Science Forums

Will The United States Be A Fascist State By 2020?

Mariel33

I find this so ironic!

As I wrote earlier, there is a significant segment of the populace who share the sentiment that they were being ignored by the government, particularly under the Obama administration. So, they went to the polls, not the streets, and prevailed through the democratic process.

Then why did more people vote for Clinton than for Trump?

Reality is activity, but change as well. Society (including the US administration, Wall Street, Republicans and Democrats) is about ignoring people's right to sensible degrees of change, which is why violence is a regular part of life.

People need activity to preoccupy them, but jobs is an extreme mode of lifestyle that's unhealthy to the human mind.

What people should do is arrange themselves so that they can have a routine, day to day, but at the same time not feel restricted and exploited. All people need to respect this right, no matter where they live on the planet. 

Of course, this means being against wealth and economy, but then that's the point: progress requires compromise.

No one should have to do the same activity, but the price of this ability means 100% interaction across the world (meaning no national sense whatsoever).

I initially misread the last part in brackets to say: "meaning no rational sense whatsoever".

From the WSJ:

=============================

Donald Trump Would Boost Debt More Than Hillary Clinton, Report Says The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget quantifies the effects of candidates' revenue and spending proposals on U.S. deficits.

The report finds that Donald Trump would cut spending by around $1.2 trillion over the next decade while reducing revenues by $5.8 trillion through his plans to cut taxes and repeal other taxes imposed by the Affordable Care Act.

Nick Timiraos
Sep 26, 2016 7:43 am ET...clip

That is an article in the WSJ, by Nick Timiraos about some think tank's report.

It is not Donald Trump admitting that he will increase the deficit by over $100 billion a year.

Your statement was :

Trump has admitted he will increase the deficit by over $100 billion a year and grow the government massively

I am questioning the veracity of your statement, not some think tank report.

Reality is activity, but change as well. Society (including the US administration, Wall Street, Republicans and Democrats) is about ignoring people's right to sensible degrees of change, which is why violence is a regular part of life.

People need activity to preoccupy them, but jobs is an extreme mode of lifestyle that's unhealthy to the human mind.

What people should do is arrange themselves so that they can have a routine, day to day, but at the same time not feel restricted and exploited. All people need to respect this right, no matter where they live on the planet. 

Of course, this means being against wealth and economy, but then that's the point: progress requires compromise.

No one should have to do the same activity, but the price of this ability means 100% interaction across the world (meaning no national sense whatsoever).

Is there a name for this sort of societal structure? Anarchy-ism comes to mind.

I see Trump and Brexit as manifestations of a new gullibility, driven by willingness to believe all, and only, that which is fed to people by like-minded sources and contacts on the web that they have found.  

Have you ever actually spoken to someone who voted for Trump or for Brexit?  Could not some who voted for Brexit merely have wanted to restore a sense of home rule ?

As for those who voted for Trump, I have spoken to several of them, many who were even college educated!  Some were very torn at the voting booth, but just could not bring themselves to vote for Clinton.  Some just have a deep hatred for Clinton.  Still others hated Trump, yet still voted for him, again because of Clinton, and they voted with a glimmer of hope that Trump didn't actually mean most of what he said.

Team Clinton did itself and the whole country a great disservice in their "handling" of Bernie Sanders.

As a rural, college educated small business owner, who could not support either party, I am offended by the media's dismissive and judgmental portrayal of rural voters, and their perceived motives in the voting booth.