Science Forums

Did God Time Travel?

amt7565

This is a common problem here, those that contribute to this or any other thread should respect the purpose the author had in mind when he first posted it. If they can't answer the question posed at the outset, why would they have any interest in the thread to begin with. It's a common tactic by these individuals to, instead of answering the topical question, they pose one of their own to switch focus in an attempt to hi-jack the thread for their own purpose. If some contributers to this thread find this expose offending, it is most likely because they fit well into this category.

People with a different view are also entitled to respond. And sarcasm is a perfectly valid reply to a ridiculous, nonsensical question.

Philosophy? Interesting...

Einstein, the greatest mind tha ever lived was a philosopher, not an astronomer.

Hmm, I thought he was a theoretical physicist myself. Let's see, what was his PhD in? Oh yeah, PHYSICS.

amt7565: He formulated this thought experiments based on philosophy, not astronomy.

So even if we believe you, we still conclude that you should have posted in the PHILOSOPHY forum, and not the ASTRONOMY forum.

Go ahead, shoot yourself in the foot some more!

amt7565: Hate to digress, but seems like some of the atheists here are not addressing my initial question. :Alien:

Post your non-scientific questions elsewhere, not in the science forums.

Hate to digress, but seems like some of the atheists here are not addressing my initial question. :Alien:

That's because there is no God. Maybe you should ask at religiousforums.com or somewhere similar. Frankly, this whole thread is off topic for this forum.

Hate to digress, but seems like some of the atheists here are not addressing my initial question. :Alien:

It doesn't have a thing to do with atheism, pal. It has something to do with your question. It wasn't a question that can be explained by science. It is not something that can be studied, evaluated, and tested.

In fact, it is a question which probably deserves an answer like the hyperdimensional mice in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy got from their Deep Thought computer (and the answer was, of course, '42').

They then built a whole planet in order to make a computer large enough to work out what the original question was. And, sadly for the mice, it turned out that the ultimate question and the ultimate answer cannot exist in the same universe.

Whether one believes in a god or not does not really have anything to do with it.

I find it easier to accept that GOD made this Universe than to think it was some event or accident. I am sure many of you will disagree. But for the sake of a theoratical discussion, let's assume that God did make the Universe 15 billion years ago-

AMT-

Look at my original question again.

I get it. Dont like being called Atheists huh?

j/k.

AMT-

No, far from it. In fact, it makes All Of Us go all warm and fuzzy inside. But what is the point of your discussion? Where do you want it to go? From what I see there is nothing more to discuss.

The discussion should have ended days ago.. But I am bent on having the last word..or until this topic is locked :Alien:
Just a word amy7565 from a friend; Remember what the word says, "A soft answer turns away wrath". From a friend, let it go, I wouldn't want to see you get into any trouble over this issue. Have a good one.....................infamous

The discussion should have ended days ago.. But I am bent on having the last word..or until this topic is locked ;)

If getting the last word implies being rude to people then you will find that the admins get the last word. Let it pass. We encourage people to post their ideas but when it dies out, it dies out. No need to pull in the "what's your religion" aspect. Okay?

Edit: And this was posted by your friendly Admin, Tormod, who didn't realize his wife had logged in before him. :Alien:

Einstein was a philosopher foremost. Folks might want to brush up on their history.

Can you demonstrate that Einstein had a Ph.D. in philosophy? Nope.

But we all know that Einstein had a Ph.D. in physics.

Anyone can philosophize: that doesn't make them an honest-to-goodness, degreed philosopher.

The simplest way to answer you're question which does belong more in the philosophy section than here is that for those who do not believe in God someone who does not exist could not have time traveled. For those who are believers since God by definition created time he or she would have no reason to travel time since he or she already knows everything and is eternal by definition to begin with. In the end the question was rather a bad one and poorly placed as far as catagories go. And to set the record straight I'm agnostic, not an athiest.

Would God have had to wait 15 billion years to witness full Human evolution
If you believe in an eternal almighty God, then I'd say there's no sense in thinking of Him having to wait. The notion of an eternal almighty being having to wait somehow doesn't make sense to me. He would neither have to wait, nor travel time. Just as He is everywhere, so is He always.