Science Forums

GM food- threat to health?

My point was that if monsanto tell people that they can reduce starvation then many people who would want to criticize the GM-food don't have the courage anymore, as they are scared that others might think they don't care about starvation. Consequence not many people dares to really evaluate the risks and defend that they are there.

That's about why I brought it up.

My point was that if monsanto tell people that they can reduce starvation then many people who would want to criticize the GM-food don't have the courage anymore...That's about why I brought it up.
I understand. A legitimate point.

I don't think Monsanto's position is broadly known (I have never heard it). I hear a lot more from the fear mongers, most from Europeans. To me their quasi hysterics sound a lot more like a generic anti-corporate angeda than anthying related to a credible evaluation of risk versus reward.

By the way don't tell the aim of Monsanto is to provide basic foodstuff, their aim is to make money like all big industries (big industry and having social ideas is a contradiction as to become big you have to eat up the small).

Monsanto and ADM are interested in food for the money...duh. Monsanto more for the chemicals it can sell to food producers and ADM for the amount of food it can produce, espcially grains. ADM is one of the largest producers of ethanol for fuel, so producing GM grains which grow faster and are resistant to insect or plant diseases will grow their bottom line.

Capitalism is what makes the world go around... face it Marx was wrong.

well skippy your last statement would need to be discussed thouroughly, but I'm leaving for three weeks so that has to wait.

Bio, I do the evaluation of risk versus rewar and believe that the risks are worse than a starving so called "third world".