Science Forums

@CraigD, is that for the invasive wires? Can that be said for the noninvasive ones as well? And as for where they need to be placed, all we need is a connectome, or a map of all of the basic main neural connections of the brain that we know everybody has. From there, we can map out what area does what and place the electrodes on a human head to see how they would be positioned in the helmet. I am well aware, however, that when we read and write to the neurons in the brain, it will have to go through the skull to get to the brain and the specific neuron. Which is why I wanted to know if the present day electrodes are capable of sending as well as relieved the electrical activity of the brain. For example, could we send an electric pulse or something with our electrodes and could it be able to go through the skull? And then there's the fact that the brain is made up of liquid. Would that have an effect too?

well... I, nor probably anyone, could tell you what 'basic main neural connections' that the brain has. There's just too many. Also, stimulating the brain directly with electrodes is dangerous, as it can cause seizures and other nasty things. There are methods that have been developed to stimulate the brain through the dura mater and the cereberospinal fluid, however, i would say it is near impossible to stimulate a single neuron accurately non-invasively.

I was lanning on stimulating the nerves with the electrodes. And electrodes now are small enough to accurately target the individual nerve. The only problem is the skull. I dont know how it is going to affect it. But, it doesnt seem to pose a problem because of how eegs work.

And, @TheSoloPlayer, it is great that you are willing to help us.I am happy to have your set of skills here. I understand and am willing to accept if you would like to leave the group because of the on gain off again. But, I really am grateful to see that this project is worth your effort and time. And, the same goes out to everyone else that has joined so far. I am happy that you have all put your time and energy into this forum and what it is going to hopefully produce.

Edited by 17robots

As I said, non-invasively. the electrodes that can accurately target singular neurons will have to be invasive. Do keep in mind, that there is quite a thick layer of skin, skull, and CerebroSpinal Fluid (CSF) that keep the brain safe. That is the reason why I'm saying it will be almost impossible to target singular neurons non-invasively.

250px-Meninges-en.svg.png250px-Sobo_1909_589.png

I see what you are saying. I am just basing my idea off of the fact that eegs can make it through all of that. Maybe if they were small...like nano not small, we could be more precise. And the map of the neural connections of the brain is called a connectome. It is really cool and I think it could help us a lot regardless of invasive or non invasive. But I do see where you are coming from @simeoh1. And it does lead us to keep our minds open for other ideas. That is one of the benefits of being on a team, we are able to come up with different ideas and help figure out what is going to work and what isn't and the best way to make it work. Thanks @simroh1 I'll keep my options open. But, I want to drive to get the noninvasive part if possible. But, even if it doesn't look like it is going to work, we still have the invasive actions that we can take.

@17robots

I agree with you about a website, it will be easier to communicate and to start work on the project. With reference to non-invasiveness I agree that such a proposal can not be. So we'll have to start by placing the electrode.
Looking at what we need to stimulate the visual cortex exactly begin in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth area of the Brodmann field.
So in the area V1 and V5 of visual cortex
It will be sufficient for our needs.
Then try to read or interpret motor signals sent from the brain to the whole body. Why start from the image and not from the movement? Having the picture will be much easier for us to find people to work together, the image much faster we are able to realize. As we have already appeared in doubt sooner forum. how to turn off forwarding information to the rest of the body. So that the person using this technology suddenly she started to move, or not at all stopped only was able to move mentally. Returning to the view, not need to disconnect anything there. Man of rules using this device ( turning on) closes its eyes.

At the end of a few images of areas about which I said sooner:
03wzrok-makak.jpg

/\  visual cortex /\
Gray726-Brodman.pngBrodmann field
If anything is unclear what I said, I offer my help.I know that my English is very poor.

Edited by palgonistar12

@17robots

I agree with you about a website, it will be easier to communicate and to start work on the project. With reference to non-invasiveness I agree that such a proposal can not be. So we'll have to start by placing the electrode.

Looking at what we need to stimulate the visual cortex exactly begin in the seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth area of the Brodmann field.

So in the area V1 and V5 of visual cortex

It will be sufficient for our needs.
Then try to read or interpret motor signals sent from the brain to the whole body. Why start from the image and not from the movement? Having the picture will be much easier for us to find people to work together, the image much faster we are able to realize. As we have already appeared in doubt sooner forum. how to turn off forwarding information to the rest of the body. So that the person using this technology suddenly she started to move, or not at all stopped only was able to move mentally. Returning to the view, not need to disconnect anything there. Man of rules using this device ( turning on) closes its eyes.

At the end of a few images of areas about which I said sooner:
03wzrok-makak.jpg

/\  visual cortex /\

Gray726-Brodman.pngBrodmann field

If anything is unclear what I said, I offer my help.I know that my English is very poor.

@palgonistar12 Are you planning to stimulate the actual brain?  And, do you have any ideas on how we could cut out external motor input from the brain to the body, leaving him/her paralyzed externally, but use the signals that are sent to use as input for the games. And, if we are going to make this, we are going to need some proof of concept when we finish for when we go to release it and stuff like that. I would say, make a little room with stuff in it, and be able to walk around. Just so the people there would have validation that it works, you know.

@17robots With this it I'm not sure if it would work. But we can cut the transmission of information from the brain to the body by sending ultrasound waves to the cervical vertebrae, resulting in paralysis of the body below the neck. With the exception of the heart. What the respiratory tract I have no idea. The effect to be visible for a while is sent the signal. But we must be careful Too much signal strength can break the cycle causing irreversible paralysis. Or we can follow the path of sleep, and the precise moment the cage to be imposed on our body, by our mind. Unfortunately I am not able to speak how this happens or how to call it artificially.

@17robots With this it I'm not sure if it would work. But we can cut the transmission of information from the brain to the body by sending ultrasound waves to the cervical vertebrae, resulting in paralysis of the body below the neck. With the exception of the heart. What the respiratory tract I have no idea. The effect to be visible for a while is sent the signal. But we must be careful Too much signal strength can break the cycle causing irreversible paralysis. Or we can follow the path of sleep, and the precise moment the cage to be imposed on our body, by our mind. Unfortunately I am not able to speak how this happens or how to call it artificially.

I don't know exacly. Sleep would be really hard becasue that is a body-controlled function. I want to believe that the ultrasound will work, but again I haven't tried and we could potentially suffocate them or put them into cardiac arrest. Do you have any experience with web design @palgonistar?