Science Forums

Ufo Sighting

Uttara

What has changed since 2001 is the advent of social media, which allows credulous people to make contact with one another and reinforce one another's fantasies. 

Social media can also be a direct cause too.

Two weeks ago a long term friend passed away and I am still seeing their likes on my FB news feed. I saw one like the day after, another 4 days later, one yesterday and the same like again today. What's the odds, (1) a ghost in the machine, (2) just another FB script stuff up or (3) someone is being misleading and the account has not been memorialised by FB yet.

Edited by LaurieAG

According to my reading of your link, "sightings" in the US are triple what they were in 2001, not a year ago. In the UK "sightings" are up by 12% in the last 12 months, but we are not told how many "sightings" this represents so it could be just one more than last year for all we know.

What has changed since 2001 is the advent of social media, which allows credulous people to make contact with one another and reinforce one another's fantasies. 

Lol, I guess  I didn't read it close enough but yes since 2001 then.

Edited by Vmedvil

Social media can also be a direct cause too.

Two weeks ago a long term friend passed away and I am still seeing their likes on my FB news feed. I saw one like the day after, another 4 days later, one yesterday and the same like again today. What's the odds, (1) a ghost in the machine, (2) just another FB script stuff up or (3) someone is being misleading and the account has not been memorialised by FB yet.

It will be delay in the IT system, or the administration of it. This sort of thing is rather painful, but I suppose inevitable. I'm still getting occasional mail for my wife, who died over a year ago. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Drake's Equation says there is a 100% or higher chance of alien life out there somewhere it is a mathematical impossibly that there are not UFO out there including the evidence all around us.

Possible other biochemistry for UFO Life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothetical_types_of_biochemistry

Report on Possibility on Pre Self-aware alien life on Titan. 

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/02/could-alien-life-cling-beneath-icy-ceilings-frigid-ocean-moons.html

Methane Based Life on Titan Report

https://www.popsci.com/heres-what-methane-based-life-titan-could-look

alienlift_3215939b.jpg

Edited by Vmedvil