Science Forums

Virtual reality to the rescue

1.can VR help school kids(who dont have labs) do their lab experiments like the students of surgery in the michigan uni.how can this be made affordable to the poorest.

2.VR meeting rooms. then ppl would not have to fly half way round the world just 4 a meeting(think how many moms and dads can be around for the family time).not to forget how much travel costs will be saved. :cup:

3.VR is already being used in treating ppl with phobias. :turtle: thats great.

i am talking about elementary and secondary school level.surely it cant be that expancive when compaired to the VR surgery lab.

there is a huge global market 4 this kind of stuff.if some one comes up with the right price(affordable)(unlike microsoft) they could take the world by storm. :turtle:

if that fails

how can that fail though? think about it, schools pay, with school discounts, probaly around 100 bucks per license of MS Office, times 4-500 machines and a sum of 5000 dollars emerges. although 5000 dollars is not enough to pay for all the hardware/software needed for virtual reality labs, it is already a great start sum that you wont have to pay...

elementary and secondary school level

I am curious as to why you would want to use virtual reality equipment with little kids? kids tend to break things....

well we can train kids. they actually listen when u sound like u have some thing good to offer(in the childs mind ofcourse).if we train children right think how much more effective adults they will be. in every field of life i.e. they will be highly effective people.(effective people=productive people). i dont know the%age but think if this kind of technology is avalable to every individual on earth how much progress will be maid.in the poor nations ppl cant realize their full potentials because education is not given to the child. VR labs are an excelent way to educate,learn and then practice what u learned.i some times work with poor children and it brakes my heart to see them so diprived,some of them have to walk for miles to go to a school.some times they dont even have chairs to sit on(they sit on mats).thats happening all over the 3rd world and the poorest countries.VR is the next hot thing.it has a big part in the forth wave.so why not prepair the youth starting from now they will have better chance of succeding.

well here is an interesting thing approximately $177,000,000,000 were spent by Bush on the war in Iraq, add to that approximately $65,000,000,000 spent on war on terror, add to that extra money that we had to pay for gas over the period of war, because taking out the major producer of oil in the middle east caused us to pay such summs (from 2003-2004 to 2004-2005 in the month of july the difference in average price of regular gasoline is approximately 40 cents/galon * 756,000,000 galons/day * 365 days * 2 years of wars in the middle east) $215,308,800,000 but as we round to nearest billion dollars, $215,000,000,000 so in the end a sum of money of about $457 billion dollars emerges, even if you gave each school a million dollars, you could have gotten 457,000 schools well on their way to great education, but the since Bush administration merely wastes money on armed conflicts, all those schools still dont have money, dont give a good education, or even give a desk for the kids to sit behind or a chair to sit on.

I know this is not supposed to be a political discussion but you brought it up...

u r right alex.if we educate children now and divert their attention away from war we will not have wars in the future. in the fields of psychology they say train the mind in good things the mind will be in the habit of doing good things.the direction of productivity has to get away from technology that distroys to technology that sustains and heals and gives peace.VR IS THE NEXT BIG THING.i think in the next 20 years time ppl will be having meetings in a VR ROOM.yes i do stand for make love not war.or make friends not war or make allies not war.dont understand what bush administration is doing,other than waisting time and money. there are other ways of disabling the enemy.less expensive and they get u lots of friends who do the disabling 4 u.

u r right alex.if we educate children now and divert their attention away from war we will not have wars in the future. .
Your views are nobel indeed however, your thought "if we educate children now" should by neccessity read "if we educate ALL children now", meaning world wide, only then will we ever have a chance to attain unto these lofty goals. The last portion of this sentence reads, "and divert their attention away from war we will not have wars in the future". I tend to believe, just speaking for myself you understand, that by and large the thought of war is unpleasent for the greater majority of humanity already. It is however viewed by some of the leadership as a method to impose the will of a few upon the vast number of humans for the purpose of control. Maybe we should be concentrating a greater portion of our educational efforts upon the leadership, they are incidentally the ones responsible for sending our young men into these conflagrations.

...that by and large the thought of war is unpleasent for the greater majority of humanity already. It is however viewed by some of the leadership as a method to impose the will of a few upon the vast number of humans for the purpose of control. .

1.here u r talking about the unified theory of existance.

2.what would happen if uncle sam asked u to join the army and u refused and said freedom of choice i don't want to make war.what if every one said that.

3. in order for that kind of conciousness to come about in the young ppl (volnerable,naive)they need to be educated. remember knowledge is power.empower the weak and that can only happen through education.

4.u r right the leadership desprately need to be educated.they have to keep up with changing times through education(not through breafings).