Science Forums

I do agree that having multiple groups working on one thing is inefficient, but that allows for that many more ways to be tried. Also, i don't agree with a public style forum. While we can research for a common goal, and we can eventually develope a final product, who is to say that a company like Microsoft would't follow our research, and they, more than likely, have much more ability and resources than us for completing a final product. Then we would then have something like the PS3 verses X-Box technology war going on. It would be much safer, from a forming company's standpoint, to stay private until we are able to develope at least a prototype. I know that unless a group is doing the research only to sell it, or for the ability to say they have a theory, that allowing research to be on the web would be something that could ruin the groups that are actually serious about creating then Full-Dive device. I mean really, we are putting our time and our funds into creating this so why would we leave it out in the open and take the risk of loosing the race to a bigger corporation? Even if you are intending to create the hardware, you also have to see where staying private is benificial to many groups. If everyone working on the project can share ideas, then so can a big company that is bigger, more organized, and more able to create this from our research. I don't want that. That is why I have an argument about joining your forum. Publicity isn't beneficial if it means your ideas could be stolen.

Hello... i have read parts of this forum... i read the beginning aswell the very first post by 17robots... i have no special degrees or anything but... i do for now have a solid thesis that i am trying to research just currently i do not have the proper equipment to do such research properly... and so... soon hopefully i will be getting my equipment... as of right now my main field of research for Nerve Gear is the walking and moving and freestyle of movement for your character i hope to have made a prototype in possibly the next few months after January because right now i want to dedicate all of my time to this i am going to be studying for my GED and hope to get it by January if not sooner if you have any questions for me i would love to answer them via PM if you could so i know that the question is directly for me :) i hope to hear from you soon

• 4 weeks later...

17robots i would love to join i am in high school in ireland and i am a mid level c++ coder im 14 years old and built my fist strong pc when i was 10 so if we need ideas twords hardware i have no problem helping out just the year i am in school has big exams this year but after i will give my undivided attention to Full dive VR so if u want me on the team i would be right in there. 

i dont know if people saw a post early on in the thread saying that we need 9 senses in the machine but as much as i hate to say pain might be dangerous imagine this the machine has put you in a dream state turned off the part of your mind that moves your body like it does when you are dreaming the way u get out of this state is bye waking up from you realising your dreaming or by someone giving you a punch slap push all of those three trigger the pain receptor of your brain so if you get stabbed on game and you feel it it might trigger your brain to reactivate the part of your brain that lets u move but if that is blocked my the machine your brain might go into shock as it is trying to wake u up but it cant.

That is interesting. It hasn't occurred to me that that would be an issue at all. What would you say would happen, if we were able to induce the full dive experience, but were not able to input any sensory data (write to the brain)? I have been thinking about this (for attempting early testing), and am not sure if it would be safe to do that if we leave the person without any stimulation.

Edited by NightWolfx5

well i am not to sure but touch is a problem as well as if u were to grab a wooden beam to hardly lets say thats a large amount of data which could also try to wake u up. as for the other seven we should be ok but maybe not smell im thinking on that one. by the way im 14 and dont have a clue about the brain just im coming up with theories  on what would happen if we were to do this to a human brain.

Edited by Gav

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...