Science Forums

Hey guys, recently I too created a community dedicated to researching a brain computer interface. Currently it is run by me (Computer Science and Engineering major) and my good friend Liam who is a Biomedical Engineer major. We also have a 3rd year chemical engineer as our global moderator.

I would love if you guys checked our forums. (I know there are a ton, but none seem organized and we don't have a central location dedicated to this research) Hopefully you guys decide to check it out and help us achieve our goal of creating a brain computer interface like the nerve gear.

http://nerve.boards.net

Vortex, Do remember that there are already groups formed for this project. Most people will perhaps be reluctant to share information publicly.

Yes there are groups already however there is no common platform dedicated to sharing research and the development on this topic (besides academic journals and institutions). Also for some reason many groups that look promising are private or inactive. I want everyone to be able to learn and work towards a BCI like the nervegear. I've also already gotten in contact with professionals who are willing to contribute.

Edited by HarrisR

Ok guys:

I made a deal with HarrisR to work with him. He wants to do research and build a baseline for the creation of a nervegear(in their case a medicuboid). We will help them conduct their research and write academic-grade work so that it can be used in a professional manner. Thanks. More on the other forum.

I feel like just having a baseline for the FullDive technology creation would not be realizing the full potential of doing the research in the first place. We should be looking for groups that are more ideal to merge with on the basis of making a complete product rather than a research partner.

I feel like just having a baseline for the FullDive technology creation would not be realizing the full potential of doing the research in the first place. We should be looking for groups that are more ideal to merge with on the basis of making a complete product rather than a research partner.

I did that ages ago.. and there's actually no one out there taking initiative. Also if you're really want to have some groups cooperate.. I think you should focus first on trying to at least get the slightest hint of how the concept works. It's quite a complex system which requires massive amount of extensive research.. also organization of idea.. Well I apologize for barging in so suddenly.. I don't mean to be rude but I'd like to point out some suggestions..since we're both working on the same goal :)

Edited by Mactyville

I did that ages ago.. and there's actually no one out there taking initiative. Also if you're really want to have some groups cooperate.. I think you should focus first on trying to at least get the slightest hint of how the concept works. It's quite a complex system which requires massive amount of extensive research.. also organization of idea.. Well I apologize for barging in so suddenly.. I don't mean to be rude but I'd like to point out some suggestions..since we're both working on the same goal :)

I know what you are saying, and I understand it. What I was tring to say is that while working on the baseline for the technology would be a good start for working together, I think that rather than just having that as a common goal, groups should be working together on the basis of creating a completed product. Not just to share ideas for purely research purposes only.

I know what you are saying, and I understand it. What I was tring to say is that while working on the baseline for the technology would be a good start for working together, I think that rather than just having that as a common goal, groups should be working together on the basis of creating a completed product. Not just to share ideas for purely research purposes only.

I don't know why people assume "research purposes only." I don't get that. To make a completed product you need to have the tech to make it. Currently the technology doesn't exist for it to be made, and because of this we need to research.  Members of my forum ( http://nerve.boards.net ) are researching and we're also experimenting/developing uses our universities and other tools we have.

Edited by HarrisR

We are all working toward a common goal. A virtual reality brain computer interface. We want to be able to use it withing our lifetime. The forum I made was to make an open platform for everyone to research and develop the nervegear. Having an open platform speeds up the research and the production. It also makes it so people don't need to constantly conduct the same research and we wouldn't have a million independent groups trying to make the same thing.  I want to experience something like the nervegear before I die and I made the  The "deal" was that I would give 17robots global moderator on our forum if he moved his research and members to the open platform and contributed to our cause. 

Also can you please stop assuming we don't want to make it. We do, and thats why we have computer science engineers, biomedical engineers, chemical engineers all working together and conducting experiments. Also, the tech for a nervegear doesn't exist..yet. We plan to research it and even make it if we need too. 

I honestly don't know where you get these ideas that we don't want to do anything with this research.

We don't need you guys to research, however we want everyone to be involved. I offered this to you guys because I believed everyone could contribute and work together. If you guys want to be private and try and make it by yourselves then try and do that. If so, good luck with your project and goals.

Edited by HarrisR