Science Forums

How Life Can Be Anywhere.

TheSoloPlayer

Now to us, we first thought that life would need water, and the sun, along with organics to feed on. But how are we so sure about it? Life can't be so hard to make, and needs the exact process that earth went through. Such as we thought that life needs photosynthesis to live. But when we look at the Movile Cave, we find that the beasts that live down there, use chemosynthesis instead of photosynthesis. So what does this mean? It means that we really don't need the sun for life. In fact, I'm sure that if Pluto had a bigger atmosphere to retain more heat, and the liquid water mountains melted, then there could live life there. We can't jump to saying that life could only happen on earth, because we never looked for it. For all we know, their could be life on mercury, that lives by heating the iron, and using it perhaps as blood, or by cooling the hydrogen captured by the planet to use it as blood perhaps.

We must accept that life can begin or live anywhere, and any way. Such as Titan, Saturn's largest moon, has a dense atmosphere. It has a lakes of liquid ethane, and may harbor life that uses the liquid ethane. We know many things about space, but know only 1% of our oceans. Many creatures live in the cold, deep depths of the sea, which could mean that if life can live in the cold, life can live on titan. Or have we already found life? There are rumors that area 51 contains alien UFO's, and are trying to reverse engineer them. Why you may ask? Well if they wanted to, they could win wars with alien technology, so they would keep it a secret, and try to make aliens a secret.

Tell me what you think!

P.S. I am 13.

... We can't jump to saying that life could only happen on earth, because we never looked for it. ...

Or have we already found life? There are rumors that area 51 contains alien UFO's, and are trying to reverse engineer them. Why you may ask? Well if they wanted to, they could win wars with alien technology, so they would keep it a secret, and try to make aliens a secret.

Tell me what you think!

P.S. I am 13.

I think no one whose opinion matters is saying life can only happen on Earth, nor is anyone whose opinion matters saying we have aliens on ice.

Life is quirky, we only have one example of life, from that we cannot really make any predictions. It could be that life is exceedingly rare (not the hypothesis I would be willing to promote) but it could be that our kind of life is rare and life abounds on worlds so different from ours as to boggle the imagination.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/alternative_forms_of_life.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/titan-could-host-life-not-as-we-know-it/

http://www.dailytech.com/Isaac+Asimovs+Blueprint+for+Alien+Life+Not+as+We+Know+It+is+Illuminated/article37218.htm