Science Forums

People viewing this forum:

I wold like to start a team/company to research and develop a real life NerveGear from the hit anime series Sword Art Online. This is no easy task, especially with the technology available, but I would love to see it become a reality. Ever since I finished SAO and SAOII, I've wanted to create this amazing piece of technology. Not only could it revolutionize the gaming industry, but it could also lead to serious advances in the medical field, as seen in the manga and anime series. So, if you think that you might be interested, these are the positions I am trying to fill:

Neurology - Anything within the neurological fields. Be it neurologists or neurophysicists, or neuroscientists(work with nervous system), or even psychologists

Mechatronics - Anything within the mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, programming, computer science, or data analysts

Business - business managers, consultants, sales, monetization etc.

Technology - Software Engineer, Web Developer, Database Manager, Security

Other - Physicists, PR, other positions involved in a company

Research is strongly advised and is encouraged even before you ask to be a part of the team. Posting them here is also advised to help us start out.

Feel free to ask questions here as well about anything you're curious about pertaining to the company, or the product(within reason of just starting out) and if you'd like to join.

Hope you all decide to jump on board with this!!

Edited by 17robots

Honestly I'm also wanting to research the possibility of Full Dive Virtual Reality and build a type of Nervegear. But my age and current "position" can make it a little hard. Basically I'm also going to make a company to research and make the nervegear or some similar Full Dive VR. So best of luck to you. Firstly though just to get you off your feet I believe it's a good idea to make the device activate some neuronal connection or part of the brain to bring you into sleep paralysis. Best of luck to you and I hope one of us will be able to get there. I already have full dive technology planned out. But getting a paralysis state and a "seeing without seeing" sense will be the hardest part.

Honestly I'm also wanting to research the possibility of Full Dive Virtual Reality and build a type of Nervegear. But my age and current "position" can make it a little hard. Basically I'm also going to make a company to research and make the nervegear or some similar Full Dive VR. So best of luck to you. Firstly though just to get you off your feet I believe it's a good idea to make the device activate some neuronal connection or part of the brain to bring you into sleep paralysis. Best of luck to you and I hope one of us will be able to get there. I already have full dive technology planned out. But getting a paralysis state and a "seeing without seeing" sense will be the hardest part.

The sleep paralysis would be hard but the "seeing without seeing" would be easier. If you want we could partner up on this.

The sleep paralysis would be hard but the "seeing without seeing" would be easier. If you want we could partner up on this.

I'm talking about basically disabling our eyes and instead giving it artificial values and graphics. I am a bit "young" but being young still doesn't mean that I have little intelligence about the subject. I have been researching and thinking about the tech for over a month now and I already have come up with a type of VR room in which you wont be in sleep paralysis. I am 13 by the way.... 

What kind of stuff have you looked into. And it's really interesting that people don't think that younger people can be of use, when, we are the more creative ones anyway. Going back to the topic, That could easily be done by stimulating the optic nerves. If we could get the electric pulses right, we could potential render what a camera sees, convert it into electric pulses, and send those down the two nerves straight to the brain, making it seem like we are seeing. What do you think?

What kind of stuff have you looked into. And it's really interesting that people don't think that younger people can be of use, when, we are the more creative ones anyway. Going back to the topic, That could easily be done by stimulating the optic nerves. If we could get the electric pulses right, we could potential render what a camera sees, convert it into electric pulses, and send those down the two nerves straight to the brain, making it seem like we are seeing. What do you think?

Seems good... Though I still have doubts about showing multiple things such as replicating physics in a VR world in real time such as getting a ball to fall in full color image. The human Eye has over 576 mega pixels of view. The resolution Is also a bit worrying. The device would probably need to be connected to a fast computer with several 4.0 GHz processors. I was thinking about connecting some type of wire or signal to the connection between the eye and the brain. Most people would say that the internet is a bad thing in a way because you wont learn anything from it and anything you see is a bunch of baloney. Of course then you see me with say 2 years of a life on the internet learning more and more each day. When I was say 8 years old I made a objective of trying to learn as much as I can on the Internet. As you can see that has payed off.

The sense hearing wont be a problem since you can just put on a pair on headsets on the device. I'm living in brasil but in about 2 months I should be back to the US. I do have quiet a bit of knowledge in the area of computer science. But unfortunately my school grades in brasil get terrible. Although I do already know square root and currently am learning delta.  

Edited by TheSoloPlayer

Seems good... Though I still have doubts about showing multiple things such as replicating physics in a VR world in real time such as getting a ball to fall in full color image. The human Eye has over 576 mega pixels of view. The resolution Is also a bit worrying. The device would probably need to be connected to a fast computer with several 4.0 GHz processors. I was thinking about connecting some type of wire or signal to the connection between the eye and the brain. Most people would say that the internet is a bad thing in a way because you wont learn anything from it and anything you see is a bunch of baloney. Of course then you see me with say 2 years of a life on the internet learning more and more each day. When I was say 8 years old I made a objective of trying to learn as much as I can on the Internet. As you can see that has payed off.

The sense hearing wont be a problem since you can just put on a pair on headsets on the device. I'm living in brasil but in about 2 months I should be back to the US. I do have quiet a bit of knowledge in the area of computer science. But unfortunately my school grades in brasil get terrible. Although I do already know square root and currently am learning delta.  

It is great that you are learning all of this stuff on your own. I am going into tenth grade and I am taking Spanish 4 and Honors Algebra 2 and AP Computer Science and all of that. But, I am trying to learn calculus and other more advanced subjects. The internet is truly a great place though. But people are talking about actually making diamond cpus instead of silicon ones. And people are predicting that, with the heat resistance of the diamond, they could get 8 ghz easily. So, enough of those in the helmet would make the resolution obsolete compared to the other stuff. That thing with the eye seems to be the only achievable thing we can do with sight right now, but maybe we could hook up more accurate eeg's to the brain externally that are more precise, and more accurate than the ones we have now.

It is great that you are learning all of this stuff on your own. I am going into tenth grade and I am taking Spanish 4 and Honors Algebra 2 and AP Computer Science and all of that. But, I am trying to learn calculus and other more advanced subjects. The internet is truly a great place though. But people are talking about actually making diamond cpus instead of silicon ones. And people are predicting that, with the heat resistance of the diamond, they could get 8 ghz easily. So, enough of those in the helmet would make the resolution obsolete compared to the other stuff. That thing with the eye seems to be the only achievable thing we can do with sight right now, but maybe we could hook up more accurate eeg's to the brain externally that are more precise, and more accurate than the ones we have now.

We have already achieved 8 GHz by using a AMD FX BULLDOZER 8 core processor and cooling it by using liquid helium. Of course liquid cooling can be a problem in a nerve gear system. If you were to use a liquid cooling system though, you could use liquid nitrogen. Problems will come with the possibility of letting the device drop and destroying a hose or chamber for the liquid nitrogen and the liquid coolant destroys the motherboard and CPU. There are ways to keep the CPU cool such as using a technique that is used to bring sodium atoms to nanokelvin temperatures by bombarding the sodium atoms with lasers at just the right amount of laser light it should slow down the atoms so they wont make so much heat. Of course the thing with using a diamond CPU was posted in 2003 and yet no diamond CPU has hit the market. If someone were to find out the secret ingredient to a material such as starlite, we could use the paint as a type of heat sink in which we could cool down the CPU to room temperature. Not only that but say we were to hook up the device to a computer, the computer can use dual CPU's or up to quad CPU. The other thing is that the device can connect to a server in which you can have enterprise motherboards with Quad CPU's holding 8 GHz processors.

Or the device itself can hold Quad CPU's with 8 GHz processors. With technology advancing we in the next 10 years we should have 10 GHz to 100 GHz processors out. Using EEG's seem like a promising idea. Although we should use other things such as a fMRI to detect changes in blood oxygenation and flow that occur in response to neural activity, when a brain area is more active it consumes more oxygen and to meet this increased demand blood flow increases to the active area, and we could use NIRS. We will need to keep a device to show how fast the heart is pumping in case of a heart attack or risk of getting a heart attack.

I agree with "17Robots" full dive tech bothered me a while already full dive would not be useful for only gamming but also medicine and nowday military. So basically i think with nowday tech it would be possible similar stuff is already premade like example "TED" controls devices with brain waves. Disable body wouldnt be too hard same as control virtual character but hardest part would be to writte in info in brain. But im sure that with harder work and right team its possible. Its 21 century gaming world didnt change while already,user interface is controled with keyboard mouse or joystick so i think its time to change it bring spice into gamming bring VR full dive. So if you wanna form a team of making VR our future i would like to help you with all i can:) ended Scotland university with degree in programming and enginering.

I agree with "17Robots" full dive tech bothered me a while already full dive would not be useful for only gamming but also medicine and nowday military. So basically i think with nowday tech it would be possible similar stuff is already premade like example "TED" controls devices with brain waves. Disable body wouldnt be too hard same as control virtual character but hardest part would be to writte in info in brain. But im sure that with harder work and right team its possible. Its 21 century gaming world didnt change while already,user interface is controled with keyboard mouse or joystick so i think its time to change it bring spice into gamming bring VR full dive. So if you wanna form a team of making VR our future i would like to help you with all i can:) ended Scotland university with degree in programming and enginering.

That is great to hear @Loney. You said that you graduated from Scotland University? That is great I need all the help I can get. Do you know anybody else in any of the above fields that would want to help? Once we get quite a few people on board, we can actually begin with the research. Or we could begin now and it would be slower than with more people, I would like to incest in the emotiv epoc or epoc+ to measure the brain and figuring out how to convert those pulses into data for animation. Kind of like the motion capture. Do you think that could be done? Oh, and before I forget, what languages did you learn at the university @Loney?

@TheSoloPlayer yes im sure laser would decresse heat but im sure it would harm human too. VR shouldnt be harmfull for human body. Heating problem is for any device but for add laser for cooling cpu first tech people should discuss it with team members who are into medicine. We would need to try best to reduce electro magnetic waves so it wouldnt harm user.

@17robots, I do have experience with video game developing... Still a bit of a beginner since the laptop that I use took a year to finish fixing so I forgot a lot of stuff in Unity3d 5... I am still thinking if I should join or stay with my own solo company on trying to build a prototype Full Dive VR Nerve Gear or other full dive VR...

@17Robots yes EPOC should handle it with little fix in it. "TED" already made simmilar way to make feelings into data with EPOC. Just difference into theyr inovation and future NG would be that user is in sleeping state. How i said reading brain wouldnt be too hard with nowday tech more harder is writting data into brain while body is disabled and user is in sleep state. And no sorry i dont know much people who into this but my friend have degree in computer game architecture i may ask him. And i learned French,Russian,Polish,German. And yes indeed i agree with more members in team it would be easier. Everyone could add his/her toughts into it.

@17robots, I do have experience with video game developing... Still a bit of a beginner since the laptop that I use took a year to finish fixing so I forgot a lot of stuff in Unity3d 5... I am still thinking if I should join or stay with my own solo company on trying to build a prototype Full Dive VR Nerve Gear or other full dive VR...

I mean, you can't do it alone. I can tell you that much. I know I can't do it alone. The more help we each have, the better. I am not going to try to convince you to join this company, but you seem like you're a smart person with skills relevant to this company, so it would be nice if you were to jump on board over here. But again, it is all up to you @TheSoloPlayer.

@thesoloplayer unity3D 5 is nice but i would like to try unreal4 as well you see they are nowday best gaming engines thesedays so each of it have + and - :) but as i think about that company stuff my toughts are that it would be easier if you would help us bcoz u see everyone have its own knowledge so everyone could help each other and build our dream:)

@thesoloplayer unity3D 5 is nice but i would like to try unreal4 as well you see they are nowday best gaming engines thesedays so each of it have + and - :) but as i think about that company stuff my toughts are that it would be easier if you would help us bcoz u see everyone have its own knowledge so everyone could help each other and build our dream:)

I agree with @Loney. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, so if people work together, they can counteract for those sort of things. So, it would be great for you to join. You have a great skillset and I would be happy to have you on the team

@Lonely Like I said I need time to think about it....The thing is is that I'm not the type of person that works in a group.. That would seem bad but so far it works out better than people who would work in a group... Sure if your in a group of people there is more knowledge and everyone will have a idea of what to do, but there will be problems between each other and possibly that guy that is almost always there that does nothing and takes all or the same amount of credit and/or money as the others who work hard... So let me think about it for a few days or weeks and I will get back with you... 

@Lonely and @17robots I still think we may exchange ideas with one another...