Science Forums

You Shouldn't Trust Wikipedia. It Even Says A Fever Can Cause You To Catch Fire

LisaL

I said something along the lines of ''you shouldn't trust Wikipedia. It even says a fever can cause you to catch fire. Nonsense''.

She replied: ''It can, ffs, it's called sponaneous combustion, and a girl died of it in the town i used to live in, whilst in college.

Live a few more years, keep your ego under your hat, and you might realise was a silly boy you sound.''

I said: ''show me proof. If people can catch fire from fevers why is it that cellular metabolism ceases at only 60 C?''

Then, she replied ''Oh i see, college/uni know it all.
That is all''
She said ''it was in 1982. How can I? The internet didn't exist back then!''

''She was in a lesson in college (and going by your name, you would probably have heard of the college, but its not leeds), she came out of class, got halfway down the stairs, and just burst into flames.

A cousin of mine was there, she thought someone had set her on fire, then it came out in the ortopsy report.

I've no reason to lie to you.''

She also cited the one about the Irish coroner, the Galway incident. 

She also said there's apparently been cases where people's skin got hot and emitted smoke. She said there was a case in the 90s of a woman whose back suddenly felt hot, and released so much smoke her husband had to turn on a fan. afterwards her back was red and had blisters on it. 

Edited by LisaL

• 1 month later...

Some people burned, some melted; they maybe fake but sometimes weird events are happening.

Some people said i started burning, without a reason. We dont know did they lie. But i blieve aliens are exist and weird things may happen

I am hearing weird sound from nowhere, they said it is sun explosion; maybe they are lying. Maybe we have secrets

We have secrets bcause humans are idiot and dangerous. If an alien comes to Earth, Muslims will kill it and America will torture it for their technology and knowledge

Earth is a dangerous place for aliens, and sometimes weird things happen

Some people burned, some melted; they maybe fake but sometimes weird events are happening.

Some people said i started burning, without a reason. We dont know did they lie. But i blieve aliens are exist and weird things may happen

I am hearing weird sound from nowhere, they said it is sun explosion; maybe they are lying. Maybe we have secrets

We have secrets bcause humans are idiot and dangerous. If an alien comes to Earth, Muslims will kill it and America will torture it for their technology and knowledge

Earth is a dangerous place for aliens, and sometimes weird things happen

Are you high? 

LisaL - Will you please do me a favor and post the link to where in Wikipedia that you read that? I went to https://en.wikipedia.org/Spontaneous _human_combustion. I did a search on that page for the terms fever and temperature and found nothing on each.

If you don't mind me asking, to whom were you talking to anyway? What is ffs? If it's related to a fever then how did she know what that person's temperature was? Thanks.