidence u have is that i can ask question's then well hey that's not much evidence

It's all the evidence I need Karkfreak, and BTW, we are all special, each and everyone of us. We all have a purpose, we all have goals, and we should all have a plan . Try looking for answers to questions that have some real meaning in life. Don't stop with questions like those you posed for us in your first post. Something tells me that your smarter than that karlfreak.

well how do iknow u exist

you don't. as a matter of fact, i don't exist.

what about people who are vegtables

response to given stimuli is a new requirement for existance, as far as i know. that line of reasoning would rule out the existance of any number of inanimate objects and several members of elected office immediately. you seem to be dealing with a question of perception; the person in a vegetative state may not be aware that he or she exists (or they may be hovering above us all, wondering what i have against capital letters), yet you are aware of that person - therefore that person exists. to you. i have a sneaking suspicion that at some level there is an amount of space (whether that is a void between galaxies or between an electron whipping around a nucleus) in which no recognizable matter resides. does that space not exist?

the person you refer to at the beginning of this thread, René Descartes, may have been the father of moder philosophy (as my professor seemed to think), but his logic is tragically flawed. in arriving at his (in)famous conclusion, he took several steps toward ruling out all things he considered to be 'truth' - firmly held beliefs that would otherwise ground him to a reality in which common logic would impress existance upon him (reference your heated cooking surface incident). the step that proved to be too much for me to comfortably digest was his reasoning behind disregarding mathematics - claiming that perhaps a supernatural being (philosophy professors avoid using the word God rather religiously) had altered his conciousness; rendering his understanding of algebra unstable. i would agree that he was unstable, but not as a result of divine tinkering.

getting back to your thread, my opinion on the matter is that it is a matter of opinion. some people know they exist because the stove hurts. some people question whether or not the sensation of pain can be ignored to the point of inexistance, rendering it irrelevant (these people usually find there way to a different plane of existance following something akin to a double-dog dare). some people own the matrix trilogy and question their perception of the world around them. some people question the purchase of any film starring keanu reeves. regardless, i think the answer to your question lies with your perception of existance than the varied responses to your questions.

Socratic reasoning is percieved as thoughtful the first time, tired the second time, and relatively antogonistic beyond that.

You exist, because if you didn't you wouldn't have been able to ask the question.

And we exist here, and in this state, because if we existed anywhere else in any other state, 'there' would be 'here', and 'the other state' would be 'our state'. We wouldn't know any different.

But in truth, you're lying in a bath of snot, Matrix-style, and the advanced aliens who are controlling your mental impulses think that your self-questioning is rather amusing.

You exist, because if you didn't you wouldn't have been able to ask the question.

well hey fred can ask questions does that mean he exists

that would also mean fairys and that exist beacuse they ask my sis question's but she is the only one that can see them

ps no one else can see him

:eek: :eek:

well hey fred can ask questions does that mean he exists

that would also mean fairys and that exist beacuse they ask my sis question's but she is the only one that can see them

ps no one else can see him

:eek: :eek:

The proof of your existence is demonstrated by your ability to so appropriately choose your forum name karlfreak.