Science Forums

Syria

Deepwater6

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32703945

A very complicated war, terrible as wars are, this one has seen more than it's share of brutality.

The article describes a mainly Islamist group but within a non-Islamist state. Although I know what the words mean, I'm having trouble understanding this description.

With so many countries invested in this war, and so many different factions, it's hard to see which side we should be on. Although it looks as though many countries are playing both sides of the fence. And this I believe is why peace has been so elusive in this war.

Finally, as much as it pains me to admit it Assad has lasted far longer than I ever thought possible. Before the war I would read stories of other leaders commenting on Assad's lack of intelligence and ineptitude. Yes he has backing countries, but he has held the regime together through all this. I have to give him that much.

All that aside peace must be found. All war is filled with horror, but this one includes too many children.