Science Forums

Ocd Rant About Anal-Retentives...

malform11

Forums have a flaw. Many outsiders are subject to massive abuse and suppression from a number of anal-retentive members of forums.

Forums are small areas, like the dark alleys of the INTERNET. Once the outsider is at the forum, they are captive, hidden from the masses, and vulnerable.

A gang of mean-spirited anal-retentives lurk there; waiting to unfairly and offensively contradict, nullify, suppress, misconstrue, and obstruct any outsider.

The anal-retentives try so hard to create pathological contradiction by deconstruction, falsehoods, and purposeful misrepresentation. Add their blanket dismissal of all points made by outsiders, unfounded accusations and insults, and irrelevant crap.

In forums, anal-retentives are so abundant in numbers that they outnumber, overpower, and smother outsiders with contradiction and animosity. God himself could not dig out from under mountains of crap from twenty anal-retentives, none of which hears His word.

When individual anal-retentives from forums carry their behavior into the larger INTERNET pool, they are the few, seen as the trollers that they are.

Off the internet, in public, anal-retentives are seen as total jerks when they join and interrupt conversations in which they have no interest or understanding, with dishonest and mean spirited contradiction, and insults.

No longer safely hiding behind their computer, the abusive and insulting anal-retentives can get slapped.

In quick time the anal-retentives in society are shunned from conversations and friendships. My anal-retentive ex-girlfriend ruined a X-mas party, and was banned from all future parties. An anal-retentive ex-friend I grew up with was banned from the homes of most everyone he knew, eventually including mine. My current anal-retentive roommate once had a high paying job at a bank, but his abusive personality got him fired. He delivers pizza, because no one else will put up with him.

Anal-retentives...lurking in dark secluded forums...How do you deal with them?

You can not protect yourself completely, but you can do some things lessen the tidal waves of mean spirited contradiction.

If they will burn your house down anyway, it is better to burn your own house. This deprives the anal-retentives of their sick thrill....

Try to think of any and all ways something can be insulted, contradicted, and misrepresented and do it yourself first.

Example post:

"There was a show called "Kung Fu" that was loosely based on Bruce Lee".

...[burn yourself later]....I apologize for saying that because:
1 It is incorrect to refer to a series as a "show"
2 Bruce Lee was overblown, had no real talent.
3 Oriental people don't deserve a show about them.
4 TV is for fools like me, who believe everything they see.
5 "Kung Fu" had nothing to do with Bruce Lee.
6 Martial arts are only for ugly children, to keep them from getting beaten.
7 Oriental people, like all races, were ripped off by whitey.
8 American TV, like me, gets everything wrong.
9 There IS a series called "Kung Fu". Because it is only on in reruns doesn't mean that it no longer exists.
10 "Loosely based" is a Hollywood lie, nothing is loosely based.
11 Who cares. You have important things to do with your time. There are so many things in the world that you could be complaining about, and I am just getting in between you and the things you need to do. It is a waste of time when you have to pull up my thread, read all of my wrong words, which go on and on, wasting the little time you have after working hard at the paper mill from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon to feed your family of six, including the oldest one saving for community college in a nearby town, to the two twin babies who you are neglecting as you read my post.
. See below where I detail 50 more reasons why I was wrong.

Forums have a flaw. Many outsiders are subject to massive abuse and suppression from a number of anal-retentive members of forums.

. See below where I detail 50 more reasons why I was wrong.

Do you have something you wish to discuss, or is this just a "you're all bastards" yell, on your part?

Edited by exchemist

Absolutely not true, you moron.

I thought you might say "you anal-expulsive moron". Apparently the term does exist! 

"Anal-retentive" is a good choice of insult for a crank (not of course that I am suggesting our poster is one), as it dismisses as psychologically impaired anyone with the temerity to demand reproducible observations to support a theory. 

Edited by exchemist