Science Forums

How The Democrats Are Blowing It.

Maine farmer

Do you mind telling me how precisely you know about my internet history? Have you like literally been to every single place I've been too?

Not all, but you're pretty easy to find.

Wrong. Try again.

Mmm hmm. I know you don't see it that way. Sad.

Well, if you were actually present during the time when that global forum for The Zeitgeist Movement was still active, you would have known that I pointed out that the general election was rigged and that Trump was a pawn.

Ah, in the "olden days." And such a controversial position!  NO ONE claimed the election was rigged! Gosh you're smart! :cheer:

In any case, I suspect the real reason why that forum was pulled was because I made some valid points that couldn't be argued with...

"I was of course right, but those idiots couldn't appreciate my brilliance!"

...and it really, really made The Alt-Right look soooooo good.

Seig Heil, dude.

The world does not need white people to civilize others. The real White People's Burden is to civilize ourselves, :phones:

Buffy

Not all, but you're pretty easy to find.

Cool. I didn't actually know I was that famous until I signed up for some forums having to do with White Nationalism. I was like what the ****, why would some White Nationalists be interested in the things I have to say, especially when most of my time was focused on some INTJ forum where I had a "crazy" blog. I mean, it wasn't like I was engaging in "red pill talk" or anything of that nature.

Mmm hmm. I know you don't see it that way. Sad.

You should have seen the praise I got from some people. Sort of reminds me of that one moment I got banned from some general MBTI forum where I actually got a couple of "thank yous." Looking back in retrospect, I have to say I'm kind of surprised. It wasn't of my intention to please others. 

Ah, in the "olden days." And such a controversial position!  NO ONE claimed the election was rigged! Gosh you're smart! :cheer:

No one?

See here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wisconsin-michigan-pennsylvania-election-hillary-clinton-hacked-manipulated-donald-trump-swing-a7433091.html

Now, I know you'll probably say I'm "jumping the gun" or whatever, but you see, that's why I was so fascinated with MBTI. It's like my intuition takes over even if it's inaccurate unlike say an ISTJ where the labeling of a true scientist would apply to them better. 

"I was of course right, but those idiots couldn't appreciate my brilliance!"

Too be honest, I should give some credit to this one guy who was/is an engineer. He was quite insightful, more than me. I think he's an ENTP because he always seems to be "questioning" things. I guess that's the beauty of Dominant Ne, curiosity. 

The world does not need white people to civilize others. The real White People's Burden is to civilize ourselves, :phones:

Buffy

I don't know....seems kind of scary when no more White people are around....White people are also the most compassionate in my honest opinion...like I've said before in some other place, I do believe emotional intelligence constitutes a form of intelligence despite what many scholars or what the internet says....so you see, I think for myself. 

Cool. I didn't actually know I was that famous until I signed up for some forums having to do with White Nationalism. I was like what the ****, why would some White Nationalists be interested in the things I have to say, especially when most of my time was focused on some INTJ forum where I had a "crazy" blog. I mean, it wasn't like I was engaging in "red pill talk" or anything of that nature.

Oh the White Nationalists are so easy to please. Just say any ol' racist thing and they'll be all "Dude! Your (sic) one of us!"

You should have seen the praise I got from some people. Sort of reminds me of that one moment I got banned from some general MBTI forum where I actually got a couple of "thank yous." Looking back in retrospect, I have to say I'm kind of surprised. It wasn't of my intention to please others.

"banned." Mmm hmm.

And yes, we can tell that "pleasing others" is something you actively avoid doing.

Called "anti-social." Usually frowned upon by your fellow humans. I'm sure your mama tried.

No one?

The inability to perceive satire is a primary symptom of a wide range of maladies covered by DSM IV.

As is an obsession with personality traits:

Now, I know you'll probably say I'm "jumping the gun" or whatever, but you see, that's why I was so fascinated with MBTI. It's like my intuition takes over even if it's inaccurate unlike say an ISTJ where the labeling of a true scientist would apply to them better.

The desire to put people in boxes and "otherize" them is also kinda anti-social. And to be self-referential here and cater to your orientation: racist to boot.

I don't know....seems kind of scary when no more White people are around....White people are also the most compassionate in my honest opinion...like I've said before in some other place, I do believe emotional intelligence constitutes a form of intelligence despite what many scholars or what the internet says....so you see, I think for myself.

"No more white people."

You've said that a bunch of times here and elsewhere. Just where is this "no more white people?" I mean sure there are a lot of Mexicans in San Diego county. You prolly can't afford to live there, but La Jolla's pretty white.

And really, if you want White Supremacist-friendly whiteness, Idaho can't be beat!

I am really enjoying the new Martin Luther King Jr stamp - just think about all those white bigots, licking the backside of a black man, :phones:

Buffy

And yes, we can tell that "pleasing others" is something you actively avoid doing.

Actually, long, long before I got into MBTI, I was part of some forums having to do with Indigos, spirituality, the supernatural, and the afterlife. I'd say I was quite empathic. It's no wonder why some people think I'm INFJ. Then again, I've been typed up by so many people with so many MBTI types including ENTJ and ENTP. Anyways, I think that's a flaw in other people in that they can't see the possibility of growth, that we all have a bit of both sides to all four dimensions of MBTI, and that we basically have all 8 functions, yeah that's right 8 and not 4 because yes, I do believe shadow functions could creep up on you. 

Called "anti-social." Usually frowned upon by your fellow humans. I'm sure your mama tried.

My biological mother has all kinds of mental problems. A psychiatrist once told me that it's possible I must have inherited some mental disorders. It's genetic. I too have had all kinds of mental problems since I was a child. I was in Special Education because I was told I had a lot of social and emotional problems. At the same time, I was also in a lot of advanced/honors classes too so I don't know what you're supposed to make of that. I do recall that a lot of my fellow Special Ed classmates were NOT in advanced classes as they were in regular classes. 

The inability to perceive satire is a primary symptom of a wide range of maladies covered by DSM IV.

You might be on to something. Is it satire or sarcasm? You see, I'm not sure I'm able to tell the difference between satire and sarcasm. 

As is an obsession with personality traits:

That engineer guy from The Zeitgeist forum, I think he might have mentioned something about OCD, when he was basically saying that him and I are alike. 

The desire to put people in boxes and "otherize" them is also kinda anti-social. And to be self-referential here and cater to your orientation: racist to boot.

I don't know, INFJs seem to be the ones most interested in MBTI in the words of Michael Pierce. It's usually F-types that are good with people and possess amazing social and emotional intelligence. 

"No more white people."

You've said that a bunch of times here and elsewhere. Just where is this "no more white people?"

I saw somewhere that America will be majority Non-White by 2050, children by 2025.

I mean sure there are a lot of Mexicans in San Diego county. You prolly can't afford to live there, but La Jolla's pretty white.

Have you lived in the San Francisco Bay Area? Basically Blacks and Hispanics in East Bay and South Bay. The city of San Francisco down to the peninsula is where a lot of the Whites live. And Asians. For some reason, I always felt safer along the Caltrain line than along the BART. 

I was born in San Diego and lived there for 21 consecutive years. A lot has changed. It used to be White even in areas deemed not so safe. Now, particularly in the inner cities, I see mostly Hispanics and Blacks. And La Jolla ain't as White as it used to be. Still, I think San Diego is much, much safer than the Bay Area, especially Oakland. I suspect even Los Angeles is safer than Oakland. Of course, back in the 90s, might have been a different story.

And really, if you want White Supremacist-friendly whiteness, Idaho can't be beat!

I don't know if Montana could be one or Utah too. 

I am really enjoying the new Martin Luther King Jr stamp - just think about all those white bigots, licking the backside of a black man, :phones:

Buffy

I heard the 20 US Dollar Bill is going to be replaced by Harriet Tubman. Jesus. Maybe they should have picked the 10 Dollar Bill instead. Andrew Jackson feared the banks. He shouldn't be placed in the reverse. 

Actually, long, long before I got into MBTI, I was part of some forums having to do with Indigos, spirituality, the supernatural, and the afterlife. I'd say I was quite empathic. It's no wonder why some people think I'm INFJ. Then again, I've been typed up by so many people with so many MBTI types including ENTJ and ENTP. Anyways, I think that's a flaw in other people in that they can't see the possibility of growth, that we all have a bit of both sides to all four dimensions of MBTI, and that we basically have all 8 functions, yeah that's right 8 and not 4 because yes, I do believe shadow functions could creep up on you.

That's nice. Have you ever asked yourself why you like categorizing people and labeling those categories as "bad?" Or at least "some better than others?"

My biological mother has all kinds of mental problems. A psychiatrist once told me that it's possible I must have inherited some mental disorders. It's genetic. I too have had all kinds of mental problems since I was a child. I was in Special Education because I was told I had a lot of social and emotional problems. At the same time, I was also in a lot of advanced/honors classes too so I don't know what you're supposed to make of that. I do recall that a lot of my fellow Special Ed classmates were NOT in advanced classes as they were in regular classes.

Sorry to hear that. High functioning Asperger's is often accompanied by deep understanding and abilities in many subjects. It's important to note that the ignorance you're being called on the carpet for here is the willful kind. And that's also the worst kind, because it's something that even folks who have mental diagnoses can do something about. 

Why, it's a foundational principle of modern conservatism that those who do not perform to expectations are just lazy. Are you lazy?

You might be on to something. Is it satire or sarcasm? You see, I'm not sure I'm able to tell the difference between satire and sarcasm.

That could be a problem. You might want to work on that. Would take effort though.

That engineer guy from The Zeitgeist forum, I think he might have mentioned something about OCD, when he was basically saying that him and I are alike.

Mmm hmm. People tell you stuff. It's probably often wrong, but always worth listening to. Kinda like I'm listening to you.

I saw somewhere that America will be majority Non-White by 2050, children by 2025.

Are the Jews included in that? Italians? Irish? Eastern Europeans? What about mixed race? What percentage of Aryan DNA will be required? Questions posed here not so much in the classical demographic definitions, but in the traditional racist sense of demanding "racial purity."

Most "white" Americans are mutts. You're probably one of those folks who makes jokes about Elizabeth Warren "lying" about being Native American, but totally miss the point that it's actually *incredibly likely* that she does!

Have you done one of those DNA ancestry tests? Do you know how "pure" your blood is? You remember what happened to Juice on Sons of Anarchy?

So really, why are you so scared of "dark" people? Have you even thought about it? Or do you just think they're all violent?

Have you lived in the San Francisco Bay Area? Basically Blacks and Hispanics in East Bay and South Bay. The city of San Francisco down to the peninsula is where a lot of the Whites live. And Asians. For some reason, I always felt safer along the Caltrain line than along the BART.

Yes, I was born in San Francisco and lived in the Bay Area for decades, including most of it in Berkeley/Oakland. I have a (white) friend who lives in a "bad" area of Oakland (off Hegenberger near the Coliseum if you know the area) and neither he nor I, in visiting him, has ever had a problem.

Aren't you the folks who keep screaming we should be focusing to the exclusion of all else on "black-on-black" crime?

What's really funny of course is that the Bay Area, and much of Los Angeles has been ethnically cleansed of African American areas as it's become just plain too expensive to live there, along with continued "subtle racism" in hiring in high tech. Now the change doesn't help you because those formerly AA areas are now mostly filled with Latino, Asian and South Asian ethnicities, and gosh, those people are *really* scary, eh?

And there are areas that are gentrifying back to white: Pixar was built in an area that was when I was going to Berkeley, mostly crack houses.

And La Jolla ain't as White as it used to be. Still, I think San Diego is much, much safer than the Bay Area, especially Oakland. I suspect even Los Angeles is safer than Oakland. Of course, back in the 90s, might have been a different story.

Aren't those rich minorities the scariest? [Editor's note: The average house price in La Jolla is over $2 million, and until recently Mitt Romney lived in a $15 million home there with its famous car elevator]

I don't know if Montana could be one or Utah too.

Ah yep. Lotsa Galt's Gulches to choose from!

I heard the 20 US Dollar Bill is going to be replaced by Harriet Tubman. Jesus. Maybe they should have picked the 10 Dollar Bill instead. Andrew Jackson feared the banks. He shouldn't be placed in the reverse.

It's of course commonly accepted that what you call "fear" was simply the fact that Jackson was arguably one of the most paranoid presidents prior to Nixon.

God forbid we'd honor a black woman on any currency ever. You'd probably recommend Roger Taney first.

Unquestionably, it is the duty of every master to watch over the religious and moral culture of his slaves, and to give them every comfort and privilege that is not incompatible with the continued existence of the relations between them, :phones:

Buffy

Some people probably think I'm totally "Red Pill." I see myself more as a hybrid of both "Red Pill" and "Black Pill" but I'm more of "Black Pill" than I am of "Red Pill":

https://www.amerika.org/science/the-black-pill/

As long as I don't have "Blue Pill," I'm fine with that because "Blue Pill" is mostly a false illusion. Of course, there will always be exceptions or outliers but it's the average that matters anyways.

The above link doesn't work so I actually meant this link here:

http://www.amerika.org/science/the-black-pill/

Now you're certainly right that The Zeitgeist Movement has actual scientists among its leadership and members, but honest, being a "scientist" does not make you immune to belief in wild, triumphalist, utopian fantasies. 

I don't agree with everything The Zeitgeist Movement promotes because yes, I truly am an "Independent" but I do think they have some good points such as obsolescence. So for example, there's no reason why the railroad system in the United States should be out of date. China already has a high speed rail system. 

That's nice. Have you ever asked yourself why you like categorizing people and labeling those categories as "bad?" Or at least "some better than others?"

Oh, well, when I'm in some other place having a "random thought," it's nothing personal. To me, bad or good like good or evil are subjective anyways.

Sorry to hear that. High functioning Asperger's is often accompanied by deep understanding and abilities in many subjects. It's important to note that the ignorance you're being called on the carpet for here is the willful kind. And that's also the worst kind, because it's something that even folks who have mental diagnoses can do something about. 

Why, it's a foundational principle of modern conservatism that those who do not perform to expectations are just lazy. Are you lazy?

The thing is though is that I was never officially diagnosed with Asperger's or Autism. My official diagnosis was Bipolar Two Disorder. I guess the highs and lows I experience can interfere with my ability to do something. I've had some jobs but the thing is though is that I could never get pass the 90 day probationary period. It's not that I don't show up to work or anything because I do in fact show up to work but sometimes, I mess up. It's similar to the way I post on internet forums where I tend to misspell or drop an entire word. Like I've been a bank teller before but they say you can only be off by 4 cents. The problem though is that I tend to be off by more than 4 cents. It's not that I intentionally want to mess up as I simply just keep making mistakes. This is why I believe there's something cognitively wrong with me. Back in public school from K-16, believe it or not, I've noticed that when I studied both the lecture notes and read the textbook, I tend to score lower on exams/tests than when I just studied the lecture notes and didn't even read the textbook at all. I know that sounds kind of crazy so I don't know what you're supposed to make of that one. It was actually more prevalent when I was in college than when I was in high school. For example, there was a counseling class I took back in college where I read the assigned chapters on a university textbook and studied the notes and my test score was around an 86. But, when I didn't read the textbook and just studied off from lecture notes one time, I scored a 99 on the exam. 

Are the Jews included in that? Italians? Irish? Eastern Europeans? What about mixed race? What percentage of Aryan DNA will be required? Questions posed here not so much in the classical demographic definitions, but in the traditional racist sense of demanding "racial purity."

Most "white" Americans are mutts. You're probably one of those folks who makes jokes about Elizabeth Warren "lying" about being Native American, but totally miss the point that it's actually *incredibly likely* that she does!

Have you done one of those DNA ancestry tests? Do you know how "pure" your blood is? You remember what happened to Juice on Sons of Anarchy?

So really, why are you so scared of "dark" people? Have you even thought about it? Or do you just think they're all violent?

Yeah, one thing I disagree with The Alt-Right is the obsession or hate against Jews because I do believe Jews are White. Contrary to what many internet sources would say, I do believe skin color equals to race and that there really is no difference between a phenotype and a genotype. I'm actually a follower of Dr. Lisa Randall on Twitter who I believe is an Ashkenazi Jew. Anyways, I think if you're 90% White, you're White. 

No, I haven't done one of those DNA ancestry test but other people in The Alt-Right have done so such as Blonde in the Belly of the Beast:

It's not so much that I'm scared of dark people but that the data speaks for itself:

Yes, I was born in San Francisco and lived in the Bay Area for decades, including most of it in Berkeley/Oakland. I have a (white) friend who lives in a "bad" area of Oakland (off Hegenberger near the Coliseum if you know the area) and neither he nor I, in visiting him, has ever had a problem.

Aren't you the folks who keep screaming we should be focusing to the exclusion of all else on "black-on-black" crime? 

Personal accounts are basically like anecdotes. I think you need to look at the bigger picture and meta-analyses. 

What's really funny of course is that the Bay Area, and much of Los Angeles has been ethnically cleansed of African American areas as it's become just plain too expensive to live there, along with continued "subtle racism" in hiring in high tech. Now the change doesn't help you because those formerly AA areas are now mostly filled with Latino, Asian and South Asian ethnicities, and gosh, those people are *really* scary, eh?

And there are areas that are gentrifying back to white: Pixar was built in an area that was when I was going to Berkeley, mostly crack houses. 

Isn't that the nature of capitalism? Why would a studio apartment revert back from 1,000 dollars back to 300 dollars per month? What incentive is there for a landlord to do so anyways? Is overpopulation real or is that one of those dirty little secrets that you're not supposed to talk about? 

Aren't those rich minorities the scariest? [Editor's note: The average house price in La Jolla is over $2 million, and until recently Mitt Romney lived in a $15 million home there with its famous car elevator]

No, not really. They look civilized.

Unquestionably, it is the duty of every master to watch over the religious and moral culture of his slaves, and to give them every comfort and privilege that is not incompatible with the continued existence of the relations between them, :phones:

Buffy

Don't you think that sounds somewhat like Alt-Right talk? The Alt-Right is pro-hierarchy.

Oh, well, when I'm in some other place having a "random thought," it's nothing personal. To me, bad or good like good or evil are subjective anyways.

That can be a problem in our society. Despite the protestations of a certain subset of Christians, we live in a society that values it's morals. Not having morals (that is just thinking that interpretation of good of evil is arbitrary) pretty much makes you "immoral" and many people judge and shun you.

Should they? Well, life isn't fair, so that really doesn't matter, and "should" in this case is a, um, moral judgement.

The thing is though is that I was never officially diagnosed with Asperger's or Autism. My official diagnosis was Bipolar Two Disorder.

I'm sorry to hear that and you should be proud of yourself for doing what you've done with your life.

The son of one of my best friends is bipolar, and he had a lot of difficulty finding a job that worked for him. Ultimately he ended up as a phlebotomist (the guy who takes your blood at the hospital), and due to restrictions on on-duty time (you're required to stand down frequently during the day and engage in other activities), he's found something that fits with his problems with attention span.

I wish you good luck.

I've noticed that when I studied both the lecture notes and read the textbook, I tend to score lower on exams/tests than when I just studied the lecture notes and didn't even read the textbook at all.

They really ought to teach you this in kindergarten: the teacher/prof has to use a textbook, but really the only thing they're going to put on the test is the stuff they talk about in the lectures.

Now *that's* evil. But it's also the way things are!

Yeah, one thing I disagree with The Alt-Right is the obsession or hate against Jews....

*Buffy gets her hopes up*.....

....because I do believe Jews are White. Contrary to what many internet sources would say, I do believe skin color equals to race and that there really is no difference between a phenotype and a genotype. I'm actually a follower of Dr. Lisa Randall on Twitter who I believe is an Ashkenazi Jew. Anyways, I think if you're 90% White, you're White.

...oh damn, you were *so* close there. I'm sorry you had to ruin it with the racist twaddle.

How about Sephardic or Mizrahim Jews? Jesus was a Mizrahim Jew. 

No, I haven't done one of those DNA ancestry test but other people in The Alt-Right have done so such as Blonde in the Belly of the Beast:

Unfortunately, you completely miss the point here that an awful lot of people who are extreme racists, aren't "90% white." Kinda bursts their bubble. And they can get thrown out of the "white club."

It's not so much that I'm scared of dark people but that the data speaks for itself:

Bet'cha didn't try that URL out, when you copied and pasted that image from Stormfront.org or one of the many Neo-Nazi/KKK sites that have posted it.

Hint: it's not in the least bit based on fact. Just meant to scare you. Which you seem to crave. 

Personal accounts are basically like anecdotes. I think you need to look at the bigger picture and meta-analyses.

Interesting you say that, because you've really mostly used your own personal anecdotes to justify your opinions. And where you do use any sort of "big picture" statistics, you pick bogus ones from racist web sites.

That makes it a bit hard to engage with you on the topic, because what you "know" doesn't seem to bear much resemblance to reality.

Isn't that the nature of capitalism? Why would a studio apartment revert back from 1,000 dollars back to 300 dollars per month? What incentive is there for a landlord to do so anyways? Is overpopulation real or is that one of those dirty little secrets that you're not supposed to talk about?

I'm not sure what you read there that you're responding to, but yes, the nature of capitalism is to create new things from old ones. Kinda non-sequiter.

But of course the point is that so many of these areas that you find scary, actually are starting to have more white people or people of color that you, uh, seem not to be scared of:

Aren't those rich minorities the scariest?

No, not really. They look civilized.

So you're not scared of them, why do you want to make them go away? What problem are you trying to solve?

Buffy

Don't you think that sounds somewhat like Alt-Right talk? The Alt-Right is pro-hierarchy.

Mmm hmm. You should go look up who said it and what he's famous for. That's left as an exercise for the reader.

Hint, it's irony.

In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, :phones:

Buffy

Well, this strayed far from the political party discussion.  I miss the good old days when most political conversations were about tax policy and healthcare!  I find the raw racism to be quite unsettling.  Even the abortion issue is less disturbing.

Speaking of which, is it possible to be both pro choice and anti abortion?

Well, this strayed far from the political party discussion.  I miss the good old days when most political conversations were about tax policy and healthcare!  I find the raw racism to be quite unsettling.  Even the abortion issue is less disturbing.

Amen!

Speaking of which, is it possible to be both pro choice and anti abortion?

Well, that depends on what you mean by those terms. Most Democrats who are Catholic hold such a belief in which they are "personally opposed to abortion" but they support a "woman's right to choose." That's a tightrope, but I find it perfectly reasonable.

But if you're trying to reconcile, "a woman has a right to choose," and "one of the two choices should be illegal," the obvious question is, is that a "choice?"

Everyone has the right to my opinion, :phones:

Buffy

Well, that depends on what you mean by those terms. Most Democrats who are Catholic hold such a belief in which they are "personally opposed to abortion" but they support a "woman's right to choose." That's a tightrope, but I find it perfectly reasonable.

But if you're trying to reconcile, "a woman has a right to choose," and "one of the two choices should be illegal," the obvious question is, is that a "choice?"

Everyone has the right to my opinion, :phones:

Buffy

What I see in the media sometimes is some "liberals" who almost seem to judge women who choose to have children, and in particular who choose to have several children.  Some celebrity, of whom I had never before heard of , and who's name I don't even remember made some statement about wishing she had had the opportunity to have an abortion, even though she had never even been pregnant.

Is that a "liberal" position, or just someone crying for attention?

I consider myself to be mostly conservative ( in the calm, boring, think before you act sense), and I consider myself pro choice, but I certainly don't like the idea of abortion being something that we want to promote. 

What I see in the media sometimes is some "liberals" who almost seem to judge women who choose to have children, and in particular who choose to have several children.  Some celebrity, of whom I had never before heard of , and who's name I don't even remember made some statement about wishing she had had the opportunity to have an abortion, even though she had never even been pregnant.

Is that a "liberal" position, or just someone crying for attention?

That's a caricature of a "liberal" position. I don't know of anyone who is "anti-birth." The vast majority of "liberal" women I know have had one or more kids.

There are whack jobs of every political stripe though, so you're sure to hear something weird sometime with no correlation to orientation!

I consider myself to be mostly conservative ( in the calm, boring, think before you act sense), and I consider myself pro choice, but I certainly don't like the idea of abortion being something that we want to promote.

Most people are shocked to hear I'm a Republican, but it runs in the family. It's certainly fair to call me a RINO, since the last Republican I thought would actually make a good president was Howard Baker.

My grandmother was a nurse and a life-long Republican, but her fairly big contributions to the party came to a dead stop when the party added its anti-abortion plank. Whenever they called for a donation after that, she would read them the Riot Act.

It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union.... Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less. :phones:

Buffy

Trump turned me into a RINO.  So many Republicans threw out any sense of principle to kiss his backside that I am thoroughly disgusted.

Then again the Republican fixation with the income tax is losing me, too.  In my business, the property tax hurts us a whole lot more!  At least with the income tax, I get taxed on money I have actually earned.  Property tax, under the best of circumstances is a tax on the potential value of my property, and may or may not relate to reality.  I won't know what my tractors are actually worth until I try to sell them.  I added up my property tax bills, and they come out to about 1/3 of my net income.  In other words, I have to work 4 months out of a year just to pay my property taxes!  And with all the rich "liberals" moving up from the city into my neighborhood all wanting smooth roads and fancy school buildings, my property taxes can only go up from here.

• 3 weeks later...

So now Hillary is on a book tour, blaming everyone else for her not winning the election.  Not particularly useful or helpful to the Democrats, except perhaps for raising cash. 

Yes that's what the reviews over here are saying as well. Doesn't help anyone: she's just spinning herself a cocoon of self-justification. What hurts her, I suppose, is to have lost to Trump, of all people.